((( CrazyTalk 7 Pro Tech Support )))

Posted By jarronn 11 Years Ago
Rated 1 star based on 1 vote.
Author
jarronn
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
INTRODUCTION:

I was initially reluctant to buy the CrazyTalk animation program because at Amazon people were saying that dealing with email tech support is frustrating as you have to stop your project and wait till they finally get around to responding to you.

I've dealt with this type of Internet support before and it can be tremendously frustrating ESPECIALLY when you ask more than one important question and you only get an answer to one of your question and you have to ask again to get answers for your other questions.

My main goal, in the creation of this topic thread, is to share the questions I ask tech support and the answers they give me a creating a type of specialized instruction manual I hope will be of use to others using CrazyTalk 7 Pro

If any of you can enter a link to a topic thread where my questions have been addressed PLEASE DO SO!!! I would sure appreciate it!

Thanks

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Many of your answers can be found by reading the product manual.

The online manual and the online help are NOT the same thing

jarronn
jarronn
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

For clarification, I find it is best to try to post one point per post; or as close to one point. This makes things easier for clarification when addressing the matters brought up.

First off let me say that if this company wants to sell more of their product they really need to give excellent phone tech support. That would help tremendously as if I read at Amazon that this company has excellent phone tech support I would have most probably purchased the program immediately.

You may think you are saving money by not offering excellent phone tech support, giving the option to have them call you back when your turn comes up so people don't have to wait on hold, but you actually suffer from a loss of customers who hate dealing with stopping their projects and waiting a couple of days before they get a written response to solve their problems.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

jarronn
jarronn
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

NEXT:

I don't care how you may try to justify it, IT IS NOT COOL to deny people the ability to test ALL the features of your program in the trial versions, period!!

When I use a trial version I WANT TO TEST EVERYTHING YOU BRAG ABOUT. Continually being given messages that the option is not available in the trial version is defeating the whole purpose of having trial versions, can't you see that?

I mean, you expect people to blindly trust that the special features you brag about actually will work as you advertise? That's what you are essentially saying,

"Trust us, you'll like it"

That is simply not good for your business.

If you are going to present a trial version of your software then PLEASE allow people to try ALL the special features you brag about in your advertisements.

For the sake of financial profit/customer satisfaction please think about it

Thanks

jarronn
jarronn
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Let me say that because you have offered trial versions of your software, so that I could make comparisons, you made a sale last night!

I found CrazyTalk 7 Pro to be more intuitive than CrazyTalk Animator Pro. Even though I was not able to test many of the key features your company brags about I was able to create my second experimental test video with CrazyTalk 7 Pro MUCH EASIER than with Animator Pro.

First my test of the trial version of CrazyTalk Animator Pro created especially for a bunch of skeptics in a skeptics forum where there don't like me:

Next my test of CrazyTalk 7 Pro:

Edited
11 Years Ago by jarronn
jarronn
jarronn
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Just when I was getting extremely good using the 'have to be online' Xtranormal animation program...they went out of business.

Above you should see the last video I created with Xtranormal in which I am using my voice for the characters. I thought I would share it just in case anyone is curious about my computer animation before I was forced into finding another animation program.

My whole purpose for these animation programs is to provide an entertaining way for me to work on public speaking. That's the bottom line for me and for my purposes CrazyTalk 7 Pro seems to be the best program for my needs. I sure hope I feel more and more this way as time progresses.

Edited
11 Years Ago by jarronn
jarronn
jarronn
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

UPDATE:

Made some subtle improvements to the original

My first OFFICIAL project with CrazyTalk 7 Pro was quite a surprise to me. I never expected to be making a video like this. Personally, I thought I was always going to be doing silly stuff with the CrazyTalk program. After all, that's what the name suggests, right?

So, it came as quite a surprise when I was compelled to make this video of Einstein from beyond death; as though he actually communicated to humanity through me.

