Profile Picture

Mocap Device Plugin - Kinect for Windows

Posted By otactu 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
otactu
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Hello World !

I downloaded today :
-"iClone v5.51 PRO Trial"
-"iClone 3DXchange v5.51 Pipeline Trial"
-"iCloneMocapDevice".

I tryed during few hours but it still doesn't work.

I have Windows 7 - 64 Bits and a Kinect for Windows. (On the kinect I see a Yellow blinking light but no red one like on the xbox).

I have download on this site :

- OpenNI SDK
- Kinect SDK Beta2

and on other :

- OpenNI-Windows-x86-2.2
- OpenNI-Windows-x64-2.2.0.33
- NiTE-Windows-x64-2.2
- NiTE-Windows-x86-2.2

I tried a lot of install/desinstall but i still get :

Connecting to Mocap Device
Initiation fail. (65565BigGrinevice not found)

SOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo ... Tongue

What have I to do ?

What is the good way to install Mocap Device Plugin and use it ? Smile

Thanks !

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hi otactu,

First welcome to the family! Cool

2nd, do you have the power adapter for the kinect module ? the usb plug isn't enough power to start the kinect cam for motion capture in iclone, the lights will blink, but it won't function on the pc correctly without the power supply.

Cheers!

otactu
otactu
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)

I have the Usb Adaptateur (The power cable with an usb plug inside)

1 year ago, I succeed to use My Kinect for Xbox on my pc with Nite and OpenNi.

But now, it doesn't work Tongue
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
oh, thats happened to me too ...

Usually uninstalling, and reinstalling a fresh version of the driver fixes that.

Sometimes windows is to blame for how it handles drivers and updates. Recently lost my computer microphone because of that ...was working fine ..and one day ...nothing - right after a windows update!

Keep us posted how it goes, without being at the pc, it's a guessing game, and I'm just going down a list of possible issues that can cause this.

Cheers BigGrin

otactu
otactu
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I tried 4 desinstall/reinstall with differents drivers ...

And i began with the drivers provide by reallusion ... :/

Have you a "tutorial" on the installation method (maybe there is a chronogical order to have ? :/ )

------

Have I to only use the drivers provide by reallusion ? The Kinect for Windows SDK ? Nite and OpenNi ? Thanks ! Smile
Edited
10 Years Ago by otactu
SchachMatt
SchachMatt
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
when you deinstalled: did you make sure that any Mocap-driver is deleted (if needed: manually via Windows Tools) before you installed again?

more related info may be found: http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/iclone_mocap_setup.aspx

BR, SchachMatt
otactu
otactu
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

SOOOoooooo !! Smile

I desinstall EVERITHING again (Mocap, primesense, Nite, OpenNi, Kinect SDK,...)

You have to install the 2 file provides by reallusion but first the "Mocap_Plugin_OpenNI" and AFTER "the Mocap_Plugin_SDK". If you install the SDK first, you will have a missing openNI.dll, and will not be able to install "Mocap_Plugin_OpenNI".

So, after all that, Mocap plugin is working ! Smile

Thanks ! BigGrin
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
otactu (6/4/2014)
SOOOoooooo !! Smile

I desinstall EVERITHING again (Mocap, primesense, Nite, OpenNi, Kinect SDK,...)

You have to install the 2 file provides by reallusion but first the "Mocap_Plugin_OpenNI" and AFTER "the Mocap_Plugin_SDK". If you install the SDK first, you will have a missing openNI.dll, and will not be able to install "Mocap_Plugin_OpenNI".

So, after all that, Mocap plugin is working ! Smile

Thanks ! BigGrin

Actually you should only need to install one version of the Mocap Device Plugin depending on the Kinect you have and the operating system you are using.. The Open NI version is really only recommended if you are using Windows XP or you are having problems with Microsoft Kinect SDK Beta2 version.

Normally for Kinect For Xbox devices and Windows 7 you should just need to install the Microsoft Kinect SDK Beta2 version of the Mocap Device Plugin. This is available from your Member Account.

The problem many people have (and likely here) is that they install multiple versions of the Mocap Device Plugin and that just causes problems. If you just install the correct version from the get go then everything normally works fine.

However if everything is working for you now then I wouldn't try to change anything. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

birkeholm
birkeholm
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Guys
I'm stuck with the same problem. Installating/de-installating still no connection.

I use this for installtion:
3) Microsoft Kinect SDK For Windows
(For Kinect For Windows devices & Windows 7 or 8)
http://file.reallusion.com/ic/Mocap_Plug_in_MSForWin.exe

And I do get
Mocap Device(Kinect for Windows) plug-in v. 1.2 as well as
Kinect for Windows Drivers 1.5
Kinect for Windows Runtime 1.5
Kinect for Windows Speech recognition Language Pack

When launching the plug-in I get Initiation fail.

BUT in my device manager there is no sign of the Kinect or Primesense for that matter.

The green LED on the Kinect-adapter is flashing green (?)
The Kinect-sensor is for Windows and is not a V2 ( been there, done that)

I've been struggling for weeks now and is getting a little desparate Wink

What am I doing wrong ?

Regards
Erling Birkeholm, Denmark
yetzirah
yetzirah
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Having same issue but it seems to be reading-- i cant get past the phase with the 4 icons on the left showing green. I have body box checked but no floating menu. Ive reinstalled several times and im pretty sure i uninstalled everything correctly. I get the pose captured message on the mocap but nothing happens after. I have the iclone mocap going as well with the tan little dude connected. Does mocap have to be in same drive as my content folders? I have content on the ssd but iclone on my main c drive. Grrrrrr, this sucks, haha. Just glad i found a post where others are working through the issues.

Reading This Topic