Profile Picture

Introducing Puppet Producer

Posted By Ibis Fernandez 10 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
tokaedit
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Sure, that's what exactly I was doing. But when I exported it and imported in CTA the character appears to be all disconfigured. I tested all the positions, and noticed that when I set the 315º positions and import it to CTA, it causes this problem. I guess I'm not doing anything wrong cause all the other postiions are just fine, just the 315° is messing the whole thing.
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Put your Fla file in a zip file and send it to support at cinestarint.com and I will be happy to troubleshoot the file for you

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
vidi
vidi
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Puppet Producer is awesome !!! Thank you for making this plugin Kiss

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

guitoka (5/7/2014)
Sure, that's what exactly I was doing. But when I exported it and imported in CTA the character appears to be all disconfigured. I tested all the positions, and noticed that when I set the 315º positions and import it to CTA, it causes this problem. I guess I'm not doing anything wrong cause all the other postiions are just fine, just the 315° is messing the whole thing.

Alright, i had a chance to take a look at your file(s) and compiled a couple videos for you. Hopefull they help you out.

The first video is based on the initial file you sent me which was just an swf file, but just based on the character looks alone I provide a few tips and advise on character design etc.

The second video is based on the FLA file I receive. In looking deeper into it, you had pretty much done everything right in terms the rigging with Puppet Producer. There's some obvious character design issues that you should address such as maybe the characters shirt sleeve should be part of the upper arms, and the bottom of the shorts be part of the thighs, and the correct alignment of limbs and character proportions... Now these things alone will certainly help you get better results... but in the end YOUR issue is actually due to a sort of bug in CTA itself.

(NOTE: This one is long, skip to 1:33:45 for final solution to your issue and skip all the troubleshooting stuff.)

Basically for some reason CTA likes only up to 7 angles at first, the moment you add an 8th angle everything breaks. I had actually rand into this issue before and had completely forgotten about it. Your, solution at this point is to either get rid of one of the angles which CTA will manage to recreate using some kind of mirroring magic, or just go ahead and finish the remaining two angles. Which would be the recommended thing to do anyway.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
Edited
10 Years Ago by toontitan
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

vidi (5/7/2014)
Puppet Producer is awesome !!! Thank you for making this plugin Kiss

Thank you so much Vidi. Always a pleasure to know something I developed pretty much for my own personal usage is actually helpful to others.

InfoCentral
InfoCentral
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
toontitan (5/8/2014)
... but in the end YOUR issue is actually due to a sort of bug in CTA itself.

What a great video. I watched both and I must say knowing these things will actually keep your hair on your head. What a huge bug. Glad you were able to identify it.
vidi
vidi
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
What a great video
Indeed . We can so much learn from mistake of others .Your support is outstanding Thank you share it with us.Smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
10 Years Ago by vidi
shadowkross
shadowkross
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)

Hey, Toon Titan. I also purchased your add-on, and ran into some troublesome issues. I'll send you the files.
shadowkross
shadowkross
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)

Thank you once again, Toontitan.

I realized that all the problems I had were completely my fault, so thanks for cleaning up my mess. It seems that my attempt to stay organized and precise ended up being the problem all a long. Wink

Cheers.
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you shadowkross. for everyone else, here is the troubleshooting video for shadowkross' character. Hope it helps, in case anyone ruins into the same issues.

Reading This Topic