12345>>>

iClone 6 Work in Progress Ep.1Expand / Collapse
Author

Tutor

TutorTutorTutorTutorTutorTutorTutorTutor

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 7/31/2014 3:12:50 AM

Dear all,

As you may know, Reallusion is working hard on the development of iClone 6, and you might be wondering about what sort of astounding improvements it has in store. As a little treat for our users, we present to you a very special ‘iClone Work in Progress’ series. This is the first of a series of videos that will give all of our talented users a sneak peak at how Reallusion is bringing you cutting-edge real-time visual technology in iClone 6 that can help to expand your production potential.

In this first video, we introduce real-time surface smoothing, which essentially smoothes out the appearance of objects and characters in your scene so they look more detailed and of higher quality. Check out the video now!

Real-time surface smoothing is being developed exclusively by Reallusion as our proprietary technology. It enhances the appearance of scene objects without sacrificing system performance.

Previously, the term real-time meant that scene objects had to have a low polygon count in order to maintain flawless software performance. Real-time surface smoothing breaks that mold, and utilizes otherwise dormant resources in your system’s GPU to enhance polygon counts in real-time, which results in the appearance of more visual refinement without a loss in performance.

We hope you’re as excited to check out this new technology as we are to produce it! In next month’s preview episode, we’ll be showing you all about the cool new tessellation technology in iClone 6, so stay tuned!

Bruce (RL)
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.
http://forum.reallusion.com

Post #184645
Posted 4/23/2014 6:19:33 AM

Tutor

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 4:07:53 PM
Dynamic smoothing depended from camera distance is GREAT feature!!!
And, as I can see, such subdividing has no effect on original texture layout (UV) -- it's very important for correct visualization!
Looking forward to see how tessellation will be realized. Hope it'll be be-directional as standard displacement (positive and negative) and compatible with displacement maps generated in 3D sculpting applications.

Vit

Post #184646
Posted 4/23/2014 7:40:32 AM
Veteran

VeteranVeteranVeteranVeteranVeteranVeteranVeteranVeteran

Last Login: Today @ 2:30:50 AM
Hi Bruce , Hi Peter !

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo Nice to see the work in progress of Iclone 6!!!!!!
Thank you! My money is just waiting you !

Marc
Post #184647
Posted 4/23/2014 7:49:50 AM

Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.icloneSkype ID= learn.icloneSkype ID= learn.icloneSkype ID= learn.icloneSkype ID= learn.icloneSkype ID= learn.icloneSkype ID= learn.icloneSkype ID= learn.iclone

Last Login: 8/21/2014 2:19:32 AM

Real-time surface smoothing is being developed exclusively by Reallusion as our proprietary technology. It enhances the appearance of scene objects without sacrificing system performance.

Just a few questions that come to mind:

Is the load displacement map displayed at approx 1:10 in the clip going to be a GUI interface option to adjust the load on the GPU, or is it just a working guide of the increased load?

Excellent option, but will the increased scales of the smoothing remain with the item on using them inside 3dXchange transfers for uses such as morphs?

Will the increased tessellation increase rendering time?

What affect will the increase to appearance have on soft body physics?

Can the increased smoothing be used as a permanent option preset, or will every scene/project require enhancements?

Once the items "appear" smooth, would the possibility to save the item at a particular level be available, so that each and every time it is used it would not have to be repeated in subsequent projects?

SKYPE ID: rc.650

" I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), but I can't remember when I lost it! "
Post #184648
Posted 4/23/2014 8:09:17 AM

Tutor

Last Login: Today @ 4:07:53 PM
Hi Cricky,
I can expect that this smoothing based on some DirectX 11 build-in features (functions).
In this case, there is no permanent model subdividing; model dynamically subdivided as pre-processing before final visualization. -- All motions applied on the original model and in each frame the result dynamically subdivided depending from distance to camera and then rendered (visualized).

But it'll be useful to have possibility to export subdivided model using 3DX6. First of all it will help to create more correct displacement maps for "tessellation with displacement" feature.

Vit

Post #184650
Posted 4/23/2014 8:36:13 AM

Tutor

Last Login: Today @ 12:20:57 PM
Well... I haven't a clue what's going on "under-the-hood" BUT I LOVE IT!!!!!

more, More, MORE!!!!

PROMO-BACK2
Click to go to my YouTube Channel

Post #184653
Posted 4/23/2014 8:43:30 AM

Tutor

Last Login: Today @ 3:45:08 PM
Kudos to Reallusion for iC6 Development WIP presentations

I'll leave the Smoothing technobabble to the Forum Experts.  

Is this related in anyway to 3DXChange SKP Model Smoothing?

Does it replace it?

Will certainly be a great asset to us Storyline Editors for whom Object Close-ups have uneven surfaces, irrespective of the number of Prop Smoothing Passes in 3DXChange.

Looks like iC6 retains the current GUI - Good. Albeit Customisable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECT 8 "KIDNAPPED" AWARDS CEREMONY:

http://www.pinheadhq.com/GPAs/gpa_Kidnapped.php

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit www.pinheadhq.com , to read about Pinhead's exploits & view his Clips. Join-in the Projects &/or Submit a "Fun" Clip, having fun yourself.

System Specs:

Quad Core i7 960 3.20 GHz HT CPU (8Threads) on Asus P6X58D-E MOBO. 6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 Triple Channel 1600MHz RAM, AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB Video Card, 2 X Western Digital Caviar Black 7,200rpm 6GBs 500GB internal HDDs & 1 X 500Gb Seagate FreeAgent externalHDD for system Backups

Post #184654
Posted 4/23/2014 8:58:41 AM

Tutor

Last Login: Today @ 7:57:40 PM
colour (4/23/2014)

Is this related in anyway to 3DXChange SKP Model Smoothing?

Does it replace it?

I'm not an iClone developer, but I feel confident in saying "No" to both questions.

I believe this is a "GPU trick," for lack of a better non-technical term.  It doesn't affect the actual polygons in the actual model.

It would like if you had a 20-sided "circle," and you look at it and say, "Oh, that looks like it shoul be a circle."

Then it also has to be smart, so your octogon Stop Sign prop doesn't turn into a circle.  That's part of what is magical to me.

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

iClone5 Pro and 3DXchange Pro

Homebuilt computer - Windows 7, i7-3770k CPU (8 threads, not overclocked), 16GB 1600 MHz RAM, 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, Asus P8Z77-V Pro motherboard, dual 28" monitors, and terabytes of disk space

Post #184655
Posted 4/23/2014 9:02:49 AM

Tutor

Last Login: Today @ 7:57:40 PM
Great job, Reallusion.

Looking good! 

Thank you for the preview.  Do we really have to wait a whole month until the next one?

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

iClone5 Pro and 3DXchange Pro

Homebuilt computer - Windows 7, i7-3770k CPU (8 threads, not overclocked), 16GB 1600 MHz RAM, 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, Asus P8Z77-V Pro motherboard, dual 28" monitors, and terabytes of disk space

Post #184656
Posted 4/23/2014 9:11:19 AM

Tutor

Last Login: Today @ 4:11:05 PM
justaviking (4/23/2014)
Great job, Reallusion.

Looking good! 

Thank you for the preview.  Do we really have to wait a whole month until the next one?

During the month of waiting you can give your undivided attention to the Pinhead project.

@Bruce and the rest at RL R&D.

Thank you for the info. This is looking very good.

Gerry

Post #184658
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12345>>>

Reading This TopicExpand / Collapse
Active Users: 2 (2 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Visconti, Peter (RL), Bruce (RL)

PermissionsExpand / Collapse

All times are GMT, Time now is 9:21pm