Profile Picture

Facial Pipeline / G2 Male / Female.

Posted By rguy 11 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
I'm Gina
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Ok. I figured it out except now I get an error on opening the "Genesis 2_T-PoseGenesis2_FacialEdits1.3dxFaceAnimProfile" in expression editor. The character is genesis 2 female all by herself. No hair. No clothes, exported from daz as fbx.
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I'm Gina (4/13/2014)
Ok. I figured it out except now I get an error on opening the "Genesis 2_T-PoseGenesis2_FacialEdits1.3dxFaceAnimProfile" in expression editor. The character is genesis 2 female all by herself. No hair. No clothes, exported from daz as fbx.

The Facial Profile for The Genesis 2 Female will work inside DAZ regardless. It just gives, or generates the end result slider options for 3dXchange expression changes; a set of morphs that will allow expression edits in 3dXchange. You can even decimate the character and clothing if you want.

The expression profile for 3DXChange
may likely not work, because of various vertex counts used by multiple users.
This does not preclude a person from using the sliders of the various edits that are generated by the DAZ profile to create their own profiles once in the expression editor panel of 3dXchange5.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
I'm Gina
I'm Gina
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)

Thank you for the fast response. I'm new to Iclone and 3dxchange and unsure of your answer.
The Facial Profile for The Genesis 2 Female will work inside DAZ regardless. It just gives, or generates the end result slider options for 3dXchange expression changes; a set of morphs that will allow expression edits in 3dXchange. You can even decimate the character and clothing if you want.

Are we talking about the DUF file here or the .3dxprofile file. I don't understand what you mean "facial profile" As I understand the directions, I load the T-Pose duf file in daz then export G2F as an fbx.

Again, you lost me. what do you mean "multiple users" The default G2F loads into daz with the same number of vertices for everyone. I may be thick headed here but I would like to think that the "Genesis 2_T-PoseGenesis2_FacialEdits1.3dxFaceAnimProfile" was made for a default G2F figure.
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I'm Gina (4/13/2014)

Thank you for the fast response. I'm new to Iclone and 3dxchange and unsure of your answer.

Are we talking about the DUF file here or the .3dxprofile file. I don't understand what you mean "facial profile" As I understand the directions, I load the T-Pose duf file in daz then export G2F as an fbx.

Again, you lost me. what do you mean "multiple users" The default G2F loads into daz with the same number of vertices for everyone. I may be thick headed here but I would like to think that the "Genesis 2_T-PoseGenesis2_FacialEdits1.3dxFaceAnimProfile" was made for a default G2F figure.

If you do not use the "EXACT" vertex count then facial profiles will not work. It cannot be off by "1" in either direction plus or minus. Some people inadvertently change them without knowing it; it also depends on the software exporting it. DAZ recently updated, and if you are using an updated version then it could be changing the character. I used the default character at the time, and perhaps DAZ has changed it by any number of polygons or vertices. So again, it does depend on the exact vertex count to make the facial profile work in 3dXchange, but the basic profile for DAZ should still work.

The overall character has to be a "PERFECT" match on count only inside 3dXchange for the facial profile to work; this does not apply to using the DUF file in DAZ.

I don't know any other way to say it.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
I'm Gina
I'm Gina
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks again for the reply. I loaded a G2F straight out of the box, no morphs or nothing added such as verts and still get the same error. Daz upgraded their software to 4.6 but G2F has not changed in vert count. Don't know what the problem could be. But I do thank you for taking the time to try to help me out. I sure hope iclone comes up with a fix soon.

Reading This Topic