import daz vehicles into iclone - will features work

Posted By rampart 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Cricky
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago

I wanted to test the Mechanics Toolkit again inside iClone5, so this gave me a small opportunity.

When it comes to working the parts from The Bradley and The Humvee, the parts would likely need to be exported separately with animation, as mentioned above, and then combined again inside iClone using the iCar Assembly instructions or by employing the Physics Toolbox. The iClone Mechanics Toolkit will handle most of your movement needs for doors and wheels.

The Tracks themselves on the Bradley would likely require either using the Physics Toolbox (Tank A or B) to make a similar matching set work, or you can prepare a set using the Developers whitepaper on creating your own.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Scythar
Scythar
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi,
sorry to bring this back up, but i imported a Daz vehicle and created subprops for the wheels (didnt botter with the doors ftm).
Then i followed the tutorial 'How to assemble an iCar' .

At the end of the 'ride' (stupid pun intended) my car is moving as expected, but the wheels dont turn !!

Now i noticed that when i import a standard iCar the structure of the prop is different and also the 'attach to subnode' structure differs.

So somewhere i think there are some things forgotten to mention in the tutorial. My guess would be somewhere at level C4 ? (of course, since i am a total noob at this, the problem may be behind the keyboard...)

I am using iClone 6, in 'bullet' mode.
Screenshot in attachment.

HELP PLZ !
THX.
Attachments
ScreenShot1.jpg (64 views, 564.00 KB)
Scythar
Scythar
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)

Sorry for shameless bump, but still no solution to my problem...

Help plz !
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I guess you can do the PROP ANIMATION of the DAZ vehicles inside ICLONE.

Import as FBX. Inside ICLONE, activate the Bone animation under PROP ANIMATION. You can animate the individual components like wheels, doors etc.
Scythar
Scythar
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Sorry, but the whole point is to use the iCar tool, and to check what,s wrong with the tutorial that comes with it.

Anyone else maybe?

THX.

Cricky maybe, your wheels are turning...
Edited
9 Years Ago by Scythar
SchachMatt
SchachMatt
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
if the wheels are seperated already from the car body: forget the iCar tool and animate each wheel by using keyframes: let them turn around ...

there is an excellent tutorial from mark´s SmallWStudio : "Round & Round" that helps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP7MEE4Pt_4
Edited
9 Years Ago by SchachMatt

Reading This Topic