Profile Picture

Help - Broken PC - using replacement machine with drive as secondary..

Posted By thursobard 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Help - Broken PC - using replacement machine with drive as secondary.....

Author
ExclamationMark
thursobard
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi everybody.

Can anybody offer advice?

My machine broke down and I've been forced to use another computer with my previous hard drive (one partition) now acting as secondary drive.
I have a bunch of reallusion software on this - and it's on the D drive now, and I'm assuming it won't load from there.

My question is how best to recover everything?

1. Could the programs be ran from the D drive if I duplicate C drive data folder structure?
2. Is it possible to install afresh (on to the main drive C) and THEN copy files over?

Hope this makes sense - I'm not sure what to do Sad, I need to get back to the software asap.

With thanks in advance!
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hi thursobard,

Sorry to hear about broken computer. You have several authorized installs with your software, you can just redownload it from inside your account and reinstall it. Further the reallusion guys are cool people, they are looking to prevent piracy and not looking to limit your installs in situations like this, so if you run into an issue you can always email tech support.

Cheers.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
thursobard (6/26/2014)
Hi everybody.

Can anybody offer advice?

My machine broke down and I've been forced to use another computer with my previous hard drive (one partition) now acting as secondary drive.
I have a bunch of reallusion software on this - and it's on the D drive now, and I'm assuming it won't load from there.

My question is how best to recover everything?

1. Could the programs be ran from the D drive if I duplicate C drive data folder structure?
2. Is it possible to install afresh (on to the main drive C) and THEN copy files over?

Hope this makes sense - I'm not sure what to do Sad, I need to get back to the software asap.

With thanks in advance!

As PSD has already explained, just download all your programs from your Member Account, install them and then copy all your content files from the old drive to your new installation.

Just make a note during installation of your Template and Custom folders so you know where to copy the content to.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago

Hi
Remember NOT to delete the things you COPY over.
Don't CUT them over.
Worse things happen to drives and EVERYTHING has to have a copy.

Jus' in case!

Armstrong.

iClonia.com           iCloneTutorials.com         iClonia Blog
[/quote]

thursobard
thursobard
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thanks everybody, much appreciated.

Going to begin with Iclone first, feeling more confident about it now.

Cheers! :-)

Reading This Topic