Profile Picture

Other voices for Crazy Talk

Posted By charlie57 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
charlie57
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Hi
Is there any way to get other voices to use in Crazy Talk 7? Besides the voices that come with the software, my Win 7 computer has Microsoft Anna but are there other voices you can download or purchase to use with Crazy Talk 7?
Like ones with different accents or in foreign languages?
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Charlie,

WELCOME to the forum.

Allow me to kindly suggest you post your product questions down in the CrazyTalk section.

I'm not a CrazyTalk user, really, but I'm sure you'll be able to purchase a wide variety of TTS (Text To Speech) modules.  Some are rather expensive.  But you'll get a much better answer from real CrazyTalk experts.

Also, stop in at the "Newbie - Say Hello" section and introduce yourself.  Have you worked with similar tools before?  What are your goals and what do you hope to accomplish?

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
10 Years Ago by justaviking
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
charlie57 (3/2/2014)
Hi
Is there any way to get other voices to use in Crazy Talk 7? Besides the voices that come with the software, my Win 7 computer has Microsoft Anna but are there other voices you can download or purchase to use with Crazy Talk 7?
Like ones with different accents or in foreign languages?

CrazyTalk 7 doesn't come with any text to speech voices, it just uses the voices already installed on your computer. If you are looking for additional voices then you can take a look at the Neospeech voices we sell through our partner program. You can find them HERE.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Chrtud
Chrtud
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
would that additional voices work on a mac?
I have already purchased the mac license and I want to use another voice. do I need to purchase a window version of Crazy Talk?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Chrtud (6/21/2014)
would that additional voices work on a mac?
I have already purchased the mac license and I want to use another voice. do I need to purchase a window version of Crazy Talk?

The Neospeech text to speech voices are Windows only I'm afraid.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

leshenderson
leshenderson
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I was also wondering about the voice aspect but had bigger aspirations such as the ability to mimic celebrity voices or clone the voice pattern of someone.

Apparently it is not yet technically feasible, but there is nothing stopping you from just creating an mp3 using your best impressionist voice or, even better, working with existing files of the actual person.

Then your presentation can be either serious or comical, depending on the actor and background, or any disparity of the two.

ATT has some sample voices you could use to record your text if your Windows voice API isn't applicable. There are also many paid versions of voice manipulators but frankly they seem kind of lame.

Personally I think most of us could mimic a voice close enough to what we want or get a friend, male or female, to do so in a pinch. The novelty nature of the program allows for some leeway in what is expected.

"I am your father, Luke." could be digitally remastered, you could hire the original actor or snip the clip from the movie, find it online, or just speak in a low gravely voice.

After all, it's not like you are trying to circumvent iris scan and voice activation protocols in order to access a secure bunker using a CrazyTalk image of a world leader. For that you need to pluck out an eyeball and have the Independence Day alien manipulate the vocal chords.

Unopened 2/3D Software Junkie - Asus M5A97 w/FX8320 +16 GB, Radeon R9 280.
Edited
10 Years Ago by leshenderson

Reading This Topic