3DXChange 5 Pro Manual

Posted By SeanMac 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
LeeHounshell
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
seantmchugh (3/26/2013)
How do I download the manual / Online help withou going through every topic separately?

I just successfully used the free HTTrack Website Copier to make a copy of both the iClone5 web manual and the 3DXchange manual into my local Apache directory.

http://www.httrack.com/

animagic
animagic
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
@LeeHounshell: thanks for the link! Looks like an extremely useful tool.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
@Peter (RL) " Your requests will certainly be considered and hopefully we can get these to you at some point. The difficulty is that with regular software upgrades, the PDF manuals would require constant revision. Keeping the online guide updated is the priority at the moment."
Thanks for your reply from RL. However the online help used to be printable as a single output. I don't know why this function was deleted. Why not simply restore it?
@Armstrong " Hi Sean... I was a'kiddin'." Thanks for that. No worries, mate. I started in 1978 with a Commodore Pet 8-bit that loaded software and data by tape recorder. We have all come a long way since. The worry for the future has to be that Microsoft Windows 8 looks like showing the era of desktops is almost over for commercial purposes.
@Rampa Thanks for the suggestion. I am always leery about scraping a website without getting permission from the owners. And as Peter noted, the on line help is in a constant state of change.
@ LeeHounshell Thanks for that. I have downloaded it but I would like to get an opinion from RL before using it.
@Peter(RL) What do you think, Peter? Sitescrape or restore function of single page PDF or HTML - I doubt if anyone else minds either.

R Ham
R Ham
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

I went searching for the 3DXchange manual, but found this thread instead.

Since single-source authoring software allows for the generation of both online and PDF formats from a single content source, the absence of a PDF manual is hard to justify. It is inscrutable. The only thing more inscrutable is that anyone would argue against it.

This is the best video I've found so far. Please share your favorite tutorial with me.

"Less clicks good, more clicks bad."
Edited
11 Years Ago by Rottenham
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I,too, was looking for a manual that I could print out. I am not that good with these programs and I do need a manual.
At 74 years old, these computers were not around when I was much younger so I am not computer literate like you guys.
The answers seemed like you were talking down to me.
Ken
colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

"Kencoon7 (8/10/2014)
I,too, was looking for a manual that I could print out. I am not that good with these programs and I do need a manual.
At 74 years old, these computers were not around when I was much younger so I am not computer literate like you guys.
The answers seemed like you were talking down to me.
Ken"

Ken

If you have 3DXchange 5.5, there are a number of Video Tutorials, which can be Downloaded to your PC, via a Free Video Downloader. You start with the Basic Tutorials for iClone 4, which are the same for iClone 5.5.

I'll included a Link to the Tutorials, when I can find them.

ADDED - Searched in several locations. Can't find them, but I have them all. Although Reallusion Develop great Programs, their communication skills are sadly deficient. A common problem with most Program Developers.

If you haven't got 3DXchange, don't bother with it. You need to learn iClone basics first.

The majority of us who Post, are extremely helpful to new iClone Users.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited
10 Years Ago by colour
sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

SeanMac (3/26/2013)
How do I download the manual / Online help withou going through every topic separately?

Sean McHugh

Intel Core i7-2600K @3.40Ghz
Win 7 64 bit
16Gb RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 470

You may want to look at HTTrack Website Copier at http://www.httrack.com/.  This was mentioned in while ago. 

Hope this helps.

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

R Ham
R Ham
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Peter (RL) (4/3/2013)
The difficulty is that with regular software upgrades, the PDF manuals would require constant revision.

It's only a "difficulty" if you don't have a professional technical author on staff.

The best software in the world has no value if no one knows how to use it.

"Less clicks good, more clicks bad."

Reading This Topic