44 Gun Frigate- HMS Mithril

Posted By Peter Blood 10 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
martok2112
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
She's a beaut! Smile

"Incompetence will always prevail so long as evil men stand by and do nothing."
-Martok2112

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Aye, she's a fine one, she is.

Looking forward to seeing her sails full of a see breeze.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hi Guys: Smile

I got a little time this week to hammer some wood on the frigate. I dismasted her for ease of working and have added gunport trim and railings for the gangways.  The hull below the main deck is nowhere near thick enough so I added the trim to build the illusion of a thick hull, (ladders yet to go). Rolleyes

I also advanced the stern design by adding the gallery with windows for the captains cabin and I dolled up the name plate a little. Hehe

Lastly I holystoned the decks to the proper color. Next is adding ladders to the focs'l and poop and cabin doors.

I think the real challenge is still coming up with the bow. Wink

Rampa: The 'stays' which hold the masts in place were kept pretty taut so maybe no need for physics there but the 'braces', which the sailors used to trim the sails into the best position, would look great if they had physics. Something new to learn. w00t

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee

Edited
10 Years Ago by peterblood
Popeye
Popeye
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Looks a nice prop. Good Job! w00t

Click on the link below to visit my marketplace
http://city.reallusion.com/store/popeye

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/740bb8f0-5980-4577-ba69-295d.png

Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

I think I'm starting to max out iclone on this project so I thought I'd show you guys where the frigate stands now. I've put quite a bit of work into her this week and if I can get sails on her, she'll be ready to launch.

I did what rigging was necessary to give the illusion of a fully rigged ship. Smile This isn't 1/10th of the ropes and tackle needed to operate one of these weapons.

From the bow, all guns run-out, ready to fire. "Calm men, stay calm. wait for the signal."

Mithrils figurehead...a blood elf for those of you who have quested the lands of Azgalor.

From the stern showing the gallery and lanterns.

And a shot of the deck. I'll, no doubt, still add small details up to the moment iclone screams STOP! but this is a pretty fair model of a 44-gun Razee. Not historically perfect, but a decent representation.

Cool pete

Edited
mark
mark
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
WOW!!! We're going to need a bigger bottle!!!!!TongueTongueTongueTongue

That looks awesome!!!!

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Wow, that's fantastic work, Pete.

Very beautiful.  I can almost feel the wind in my hair.  I'd love to spend a day on her (as a special guest of course, not as deck-swabbing crew member).

mark (5/18/2014)
WOW!!! We're going to need a bigger bottle!!!!!

Smile

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Viking: Smile

Avast swabbing there mate, you and Mark are always welcome to stand tall on the quarterdeck. BigGrin I'll pipe you both on board immediately as you can never have enough good officers to handle a lubberly crew. Wink

It might be humorous to put out a model kit for this...

1 hull, 1 figurehead, 1 ships bell, a cube, a sphere, a cylinder, a capsule, an arc, and a torus. No instructions... Just assemble and paint.  Piece of cake, right? Tongue

Cool pete

Edited
Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Guys: Smile

Thought I'd give you an update on the Frigate model. I've got the sails on her so she can put to sea as soon as I can 'press' a crew. I have the Captain and Lieutenants uniforms and the marines but I'll need to make some guys in seaman and master mate attire. Anyway here's how she's lookin'.

I used Rampa's awesome vine prop for the Anchor hauser and also for the ropes securing the anchor to the cathead and to the side of the ship.

Also added gunports so we can keep the sea from entering the ship. Smile

There's still more work to do but I'm going to try and put her in an ocean setting next and see if I can get a worthwhile action shot. w00t Although with my level of ability Doze I would  be somewhat surprised if I could pull it off.

Hope ya like her BigGrin

Cool pete

Edited
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
Aaaarghhhh.........BigGrin

Reading This Topic