Project doesn't open

Posted By Tapani 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Tapani
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hi folks, there is a specific project which won't open. It's quite large project. iClone 32/64 have same problems. Tries to open a few minutes, not succeeding.
Finally "iClone reminder" "Free Disk Space on Disk C is insufficient. iClone may not run smoothly".

I increased cache memory up to 20000Mb. On disk the free space is about 300Gb. RAM 8Gb - laptop.

Finally iClone will be closed.

Thanks,

Tapani

"Everything you dream is in your head, give some heat to your heart to improve it" Cool

https://www.youtube.com/user/bluejamribbon
Edited
10 Years Ago by Tapani
colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Here's a very quick temporary Reply:

1) If you have Pixel Shading Enabled before you Open your Project, Select Quick Shading.

Pixel Shading can add an extra 10% iClone SRAM usage.

2) Check your HDD for Fragmentation & Defragment if necessary. Windows Defragmenter isn't much cop. So Defragment anyway, even if Widows states that it doesn't need to be..

3) Delete iClone Temporary File.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tapani
Tapani
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Thank you Colour, I will test it!

"Everything you dream is in your head, give some heat to your heart to improve it" Cool

Tapani
Tapani
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you Colour Smile switching to Quick shading did work. The project size was about 600 Mb, I had to remove objects, after that Pixel shading worked ok but quite slow.

There is no mention what is the disk space which was used and prevented the use of this project. Cache / disk-memory / what else? There is a lot of free disk-space in my computer.

Colour - mentioned somthing about iClone temp-file. I did search it, what is the name of the file and is it ok to delete the file?

Tapani

Edited
10 Years Ago by Tapani
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Tapani (4/11/2014)

Finally "iClone reminder" "Free Disk Space on Disk C is insufficient. iClone may not run smoothly".

I increased cache memory up to 20000Mb. On disk the free space is about 300Gb. RAM 8Gb - laptop.

Finally iClone will be closed.

That message is so funny ! It was pointed out a year back. I am surprised that message still pops up !
colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
"Tapani (4/14/2014)
Thank you Colour Smile switching to Quick shading did work. The project size was about 600 Mb, I had to remove objects, after that Pixel shading worked ok but quite slow.

There is no mention what is the disk space which was used and prevented the use of this project. Cache / disk-memory / what else? There is a lot of free disk-space in my computer.

Colour - mentioned somthing about iClone temp-file. I did search it, what is the name of the file and is it ok to delete the file?

Tapani"

See my screenshot for iClone TEMP Folder File Path.

1) Substitute Peter for your PC's Name. Mine is Peter.

2) APP DATA is a "Hidden" Folder, You need to "Unhide" it in Folder Options.

3) iClone TEMP Folder doesn't show in my Screenshot, because the Folder is automatically Deleted each time I run my File Clean-up Program. However, you'll see a couple of iClone  Project TEMP Files included since the Folder was Deleted. Which suggests to me that iClone doesn't automatically create a New TEMP Folder. It should. So just Delete the File contained in the Folder. Not the Folder. Those 2 Files in my Screenshot will be automatically Deleted next time I Run the File Clean-up Program. TEMP Files, especially Windows, can build-up, affecting Video Editing, per se.

BTW - You can select a Custom iClone TEMP Folder Directory other than iClone's Default, by browsing to that Directory via iClone Program's Options Pop-up. Where you can easily keep an eye on it.

Screenshot:

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

Tapani
Tapani
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you a lot!

Reading This Topic