Cry Me A River

Posted By Colonel_Klink 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Colonel_Klink
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Scene One of my movie Colour Blind requires the main character to cross a bridge. This of course lead me to thinking, what if the experiments with the Bendy Thing (another thread here somewhere) could be utilised to make things such as roads and rivers. Here is the result after many hours of experimenting. The Youtube render is not as good as the actual one, but should be enough to get the general idea. Once I make a better water surface animation it will be available in the Marketplace.

See all my content in one place
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a5008f7f-0e1f-4504-bcf8-f262.png
Facebook Page: CWK3D Game and Film Content
Cancer Survivor - Retired Teacher - Geriatric Icloner still learning
Hardware: ZX80; Operating System- ZX80 Basic; CPU - ZX80 @ 3.25 MHz; Memory - 1KB; Hard Drive - N/A; Storage - Cassette; Monitor: Any old CRT TV

Edited
10 Years Ago by Colonel_Klink
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
That makes a wonderful flowing river. Nice to have more control over the direction like that.Smile

You could also do the bridge itself that way, and then it would be "posable".

animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 14 minutes ago
Another great idea!

I ran into that exact problem the other day where the water did not follow the river's course, which doesn't look right obviously.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Colonel_Klink
Colonel_Klink
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)

rampa (3/16/2014)
That makes a wonderful flowing river. Nice to have more control over the direction like that.Smile

You could also do the bridge itself that way, and then it would be "posable".

Dang... ya read my mind... The bridge , fences, walls and roads for Colour Blind will all be done in a similar fashion Smile

Hardware: ZX80; Operating System- ZX80 Basic; CPU - ZX80 @ 3.25 MHz; Memory - 1KB; Hard Drive - N/A; Storage - Cassette; Monitor: Any old CRT TV

theschemer
theschemer
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Very nice. I like it and also have many uses for it. I can't wait. BigGrin
theschemer
mark
mark
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: 31 minutes ago
Brilliant! Love the bendy-thingy TongueTongueTongueTongueTongue

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Colonel_Klink (3/16/2014)
Scene One of my movie Colour Blind requires the main character to cross a bridge. This of course lead me to thinking, what if the experiments with the Bendy Thing (another thread here somewhere) could be utilised to make things such as roads and rivers. Here is the result after many hours of experimenting. The Youtube render is not as good as the actual one, but should be enough to get the general idea. Once I make a better water surface animation it will be available in the Marketplace.

Colonel,

Where did you get the "Bendy Thing"? 

Edited: Ah Ha - answered by own question: your "Bendy Thing"!

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

Edited
10 Years Ago by sjonesdc
Colonel_Klink
Colonel_Klink
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Further enhanced the Bendy Thing so that the curves are much better. Better water effect using two planes, one for the surface and the other for the river bed. The edges of the river where it intersects with the terrain is a bit harsh, but that can be broken up with rocks and plants.
Edit: Looks good with lava flowing as well Smile

Edited
10 Years Ago by Colonel_Klink
thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Bendy Thing just beat out inanimate carbon rod for employee of the week. 3 cheers for bendy thing!

Seriously, cool use of Bendy Thing.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

Colonel_Klink
Colonel_Klink
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Part-3 Enhanced River Flow - River Bendy Thing gets better shape control

Spent a bit of time last night musing how to further enhance the water flow. Pleased to say that it is now more user friendly. Youtube video output from Iclone isn't the greatest on max setting, but here it is anyway:

FYI Bendy Thing got it's name when my granddaughter (aged 7) asked what I was making... rather than a convoluted technical explanation I said it was a bendy thing... she accepted that granddad knew what he was talking about BigGrin

Reading This Topic