"Pinned" topics not for comments?

Posted By jann 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jann
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Is it prohibited to comment on pinned topics? I noticed there was a link to some old material ("...the most complete policy statement") in a topic - posted and pinned back in 2007 - and made a comment on that. Now my comment seems removed!?

I understand it can be annoying when people point out errors and interfere in things, but i just try to help to clean up, as it is quite difficult to navigate through all this information in the forum and try to spot the most current stuff.
colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I agree with you.

A well-maintained & easily-navigable Forum is part of the Product, IMO.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Jann, I saw you made a comment to a pinned thread and it is still there.

So in general you can make comments to any threads, unless the forum administrator has locked it, which is their prerogative.

On the other hand, if it is an old thread, it would usually not make sense to comment. The threads are useful for historical purposes, but I don't think you can expect those threads to be monitored and updated.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
BTW, every time I see the title of this thread, I read "Pinhead"...w00t...not "Pinned"...Doze I wonder why??? Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
animagic (4/10/2014)
BTW, every time I see the title of this thread, I read "Pinhead"...w00t...not "Pinned"...Doze

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with that affliction. Crazy

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

jann
jann
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
animagic (4/10/2014)
Jann, I saw you made a comment to a pinned thread and it is still there.

So in general you can make comments to any threads, unless the forumadministrator has locked it, which is their prerogative.

On the other hand, if it is an old thread, it would usually not make sense to comment. The threads are useful for historical purposes, but I don't think you can expect those threads to be monitored and updated.

It's gone. It was about the End User License Agreement, where the link seems to go to an outdated version. Well, i will try not to interfere in these in the future. It's not really my business (other than those cases that affects me directly), and i have already learned that current information isn't prioritized here Ermm

But fortunately i can meet lot of active, helpful and friendly users here in the forum, so it's a great place anyway Smile

Reading This Topic