Profile Picture

migrating to a new Mac, can I move my CT projects?

Posted By Anonymous 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Anonymous
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I bought a new Mac and "migrated" my old user/programs to it. in OSX terms that means I hooked up the new computer to the old one and all my data is transferred to the new computer, web-bookmarks, user data, programs, saved files, etc.

Many of the programs transferred along with their serial numbers and preferences, so they "just worked" on the new computer, but CrazyTalk is one of the programs that didn't transfer correctly, in fact after opening it once I couldn't get past the startup box (check for updates) it then refused to open at all (possibly to copyprotect itself, or possibly because some components did not transfer correctly).... Long story short, I had to un-install CT on the new computer and reinstall it from scratch.... Ok, that is fine, and no problems downloading fresh from Reallusion.

But I had many projects saved internally on CT. Is there a way to transfer them to the new computer? The old system still works, I haven't repurposed that computer yet. Is there an easier option than exporting each project individually? *CAN* I export a project if I don't have the reference image anymore?

Thanks!

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
All you need to is copy the project files (.ct7project) over to the new computer. You can do this via network connection or by copying them to a USB Flash Drive. You won't need the original source image as the project contains all the data required.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
and if you used any videos embedded in any project, make sure you label the directories same as the old computer - else your project will say file missing, because the project file doesn't pack video files.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
planetstardragon (4/14/2014)
and if you used any videos embedded in any project, make sure you label the directories same as the old computer - else your project will say file missing, because the project file doesn't pack video files.

This is not really applicable for CrazyTalk 7 as it doesn't use external videos but certainly good advice for iClone users.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic