Clone bone

Reallusion Forum
Reallusion Home      Members   Calendar   Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Clone boneExpand / Collapse
Author

Senior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 5/25/2013 11:20:36 AM
I have an OBJ character that is not rigged and really want to use it. 3dxchange obviously can't convert it and I saw a reply on the forum that the best way would be to use clonebone to animate....which sounds great.

My question really is how to break down the parts of the body to reattach to the clone bone. Which program would be needed? Any advice or pointers to tutorials would be great.

Thanks
Post #155533
Posted 5/24/2013 5:42:08 PM

Senior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior Member

Last Login: 8/20/2014 11:40:58 PM
First off... 3d x-change CAN convert .obj..

is the model a single mesh? if it is then you would have to cut it into pieces and add faces to close in the holes....

maybe post a pic of the model so we can see it.....

Gamer, Lover, Filmmaker
Post #155537
Posted 5/24/2013 9:55:03 PM

Tutor

TutorTutorTutorTutorTutorTutorTutorTutor

Last Login: Today @ 1:11:55 PM
If it is in "pieces & parts" this old tute I did awhile back might help a little...

PROMO-BACK2
Click to go to my YouTube Channel

Post #155545
Posted 5/25/2013 6:01:09 AM

Last Login: 5/25/2013 11:20:36 AM
Thanks for your replies. The figure is The Joker, I have attached a picture of the model. I brought it into 3dxchange and all the buttons for converting were greyed out. I looked about on the forum and it seemed to be suggested in one post that as a model was not rigged it wouldn't allow it. The post went on to say that Clone Bone could be the answer. I have tried to do that but finding it tricky, would probably find it easier to chop bits up and piece together. Not sure why the buttons would be greyed out but it would be great if i am missing something....as it would make my life a lot easier.

Post Attachments 
joker.jpg (7 views, 98.28 KB)
Post #155555
Posted 5/25/2013 7:33:40 AM

Tutor

TutorTutorTutorTutorTutorTutorTutorTutor

Last Login: Today @ 2:22:42 PM
No, clone Bone would not work in this case . This is only suitable for robot character

You must rig and weight your model in a 3D package that can handle this . e.g Blender or DAZ studio (free)

Then you can with xchange converted your bones in a iClone Bone format.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi
iclone auf dem 3D Board

„Um ein tadelloses Mitglied einer Schafherde sein zu können, muß man vor allem ein Schaf sein.“

Albert Einstein

Post #155558
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This TopicExpand / Collapse
Active Users: 2 (2 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Visconti, Peter (RL), Bruce (RL)

PermissionsExpand / Collapse

All times are GMT, Time now is 3:54pm