Catch 22 over Kinect v 1 and v 2

Posted By drewstwos 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
drewstwos
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hi aLL,
Some months ago I had thoughts abut getting into the Kinect scene for use in iClone NOT for all the other things it can track like frenetic leaping around (Dancing?) , so I downloaded and installed the MoCap Plug In. Also I think SDK 1.7. But I didn't actually get the Kinect machine. It was shown in various videos working well, but here's the thing.
Now we are informed that Kinect v2 will be available at the end of July. Great, but will it work with the original MoCap Plug In? The original version would not track hand and wrist movments, but apparently V 2 does.
Also we are now up to SDK 1.8. Does this also have to be added over 1.7 or does that have to be uninstalled first. Or do we even need SDK which is a Developers Kit to have Kinect capture simple motion in iClone?
I am a bit confused and would appreciate some informed comment, not just for me but for others considering moving on or into Kinect for the first time.
Thanks in advance
Drew.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 10 hours ago
It is still early days for Kinect For Windows v2 so for now you will require the older Kinect For Windows v1 or Kinect For Xbox sensor if you wish to use mocap with iClone5 and the Mocap Device Plugin.

As you may know iClone6 is currently in development for release at the end of the year. We will of course be evaluating Kinect v2 and hope to know more as we get nearer to a release date for iClone6.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Neutronica
Neutronica
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Any new info on Kinect for Windows v2 for use with Mocap / iClone?
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
It would be really cool if iClone could record the motion of more than one avatar at once, as the Kinect can track a whole group of people.

Reading This Topic