I have found CrazyTalk 7 Pro to be a program similar to the Xtranormal program in that there all sorts of specialized adjustments that you really need to find on your own. I would imagine if the company made a tutorial video for all of them there would be so many videos created...well...man, it would take a heck of a lot of videos to teach them all.

Anyway, my first major project is quite unique and I'm proud of what I accomplished. It's kind of fun doing the Einstein voice, but it can be rather taxing on the vocal chords

BTW: The background music is an original composition I call, "Dimensional Portal"

Edited
11 Years Ago by jarronn
jarronn
jarronn
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

My second official CrazyTalk 7 Pro video is an experiment with the different features. I was curious as to what I can and cannot do so I chose a stock character, imported a cropped background that would fit in a widescreen format, then built upon the original script all the while experimenting with the various features until I found a rather acceptable balance.

I chose a classic Monty Python's Flying Circus: The Lumberjack Song

so that everyone can sing along

except, of course, for those with the sense of humor of a foot that has fallen asleep. If I have just described you then, rest assured, YOU are excused from singing along

*I still keep pronouncing the name of this company: Revulsion

That's what I originally thought it was. Then I finally said to myself, "That can't be right". Still...they should have called themselves: Real_Illusion or something similar

Can't seem to get that "Revulsion" out of my pea brain

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
Hi Jarronn,

Welcome to the forum.

Firstly let me say I'm a little confused by your postings. Your original post complains about Tech Support and the delays in getting replies, but I've read through your posts and can't actually find any questions or problems mentioned. Please let us know of any issues you may be having.

With regards to your complaint about the trial versions missing features. Please can you tell us which features were not available in the Trial versions. Our trial versions are mostly the same as the full versions but any exports will have a watermark. Please provide more information and we will try to help you.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

jarronn
jarronn
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter (RL) (8/10/2013)
Hi Jarronn,

Welcome to the forum.

Firstly let me say I'm a little confused by your postings. Youroriginal postcomplains aboutTech Support and the delays in getting replies, but I've read through your postsand can't actually find any questions or problems mentioned. Please let us know of any issues you may be having.

With regards to your complaint about the trial versions missing features. Please can you tell us which features were not available in the Trial versions. Our trial versions are mostly the same as the full versions but any exports will have a watermark. Please provide more information and we will try to help you.

Thanks for your response. As I had stated, CrazyTalk 7 Pro is much more intuitive than CrazyTalk Animator. My creation of these recent videos answered many of the questions I would have asked tech support.

CrazyTalk Animator left me filled with very frustrating questions. The main reason I purchased CrazyTalk 7 Pro was that its intuitive nature began to answer a number of the questions I was frustrated about.

I'll just give you one situation that I can remember. However, I now can't remember which trial version of your program gave me the message. I was trying to experiment changing the eyes in a photograph of a man. I pulled up the eye selection and tried to change the man's eyes and was ONCE AGAIN give a message that the trial version would not allow me to do that function. I was only allowed to put female eyes on a male photograph. VERY FRUSTRATING for I had encountered many such messages while experimenting with the trial version of the programs.

I can't remember them all, but it seems to me YOU CREATORS must know what you allow and don't allow people to do with the trial versions of your software, right? Who else????

Still, it's not my problem anymore. I like CrazyTalk 7 Pro. What business is it of mine if you lose millions of dollars in sales because people cannot test all the special features you brag about in your fancy advertisements? It's no skin off of my wallet. YOUR LOSS, not mine, right?

jarronn
jarronn
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'm doing my best to make it clear to you that it is YOUR LOSS by denying people the ability to test ALL OF THE FEATURES you brag about in your fancy advertisements.

I kept getting the feeling that you felt you were getting away with something by not allowing people to test ALL the features of your programs.

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!

YOU ARE THE LOSERS IN THIS MATTER!!!

One can only guess how much money you have already lost because people test the trial versions, run into too many of those denial messages and just say 'to hell with it' and refuse to purchase your products.

Reading This Topic