Profile Picture

Cornucopia, Quadspinner, ESRI & Vue. I dont know if this is allowed or not but generally it's...

Posted By DELETED2 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Cornucopia, Quadspinner, ESRI & Vue. I dont know if this is allowed or...

Author
DELETED2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
My interest is with QuadSpinners Helios, a cloud plugin. What technology is this and is it compatible with or can it be made compatible wioth iClone is the big question?

Stay in Touch: 
If this newsletter doesn't appear correctly, please visit
www.e-onsoftware.com/news/?page=newsletter

E-on Software News

Dear Neil,

Exciting news in this letter: Plant Factory Nursery, Helios Released, ESRI and E-on 3D Vegetation Technology Partnership, VUE in BBC Winter Olympics ad, Save 25% on the VUE Architectural Bundles, and more...

Cornucopia3D Opens the Plant Factory Nursery

Following the release of Plant Factory, our breakthrough plant creation technology, many artists have joined the Cornucopia3D Brokering program to share and sell their Plant Factory content.

Cornucopia3D is happy to introduce the Plant Factory Nursery! The Nursery provides direct access to all Plant Factory content, free or paid for; it is accessible from: tpf.cornucopia3d.com.

The Plant Factory Nursery currently includes over 100 plant species. Each plant specie will create numerous variations automatically, and plants are fully animated (wind and breeze) and include automatic age and health settings for the most part. The list of content is growing rapidly, so keep an eye on it! If you have specific requests, be sure to voice them on the Cornucopia3D store forums.

>> More information about the Plant Factory technology is available at: www.plantfactory-tech.com.

>> Visit Cornucopia3D at: www.cornucopia3d.com.

QuadSpinner Releases Helios Plug-in for VUE

Our friends at QuadSpinner have released Helios, a cloud plugin for VUE.

It extends the capabilities of VUE's cloud system, provides a large library of realistic clouds, and adds helpful tools to VUE: SkyBuilder, Cloud Conversion, new render passes, and more.

We're happy to see VUE's extensibility used in such creative ways.

>> Visit www.quadspinner.com to see Helios in action.

ESRI and E-on 3D Vegetation Technology Partnership

We are pleased to announce that we have reached a technology agreement with Esri to add 3D vegetation inside Esri products. Under the terms of the agreement, Esri incorporated a custom-developed Plant Factory library of plants and trees in its 3D products.

The Esri 3D Vegetation Library delivers high-performance, realistic plant models for use in Esri CityEngine, ArcGIS for Desktop, and 3D web scenes on ArcGIS Online. The Esri 3D Vegetation Library is also compatible with LumenRT Immersive Visualization solution, allowing seamless export of CityEngine scenes and plants directly into LumenRT.

To download the library, explore interactive WebGL scenes, or watch the stunning LumenRT videos, visit Esri 3D Vegetation Library and lumenrt.com/showcase/GeoDesign.

>> Read the Press Release here.

VUE in BBC Winter Olympics' Nature

Platige Image was recently commissioned by BBC Sports to produce several jaw-dropping TV spots to build audience's awareness and excitement ahead of the BBC's coverage of the 2014 Winter Olympics.

Pitch: Human vs nature. A primeval desire to prove oneself, challenge the nature, to win and go down in history for future generations. The idea behind the visual look of the spot was to show the struggle every Sportsman must face during the biggest and most important sport event, The Olympic Games.

>> Get a sneak peek behind the scenes!

>> Full Making-of

Save 25% on the VUE Architectural Bundles

Transform your Sketchup models into high fidelity imagery surrounded with stunning Digital Nature scenery. Render with photo-realistic quality and extensive Digital Nature features such as EcoSystems™, detailed terrains, and ultra realistic 3D clouds, skies and atmospheres. Export your Sketchup models into VUE with one button simplicity using the included Sketchup VUE Exporter plug-in.

>> Get VUE Complete Architectural Bundle for $485 only!*

>> Get VUE Studio Architectural Bundle for $335 only!*

Learn more on the VUE Architectural Bundles at www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_archi/

*Special offer ends on April 7, 2014.

This newsletter was sent to you as a registered user of e-on software products. If you do not wish to receive this newsletter, please click here to unsubscribe.

Edited
10 Years Ago by Armstrong
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
at a cost possibly some of it
nothing from Cornucopia us cheap and most locked to the program and worse still your computer so new computer new license.
I have the free vesion of the plant editor but am not even allowed to use that in renders!
paid one I could.
no sharing of created trees except on cornucopia store and I think it costs a grand or so so Xfrog or something else better is just as viable and less restrictive.
Vue itself requires several modules to be of any use.

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Hi Wendy... It is interesting but, yes, the prices are sort of prohibitive.

To me the "Stack it high sell it cheap(er)" philosophy works. Maybe this is a corporate issue.
I summed up the software I'd like to use including 3DXChange and the total came to about $1,800:00.
I don't even think Father Christmas can help me there. Tongue

Grimhilda
Grimhilda
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Hi Armstrong,

First of all, a great fault of mine is not logging on to pay tribute to the many wonderful works displayed on the Reallusion forums.  So, while I'm contributing to this thread, I'd like to say how much I've appreciated your creative output.  Had I not already bought iclone, some of your videos would have been enough for me to make up my mind to do so. 

Anyway here's the point: did you notice that iclone4 pro and 3dXchange4 pro are being given free with 3dArtist magazine this month?

I know you don't need iclone but even the older 3dXchange would give you access to all sorts of free stuff.  And if you were looking at modelling in an external package you could import your own objects.  Just a thought. 

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Grimhilda (3/26/2014)
Hi Armstrong, ...//...  (1) I'd like to say how much I've appreciated your creative output.  Had I not already bought iclone, some of your videos would have been enough for me to make up my mind to do so. 

(2) ...//... Did you notice that iclone4 pro and 3dXchange4 pro are being given free with 3dArtist magazine this month? ...//... even the older 3dXchange would give you access to all sorts of free stuff.  And if you were looking at modelling in an external package you could import your own objects.  Just a thought. 

1. Well, this is a constant drive of mine in any arena be it 2D flash script and animation with SwishMax of olde (which has died for me now because it's a dinosaur Crying ) or iClone. I bought iClone because I came into this forum and looked around. What I saw, but mostly what I read, prompted me to buy.

If I'd read some of the derogatives that've happened since I would have walked away f rom Reallusion. If 1 customer does this theyre representative of 2000. In data-mined accumulative figure analysis.
Help sell iClone, your work tool, keep prices down. This should be the singularity in loyalty drives for everyone who uses iClone in a commercial vein.

2. THIS is good news. I struggle to find money for avatars so this is exciting because it gives me a field to learn in. I'm kind of new to practical work modelling. Half of that time is deciphering what the hell Swoooop says, Tongue  I have a cray computer that's fairly good and my girlfriends martian so we get by... but 3DXChange even an earlier version is new ground for me. Thanks for this. Tongue

Armstrong.

Grimhilda
Grimhilda
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Hi Armstrong,

Very glad that this is welcome news.  I had a quick look at my magazine copy - it's issue 65.  Then I noticed the serial number expires at end of August this year.  I don't know if that is to give time for buyers worldwide to obtain the magazine or whether the serial is only good until then.  I hope and expect it to be the former.

Another suggestion, if I may.  Have you tried out Sculptris for mesh sculpting?  I think everyone who tries it gets results to be pleased with in their first couple of hours.  You could create boulders, for example, of any shape - a grotto perhaps.  The polygon count could be extremely high in such an example but that can be avoided.  (Or else you enter swoooop territory).

Sculptris is free from the makers of zbrush.  From memory www.pixologic.com

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
My 2 cents....

All Vue product are for Broadcast production , it could be usefull to build one frame for matte painting set but if you want to make HD animation ...mmmmhh.... with a very speed cpu with 32G of ram ,each frame will take 30 min to render an outside scene....so , a 15 sec HD fly shot will make.... 225 h!!! more than 9 days with one machine... Wink

I bought Plantfactory and it works very well in Iclone in realtime it you figure low polymesh.

By the way , is the free 3dxchange pro 4 the 4.0 version ?

Thank you for your answer

Marc

Grimhilda
Grimhilda
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Mtakerart

I took a look at the magazine disc and it unzips to an exe file created on 20th Jan 2014 so I suppose if there were updates this will be the latest.  It says 3dXchange 4 Pro and will import 3DS, obj, skp and fbx files.

I also took a look at Plant Factory.  Did you buy the $99 version?  If not, is that version OK for Iclone?

Thanks.

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Grimhilda ,

As swooop said , it is very important for me that it is the 4.0 version of 3dxchange because it is
the only version wich you can import fbx facial bones animation , not the 4.1 and higher , reallusion disabled this feature....

My version of Planfactory is the Studio version but I bought it at 395 $ when it was a beta release. I suggest every time people to buy beta version to benefit pro feature... but sometimes
you can wait some years and tools are free , today I see that Autodesk release Toxik and MatchMover for free.....

http://www.cgchannel.com/2014/03/autodesk-to-release-toxik-and-matchmover-for-free/
Grimhilda
Grimhilda
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ah! I see why you need to know the specific version.  Unfortunately it looks like it will be the later one, judging by the file date.  I wouldn't like to go through the process of installing it to find out because I have it already.  Perhaps if Armstrong does obtain the software he would be able to confirm the version.

Thanks for the information and the link.

Regards

Reading This Topic