I have a idea

Posted By bluemidget666 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
It's a simple idea, would any one be interested in developing a "Iclone After dark forum". Where adults talk about issues that can not be freely talked about in the RL forum?

We would have to set a set of rules, of what is and is not allowed..

Is this a stupid idea or something you might he interested in.

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
you could always create an annex, and if a controversial topic starts here , we can request to have it moved over there. Otherwise, I'm not sure if there's a big enough demand at the moment for 'adult topics" - being that the nature of our discussions here are predominately learning to use the software.

I'm still trying to figure out how to start a movie production team myself!! - Hollywood awaits!! Cool

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

I'm not really saying adult, just move the topics that get heated to a area where people reading them know it's off topic, or just not the RL point of view.

Really just a area for the topics that can get heated.

A area where people do no not get annoyed at the way the talk is going.

I became aware that the last heated debate annoyed Iclone users, but these debates do happen, it would be nice to have a area where they can happen without disrupting the forum.

That's my thinking.

Edited
10 Years Ago by bluemidget666
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

wouldn't mix - threads would be getting deleted left and right.

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yeah , that's why I thought, if there's a call for it taking it out of the RL COMMUNITY and setting up another.

The thing is, I think the recent Armstong argument, damaged the forum rather than made it stronger, I personally think it was one of the firs films made in Iclone that promoted such a debate. But also got the feeling other forum. Members could have done without it.

My idea is to may be develop a area where such debate could happen but still with rules , so it's not a free for all slanging match.

But it may be that we just need to develop a area in this community that can hold these kind of topics without annoying other users

As far as I can see Armstrongs film as been totally removed, now I had issues with it but. Feel it should have a right to shown

Edited
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

that's also the nature of art though bro, how many exhibits have gained notoriety for what some consider blasphemous, controversial or risque ?

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I totally agree with you, but unless you write a three page essay on you intent and meaning in the forum, your true meaning gets lost. We lose our message because we become scared of expressing our message incase it it misread.

And all to often it is miss read.

A conversation that would be easily understood over a pint in a pub, becomes six pages of argument n the forum.

There has to be a way to by pass this stuff.

I'm five years in n still trying to find the best way to communicate to people.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

strangely enough, the best way to communicate to people is to listen - a skill I'm still learning to develop myself. I think the beatles were on to something when they said "Let it be" lol

when someone really wants to do something.....they will. Talking about it, is great for planning, but some people really don't want to plan. The impression I got from Armstrong was that he was simply expressing himself. Thus the nature of his particular piece was more of an artistic expression - with a message attached. not so much a focused public service announcement but more of how he would like to see the worlds problems easily fixed.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." - Reinhold Niebuhr

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

BigGrinSmile when I said I had a idea, I should have said my computer is packed away in a box under 20 other boxes so I have nothing to do and my home made elderflower wine is ready to drink, and that I under estimated it's strength, then I had the idea. Ermm

Edited
DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
bluemidget666 (4/11/2014)
(A) ...//...I think the recent Armstong argument, damaged the forum rather than made it stronger, I personally think it was one of the firs films made in Iclone that promoted such a debate. ...//...

(B) ...//... so it's not a free for all slanging match. ...//...

(C) ...//... As far as I can see Armstrongs film as been totally removed, now I had issues with it but Feel it should have a right to shown...//...

(A) Get your facts correct.  There was no "ARMSTRONG ARGMENT".  I made a film about Children and Drug Abuse. Displaying anti-drugs to Children  can only make Reallusion appear socially viable and commendable.
All you did was damage yourself. Your defence came across as a user declaring "Drugs don't harm anyone." to childrens eyes in a family forum.
I made a film warning children from taking any drugs or any drug talk from those who abuse it.
The slagging I think you mean, because slang isn't abuse, came from you and those who defended drug use by attacking the statistics of the USA and UK. 

(B) The only slagging off came from those who thought they had grounds to defend children in the presence of drugs and who fought like hell to make cannabis, hashish, pot, joints, whatever, sound as if they are mild and nothing to worry about. Immoral.

Drugs were promoted to little children, by the majority of that threads posters, as being safe and NOT as frightening or as damaging as national statistics state because they take them???
The sick minded approach in here pushed drugs back into young childrens laps.

(C) I've already had the local police psychologists report here regarding the defenses and attitudes of "users" and the reports display corroborative evidence and strengthen the motivation for making such a movie but if "The Movie" has been removed that I finalised, there are now three more so you have a lot of chase work to do but they're sincerely credited to the input from the Reallusion Forum. 

To further this, the schools that it was sent to (4) have already replied. The request for other films including but not limited to are...
Children and Drugs - What will happen if I mix them with drink?
Child Abuse - Where can you turn. (Help Line oriented.)
Battered Wives - 3 ways to escape.
Drug Addiction - How to reposes your life.

Dear Mr. Armstrong,

I write concerning the very disturbing video you issued.  We felt this was a strong current area of concern and therefore set its viewing to  6yr olds and above giving it a trial to two classes just before final break.
The difficulty that has arisen seems to be parental abuse rather than child abuse ...//... (omitted content)  and while this sounds like a superior outcome the abuse is carried out in the company of the children while they are in the room. 

This we found horrifying.
I wonder, if you ever consider reattempting this message with animation, that you could suggest what a child should do when their parents or peers start smoking or, as appears worse, injecting themselves.

Cigarettes only now have been understood to cause child cancers that grew in place from 1960 onwards. I think we all agree that cannabis is simply the first step to other chemical abuse and ...//... (omitted content)  children are being used as an unreaped financial arena that grows younger every day.
Our problem is two fold because we have to keep up with the drugs on offer and in circulation so that we can warn accordingly.

...//... (omitted content) your idea for discussion became very heated as, while some pupils stated they had no knowledge at all of any drug, some said their parents smoked cannabis heavily in their presence and became the target for instant verbal abuse and attack by those who denied or admitted non involvement. The ferocity of the defence, we are convinced, comes from the degree of denial even at this tender age that their parents are suicidally destroying their lives and bodies aside from the childrens' they are supposed to be bringing up. ...//... (omitted content) 

I am very keen to meet up with you to further discuss how this technology could be displayed in smaller questionnaire styled packets on our website. ...//... (omitted content) ...//...

I have a meeting next week and it also looks like a County newspaper will be involved which I'll post here you to read.
If you keep on pumping out that drugs are nothing to be scared of I will have no choice but to make an example of forums like this and others like it who determinedly fight to defend immoral and illegal drug associated practices in the name of  "incorrect statistical reports" and instead claim safety from drug abuse rather than harm.

The Child Video never ever was aimed at you, other members  or statistics. It was aimed at little children under the influence of sub-intelligent individuals pushing drugs.

The video never was aimed at deterring you or adults from taking the drugs they are. 
It was aimed at little children informing them of the permanent physical and lasting mental psychosis  brain warping chemical abuse results in.

If just for ten seconds you could jump out of the "He's attacking me for being a low grade citizen" and see the "Yes, children who are free of "addiction and drugs" is a good thing' element you might redeem your self respect and speak relevantly in future. 

Now rate this topic one star like the last one.

One more point. My name is Neil Armstrong. I am a commercial artist and I have nothing to be ashamed of and nothing to hide from and stand by my words and work.
Which is why I don't need to hide behind a bloody silly little nickname throwing stones from behind walls.  

Edited
10 Years Ago by Armstrong

Reading This Topic