What to EXPECT in 2014 with iClone!!

Posted By Bruce (RL) 10 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Capemedia
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Film and Music Producer

Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Very impressive looking upgrade but I hope us directors aren't left behind by those who need a science degree just to use the software.

Clever software is great but without the core of great stories, film making skills and animation masters, it's just all source code.

I trust Reallusion will take this into account Smile

Thanks BigGrin

Score Variations

Capemedia UK Limited's Website

sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
emmanual (1/16/2014)
These are great news!
Just don't jack up the price or something ridiculous.

I second this and leave us nobs behind

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Wow, wow, WOW!!!!

Can't wait!!!

Looking forward to continued updates, screenshots, and mini video clips.

Also looking forward to hearing an estimated availability timeframe.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Cricky
Cricky
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Bruce (RL) (1/15/2014)
Hi all,

It's a brand new start in 2014! In these years, Reallusion has released some new updates to our main tools, including iClone5, CrazyTalk7, CrazyTalk Animator2, FaceFilter3 and more. We would really like to hear your voices and all your precious opinions will be the power for us to keep improving our service in the future. Therefore, we would like to invite you to finish a simple questionnaire and share your feedbacks with us.

1. Brand-new Dockable QT User Interface

It's not Maya, it's iClone. The whole new iClone 6 comes with a flexible user interface lets you detach, move and dock panels to customize your own layout and working style.

2. Big Quality Upgrade from Software Rendering

Other than the big enhancement on real-time engine, iClone6 will support software rendering through plug In architecture. The same content will looked totally different after the fine render.

3. Natural Soft Cloth to make your movements vivid

The new Soft Cloth physics for iClone6 make the dress looks real in motion. Designers can simply use a grayscale map to specify which part of the dress is governed by skin-bone, which others are governed by physics, the gradient provide smooth transition between them.

4. Tessellation from DirectX11

iClone6 has fully rebuilt it's core engine based on DirectX11. By combining GI and deferred lighting, there will be great visual improvement and more light numbers are supported. In addition, the newly added tessellation technology allows designers using displacement maps to control the mesh detail using GPU rendering.

5. Include Other Latest Technologies

As we mentioned above, iClone 6 is defiantly a big present that you don't want to miss in 2014. iClone 6 not only offer tons of new features, but also will adopt other leading technologies such as Nvidia PhysX , Speedtree 7 and Substance. Stay tuned to learn more of iClone6's new development update.

How do you think about these new features? Leave your comment below and share with us!!

Dockable - Great; If it can be set in preference(s) quick select options. This would allow multiple configuration choices and settings that could be selected and used for desktop and laptops, if used on various models of computer.

Soft Cloth clothing... OK -

More Lighting Options. Why the limit to 4 Dir/Spots and 4 Point Lights? Perhaps make it a selectable preference for number of lights available and the user will have to adjust the qty based on their computers capabilities and save them for their preference option(s). Perhaps this is what was meant in #4 above "more light numbers"?

Multiple preference configurations would be nice:

Option One, Option Two, Option Three, etc.; each with the settings desired as radio button options based on whether they are using it as a Desktop or Laptop version. This way configurations could be used as an (*.ini) option that could be transferred to the other system with all preferences intact. It could also be saved for when an uninstall is required to accomplish a clean install replacement or upgrade, and not having to reset all those preferences again.

I usually view everything in date modified sequence, because that is usually what I'm looking for; what I'm doing now. The problem is, whenever I close iClone, I have to set those options all over again, every time I start iClone because it defaults to an alphabetic sequencing. Regardless of preference of the user, these minor resets each time can be tedious.

One last item: Some may not remember this option; The VCR video controls would be a nice comeback. I got a lot of use out of them to control video footage playback (Play-Pause-Stop) on the timeline. ...but it's been a few versions. I mentioned this during the BETA when it was dropped, but it fell on deaf ears.

That's it for now. I filled out the questionnaire form and it contains other things, but no sense in repeating those here.

Bottom line, is it surely looks like things are advancing. Some hard work being accomplished in the background. Looking good.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Shaky
Shaky
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
iClone6? (pulls out credit card)
martok2112
martok2112
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
iClone 6....oh, HELL YES! Smile

Looks like it has some cool new features.

I agree with the notion that it should have easy compatibility with projects made in iClone 5 so that if we're in mid-production on something, we don't have to stop and re-reproduce everything to suit iC6.

I also agree that MORE LIGHTS are needed, and better shadow options.

And please...pleeeeeaaaase..... don't jack up the price! BigGrin

"Incompetence will always prevail so long as evil men stand by and do nothing."
-Martok2112

yoyo26
yoyo26
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
There will be REAL reflection this time? please....
IO1
IO1
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

I love the improvements you've mentioned, the move to DX11 is awesome. The sound work flow is sometimes a bit cumbersome to use.

*Positional sound would be nice and a sound workflow more like a sequencer.
*Ragdolls would be awesome.
*Pupil dilation would be great.
*Built in text objects would be great in both 2d & 3d.
*Physics forces would be great.
* Foot sliding.

I'm looking forward to this update thanks for the great work.

Edited
10 Years Ago by daney7g
yoyo26
yoyo26
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)

Please:
1) don't forget to add real reflection option on all surfaces, and not just on water.
2) Possibility to have lens halo when whe have sun
3) more specials effect

The number of lighting is a great feature!

Thank you !!!
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
These new features look outstanding!!!

I am hoping that walking along paths, without being attached to them, sees some improvements as well.

Really looking forward to the new version.Smile

Reading This Topic