Pipeline - daz garibaldi hair to iclone

Posted By Grinderman 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Grinderman
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (997 reputation)Veteran Member (997 reputation)Veteran Member (997 reputation)Veteran Member (997 reputation)Veteran Member (997 reputation)Veteran Member (997 reputation)Veteran Member (997 reputation)Veteran Member (997 reputation)Veteran Member (997 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hi, I've not used daz yet but I got it other day as was free on their site, I did a few searches about making hair and what I found to be a good tool was garibaldi with daz, seems easy enough to use. My question is, can I use garibaldi to make hair for a daz model and then export the hair only and use in iclone via 3dxchange? I understand that I would have to reduce it's numbers if it can be done. Also I was wondering if there is a better way to make hair for my iclone models? Perhaps 3dsmax? It seems that iclone should have its own tool integration, but I'm sure one day!
I really need a male long hair tied back and a few others that I would feel better designing myself.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

- Mike
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Looks like an interesting software. I want to know more about it. Did you buy it yet?
TS
Grinderman
Grinderman
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (997 reputation)Veteran Member (997 reputation)Veteran Member (997 reputation)Veteran Member (997 reputation)Veteran Member (997 reputation)Veteran Member (997 reputation)Veteran Member (997 reputation)Veteran Member (997 reputation)Veteran Member (997 reputation)

No haven't got it, need to find out more about making hair, didn't think it be this complicated to find a way. Looks good tho and is $50 so not buying until can confirm works with iclone

- Mike
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
some hair is made out of particle effects, sometimes some software allow you to convert particle effects to mesh - but the polys will be huge and decimating them isn't really an option because of the way they are designed, strings of many polygons that crumble when decimated.

Grinderman
Grinderman
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Hi sw00000p, thanks for the reply, it's a very technical reply if you don't mind me saying, you say there are apps/softwares, what would you recommend me look out for? I like to see tutorials on YouTube where I can see how things are done and if I can follow it I will give it a shot.

- Mike
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Sw00000p has no idea what Garibaldi hair is so will enlighten him
it is Renderman curve hair created in Daz studio using its Renderman compliant software 3Delight
I believe it has an option to transform the curves into geometry

I have LAMH which uses the same Renderman feature and I know it can be exported as geometry
very high poly geometry
I have made some hair props with it and even rigged them
an example below using Carrara to weightpaint

and brought them into iClone
but we ARE talking VERY HIGHPOLY here

the hair in action
several duplicated props as accessory

Edited
10 Years Ago by wendyluvscatz
Grinderman
Grinderman
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

@sw00000p you're right that I'm not ready for hair yet, what you say almost makes sense to me, I can see kind of what you mean and why but I lack the knowledge at the moment. I will look into what you suggested and see if I can get better at this. You said not to use max as it won't work how it should and then said that I mentioned max and already have it made but don't know it, what did you mean by that? Thanks again for your time and help.

@wendy that hair/model looks too much like me haha! Looks good tho! Thanks for links to vids, again it's over my head as a bit technical but that's just me being at the beginner stage.

I hope to learn to make hair for facial hair and head hair in the future, is there anyone that can make hair if I provided photo? And then I could buy thru the market perhaps. It's the only thing I can think of as a quick way to get it.

Another thought, would it be better to do all the work in iclone, export it all (models, textures, scene, motions etc) into max, add hair that way and render there? I don't have max but if that would be the best thing then I could get it if had to. Thoughts?

- Mike
Grinderman
Grinderman
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Apologies @sw00000p, I'm going to do some research into max and see if it would be worth using. Thanks

- Mike
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

swoop likes keeping up with the joneses, and enjoys sterile art. He aspires to be a dime a dozen, and he doesn't want a signature style - he just wants money, fame, power, respect, and anything else that covers up the fact that he lacks imagination and creativity. He'd be lost with a pencil.

he means well though, albeit for his own amusement :p

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

swoop uses blank paper to take someone's orders, not to write original ideas.

Reading This Topic