How to post YouTube video on forum?

Posted By kactds 10 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
kactds
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hi -

Trying to figure out how to have a YouTube video play in a forum posting.

I researched InstantForum.net and was under the impression that one just had to list the following in the topic:

However, the link only shows and not the YouTube player.

Thanking all in advance for any assistance with this issue.

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Three steps:
  1. In YouTube, right-click on the video and select "Copy embed code."
  2. When editing you post, click the "HTML" button (just above Post Reply and Spell Check)
  3. Find the right place, and Paste in the link

Now you can go back to "Design" if you want to do more regular editing.

That will make the playable, visible YouTube video appear in your post.

If all you really want is the link, then simply use a normal shortcut (URL) instead of the "embed code" link.

I HAVE A RELATED QUESTION I WAS THINKING ABOUT ASKING ANYWAY...

How to you post in a LINK that opens in a DIFFERENT WINDOW (or tab), instead of opening in the same iClone forum window/tab where you're reading your post?

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
10 Years Ago by justaviking
colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
1) Copy the Youtube Embed Code.

2) Enter Text into your Post

3) Select the HTML Icon

4) Paste the Youtube Embed Code

5) Post Reply or whatever.

ADDED - Viking & I Posting @ same time. Simple minds think alike Wink

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited
10 Years Ago by colour
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

colour (4/2/2014)

ADDED - Viking & I Posting @ same time. Simple minds think alike Wink

Indeed.  I won this time.  Tongue

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

kactds
kactds
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago

thanks much for your help with my question.

Now justaviking, I'm gonna answer your question:

to have a video play in a new tab, just use the IFCode Shortcut url like so

http://tmediacomm.net

easy does it Smile
Edited
10 Years Ago by kactds
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

kactds (4/3/2014)

thanks much for your help with my question.

Now justaviking, I'm gonna answer your question:

to have a video play in a new tab, just use the IFCode Shortcut url like so

http://tmediacomm.net

Thanks.  I always figured it was something rather easy.  As you could probably guess, I usually use the magic "Insert Hyperlink"  button to create my links.

I know you can add HTML tags to open in the same or a new window, (Window=0 ??? Or something like that) but was one of those things that was just idle curiosity now and then, but not really worth researching.

I didn't think about the IFCodes being different from the buttons up above.  But now that I look, I see, for example, the Italics button inserts "EM" (for "emphasis") rather than an "i" (for italics) code.  And the "Bold Text" button inserts a "STRONG" code.  Gee, I guess that's why they have both the buttons and the IFCode shortcuts available to us.

Interesting.  I guess I learned something today, and it's still morning.  Smile

Thanks again for the answer.

Reading This Topic