Profile Picture

mp4 files are corrupted

Posted By info_20140414081734655 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
info_20140414081734655
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (196 reputation)Junior Member (196 reputation)Junior Member (196 reputation)Junior Member (196 reputation)Junior Member (196 reputation)Junior Member (196 reputation)Junior Member (196 reputation)Junior Member (196 reputation)Junior Member (196 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Hi there

I have been running to a problem. I am trying to upload my video to my website. Everytime I upload it, it gets corrupted.

1. Ftp - FileZilla, file is corrupted
2. Wordpress, Media manager, File is corrupted
3. One.com server file manager, Corrupted
4. youtube, SUCCESFUL

Format: mp4
Quality: 8
Audio: 7
Frame Size:iPone

Could you please tell me why this happening? I really need to get this working.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
strange, the first thing that came to mind, is that your video player may be suspect.

seems the one different thing between all the sites is that youtube has it's own player

info_20140414081734655
info_20140414081734655
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (196 reputation)Junior Member (196 reputation)Junior Member (196 reputation)Junior Member (196 reputation)Junior Member (196 reputation)Junior Member (196 reputation)Junior Member (196 reputation)Junior Member (196 reputation)Junior Member (196 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
hi PlaneStar Dragon

What do mean video player may be suspect?

I am so urgent to get this sorted. First I thought it was a Worpress theme problem, then a server problem. I now believe it has something to do with my crazytalk.

The mp4 coversion works well.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

it is a strange issue - I was simply looking at the list and trying to figure out what was different about them , the first thing that came to mind was that youtube has it's own player.

Things I would try ....

try converting it to mp4 again with http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/ perhaps the mp4 format / settings issued by ct are not agreeing with the other sites ? - where as youtube always does it's own little auto-convert thing.

try exporting another compressed format...such as compressed avi ...

...if the video is working fine in one site, but not the others, then it's a compatibility issue and only the youtube player is upto date with the codecs needed to decode the files.. from there you have to hone in on what may be incompatible ....so for example, if website b is causing your system to use your quicktime viewer in a non youtube site, then your quicktime may not be upto date with the codecs -

I'm simply trying to look for a reasonable logic that can cause an issue like this.

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
Rykie Milky
Rykie Milky
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thanks, I will have a look at my quicktime and send you a reply.
Rykie Milky
Rykie Milky
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)

I have just checked my quicktime and it is up to date.

I even manage to play the files i uploaded to my website in the quicktime player.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

next 2 thoughts are what video players are the non youtube sites invoking....quicktime is just one player invoked by the net - and not necessarily the player that your browser is linked to use.
and maybe trying a different format for the other sites.

the only thing I can think of at the moment is youtube using it's player - and the other sites using another that is incompatible - I get this corruption error with windows all the time, when I try to watch a file I don't have a codec for.

Just because the error says "corrupted" doesn't necessarily mean it's corrupted, it could easily mean "I don't have the codec for that" - if the file was corrupted then youtube wouldn't be able to use it. So we have to find out who and what specifically is causing this message and missing the codec for it. Then from there either obtain the missing codec, or change the player if the codec is not part of it's database, or change the format for those particular non youtube sites.

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
Rykie Milky
Rykie Milky
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Planetstardragon, you are a champ!

I followed your advice and downloaded the video convertor.

I Imported the crazytalk video and reconverted it in anyvideo. I then uploaded my file to my website and like magic, it plays.

My only conclusion, there is something wrong with crazytalk 7.3.

Thank you so much you really saved my day.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

my pleasure - it's really just that mp4's can have a lot of variables - the mp4 that crazy talk generates is actually a very high quality - if you notice, the file size of the converted version is much smaller than the original ct file.

Glad it's all sorted out, Cheers!! BigGrin

Reading This Topic