Profile Picture

The expected CrazyTalk Animator 2 is coming!

Posted By Bruce (RL) 11 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
AverageJoe
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I think we'll just have to agree to disagree. There is absolutely nothing you can do with this safe area that I cannot already do in CTA1 with the camera mode switch.
Sefardi
Sefardi
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
wizaerd (12/21/2013)
I think we'll just have to agree to disagree. There is absolutely nothing you can do with this safe area that I cannot already do in CTA1 with the camera mode switch.

Amen
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
So how's this for a messed up concept... The "safe area" marker does not reflect what is framed within the camera in any way. At the top, there is the same icon as in CTA1 (camera with an eyeball over it) for switching camera modes, and it does not automagically reflect what is within the safe area border. Which now makes me wonder what is the point?

Based on the documentation, the safe area border is if you just want to export without using the live camera, whereas the camera switch mode is if you do want to use the live camera. It's the difference between a stationary static camera, and a dynamic animated camera. The safe area doesn't allow for animating the camera with pans, zooms, or cuts. And an animation without any camera work is just dull and boring.

And I'm willing to bet that the majority of videos we see coming from users of CTA2 will be static, with no camera work because they'll rely on this safe area instead of using the dynamic camera. And if they do use the live camera, the safe area border will mean absolutely nothing because it does not reflect what is within the camera view at all.
RMdog
RMdog
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
UPDATE with CTA 2:

I have been in communications with Reallusion:

1) -- Reallusion has confirmed that due to tech problem - they have temporary removed the MASKING FACE / MASKING Head feature from the CTA 2. - AND replied that this MASKING feature will be returning.

Now for EYES & TEETH :

I did located custom EYES & TEETH in the CTA 2 program. -- However - AFTER you made the head -the options for the TEETH and EYES are only through the ACTOR CREATOR "Composer Mode" - therefore - you must go back and highlight the head - and then select from the upper tool bar EYES or TEETH - HOWEVER - you can't apply various choices quickly, nor do quick adjustments.

CTA 2's manual BLINK test with the EYE BALL - does NOT allow you to easily fix the wire frame of the eyeblink/eye. - You must go back out to and load the face fitting editor - and then the only option there is an AUTOMATIC eye blink

Additionally - aside from my frustration on some things - I am still a loyal customer of Reallusion - and I need their terrific products for my work. thank you again - Smile
Edited
11 Years Ago by rmathew13
RMdog
RMdog
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
So perhaps a logical update would be the ability to switch the safe area on and off.

btw: Maybe I am not fully understanding what you are saying about the safe area.. because I was able to pan, zoom and tilt using the safe area. And there are different lens sizes (via project settings on the bottom). The safe area frame color switches from blue (for stage mode) to red (for rec. mode).

You wrote: "the safe area border will mean absolutely nothing because it does not reflect what is within the camera view at all."

Try setting the safe area to 10 or zero. And when you pan, zoom and tilt with the camera - you can see offstage AND what is being recorded by the RED LINE frame. However, it will only record and play back what is inside the red frame - and it will have all of the dynamic camera moves.

Edited
11 Years Ago by rmathew13
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Paumanok West (12/17/2013)
[b]Peter (RL) CrazyTalk Animator 2 is a 32bit program. There is no 64bit version.

Peter, I think some of us will find that surprising. As a point of pure curiosity, can you say why that is the case?

Hi Pau,

It's nice to see you back on the forum again. Smile

Actually its not really that surprising. All Reallusion products are 32bit with the exception of iClone5 which also has a 64bit version. Generally this is to allow larger 3D scenes to be created in that title but this isn't so important in CTA.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic