Profile Picture

the timeline opens in a separate window ....

Posted By dylan pony 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
dylan pony
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
how do i just expand the one at the bottom of the screen.
that is where it is in the tutorial i'm watching...
but all i can get is a floating window that is in the way of everything....
to open the timeline i have to use the little icon in the little timeline
because i'm on a mac and F3 doesn't work the same as on a windows keyboard.
and when i click the icon i get a big floating window

is there another way besides F3 ?
colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
"dylan pony (4/23/2014)
how do i just expand the one at the bottom of the screen.
that is where it is in the tutorial i'm watching...
but all i can get is a floating window that is in the way of everything....
to open the timeline i have to use the little icon in the little timeline
because i'm on a mac and F3 doesn't work the same as on a windows keyboard.
and when i click the icon i get a big floating window

is there another way besides F3 ?"

See Screenshot.

1) Double-Click on the Icon where my Red Arrow is, to automatically set it at the bottom.

2) Double-Click again, to automatically set it at the Top.

3) Click on it once, & then Drag it to wherever you want, to get it out of the way. A quick flick to  Left & Right sides so that only a very small part is showing, does it for me.

ADDED - When you've practised that a few times & If you don't know how to expand the Timeline Down to accommodate more Timeline tracks, Post again in the same Thread.

Manipulating the User Interface is half the battle with learning iClone. It takes time. You can get to where you want fairly quickly with practise.

Anyone-else?

Screenshot:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited
10 Years Ago by colour
dylan pony
dylan pony
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)Veteran Member (620 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
thanks colour...that did the trick.

and you are absolutely 100% spot on about this interface....
it has me very confused....
just about every app you can think of has a general toolbar at the top
that has FILE, EDIT,VIEW, WINDOW, HELP ,PREFERENCES or whatever.

iclone is very different ... i'm not saying it's bad...
but it's definitely way different than what i'm used to .

i hope IC6 at least has some larger buttons and icons and click boxes....
you need a magnifying glass to use the timeline transport controls .. very hard to get your pointer on
quickly.
hopefully there are some decent keyboard shortcuts.

by the way, where is the list of keyboard shortcuts ...
as a matter of fact.... where the heck is the manual , or wiki or whatever ?
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
dylan pony (4/23/2014)

by the way, where is the list of keyboard shortcuts ...
as a matter of fact.... where the heck is the manual , or wiki or whatever ?

"Help" is accessible in the extreme Top-Right corner.  It will take you to an online help manual, with fairly decent search capability.  I've found it to be useful on numerous occasions.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I thought I'd already Posted this for you in the Welcome Forum;

You'll find a lot of Video Tutorials by Reallusion & Forum Members.

However the question of "But where do I start?" still remains.

IMO, the best way to start (Others may differ), is to go through Stuckon3D's Free Video Tutorials, which cover iClone Basics. These are based on iClone 4, which don't include the many new Features in iC5.

Warlord's Purchase Tutorial Book also based on iC4 but with iC5 new Features added, goes into the basics in more depth, with his own Content provided for individual Project-based Tutorials.

Mark's advanced Free Tutorials cover specific "How do I do this" requests, in a User friendly manner.

TUTORIALS:

1) Stuckon3D

Here; https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic31003-33-1.aspx

2) Warlord:

Here; http://www.iclonebeginnersguide.com/

3) Mark's advanced Free Tutorials:

Here;
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB19A9CF2BCAE5FAF

4) Reallusion iC5 Video Tutorials

Here; http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/iclone_training.aspx

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

Reading This Topic