Profile Picture

Looking for best approach

Posted By patrick.roza 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
patrick.roza
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Looking for suggestions on the following.

I want to take an OBJ model without rig and set it up for import into IClone 5 Pro. The OBJ character is a minion that currently is one object (not divided into groups or parts.) My modeling tool of choice is Carrara Pro 8.5 if I need to make geometric adjustments and/or morphs. I also have 3d Xchange 5 Pro to assist and/or Daz Studio 4.6. I have Blender but find it difficult to work with.

What to be able to use as many of the animation tools in IClone as possible.

Looking for any suggested workflows and or ideas to approach this.

Thanks to all who can help
Emerald Animation...
Emerald Animation...
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Without a rig, the only thing I can think of is the prop morphing capabilities of 3DXChange 5. Check the online manual, under Pipelines > Converting Non-Standard Characters > Using Dummy Bones.

You will need to get a dummy bone rig -- I was able to get one by pulling a character off of Turbosquid and stripping away the extraneous bits. I'm glad to share it with you.

If you can post a pic of the minion, I may be able to offer other suggestions.

Reading This Topic