Preset for Automatic Full-Talking Character Import

Posted By Bruce (RL) 11 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

Author
rcsinger29
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 days ago
When adjusting the expressions, the only controls I have are for both eyes at once

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
when you export your character, you should be seeing it make faces as it saves, if you don't see it animating those expressions, then either your export settings are not right or you need to get those viseme morphs from daz.

rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
ok, tell me, step by step, what "should" get all the available morphs into my export from Daz?

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
i'm going to have to let a more experienced daz person step in for this one - I'm still new at daz and I'm not sure If I bought something or if it's a stock thing that I'm using, I know I purchased the head morph kit, so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it.

animatom
animatom
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Few hints about exporting characters from DAZ, because there are many different models, generation of models, exclusive DAZ glitches, morphs rules and all kind of nasty DAZ habits - to many to make some general step by step tutorial for exports to 3DXchange.
1.Try to use DAZ Studio 4.5 32 bit edition; it have it's own (very good one BTW) lip sync tool. You don't need these animation out, but it will activate all necessary morphs of the face. Just tell model to say few words (some audio examples are parts of DAZ). DAZ Studio 4.5 64 bit doesn't have this tool.
2. Some morphs, depending on the model, needs to be keyframed on the timeline to get out. Just put one keyframe at the begining and one at the end (with few facial sliders moved between, of course). On export choose to export morphs AND animation.
3. You can always use Collada export, where you can choose different option (bake, export or ignore) for every morph model have. Then use Autodesk's free converter to convert Collada to FBX.
4. For models other and older than Genesis, try to find older DAZ - I still use DAZ Studio 2 for most elegant FBX export; there you can activate all morphs you want to be exported and in export screen simply choose "export just active morphs")

DAZ Studio is extremely useful tool, but it could be very tricky and we really can't expect of Reallusion to solve DAZ problems. During the beta testing I tried to export many, many different models and - with or without some of the tricks above - they all worked.
Most beautiful thing for me is that we can now lipsync even models without any viseme morphs, like excellent Nursoda characters for example (as DrPitterbill in my Hamlet test video), few smile - not smile - open mouth - close mouth morphs, and job easily done in 3DXchange.
All in all, I think this update is one of the best thing happened in the world of real time animation.
Ever. Smile

Edited
11 Years Ago by animatom
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 31 minutes ago
Making sure you have DAZ Studio Pro 4.5 is probably your bet for getting those highly desired visemes. My download came with Mimic of some sort that seems to have installed them.

also make sure you have the check box for "morphs" selected in the DAZ FBX export. It will export 16 morphs of different visemes. There are so few because of the similarity between different ones. One viseme can work for multiple sounds.

Fifteen of these 16 visemes can be mapped in 3DX.

Visconti
Visconti
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (46.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.7K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Artman009

Thanks for your help to point it out.
This video was originally produced in 3DX5.4 Beta period, so the info is not well described.
We have made the change, and the updated DAZ tutorial made in 3DX5.4 final release will be published soon.
Sorry for any misleading info

Thanks
Visconti
=============
Forum Moderator
Reallusion, Inc.

Visconti
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.
https://forum.reallusion.com

ArchAngjel
ArchAngjel
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Considering the long awaited facial animation export for daz characters I went ahead and paid the 129 for the character kit just to get the iCloneFacekey.DUF file. I figured since it was the only reason I bought Iclone exchange 5 (already had 4) another hundred and thirty bucks for the ability to have a one click solution instead of editing every imported model was fair enough I guess.

However unless I am doing something wrong (probably I am). I still have nothing attached to the visemes automatically. The eyes and head rotation are auto mapped, but I still have to use the sliders to input the vismes and also after watching the tutorial video on how to do it I also notice that it says that the vismes are in order and named after the viseme in exchange 5. Something like head.CNTRLVSMER with the last 2 letters being the sound it matches "er".

First off they are not in order there are viseme CNTRLVSM sliders that dont match any visemes and some excluded which is the real problem. I didn't mind the extras for tweaking purposes, I'll even do the sliders manually not real happy about it but okay.I have no problem tweaking for individual characters... but for a 130 bucks could I at least get a iCloneFacekey.DUF file with the whole viseme library?

As far as I can see without mixing each individually for visemes R, Ch&J, N&NG, and EE they are not even in my list and a few more that don't match the visemes in Xchange I've best guessed which they mean. Now as I said I could be doing something wrong but if I'm not the 130 bucks I spent for the iCloneFacekey.DUF file (which I understand retails for 99 bucks just by itself) was money wasted. I hope this isn't the case and I have either misunderstood the tutorials, incorrectly installed it, or a combination of both.

Please let me know where I've gone wrong here.
Edited
11 Years Ago by jonblade1
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

jonblade1 (3/12/2013)
Considering the long awaited facial animation export for daz characters I went ahead and paid the 129 for the character kit just to get the iCloneFacekey.DUF file. I figured since it was the only reason I bought Iclone exchange 5 (already had 4) another hundred and thirty bucks for the ability to have a one click solution instead of editing every imported model was fair enough I guess.

However unless I am doing something wrong (probably I am). I still have nothing attached to the visemes automatically. The eyes and head rotation are auto mapped, but I still have to use the sliders to input the vismes and also after watching the tutorial video on how to do it I also notice that it says that the vismes are in order and named after the viseme in exchange 5. Something like head.CNTRLVSMER with the last 2 letters being the sound it matches "er".

First off they are not in order there are viseme CNTRLVSM sliders that dont match any visemes and some excluded which is the real problem. I didn't mind the extras for tweaking purposes, I'll even do the sliders manually not real happy about it but okay.I have no problem tweaking for individual characters... but for a 130 bucks could I at least get a iCloneFacekey.DUF file with the whole viseme library?

As far as I can see without mixing each individually for visemes R, Ch&J, N&NG, and EE they are not even in my list and a few more that don't match the visemes in Xchange I've best guessed which they mean. Now as I said I could be doing something wrong but if I'm not the 130 bucks I spent for the iCloneFacekey.DUF file (which I understand retails for 99 bucks just by itself) was money wasted. I hope this isn't the case and I have either misunderstood the tutorials, incorrectly installed it, or a combination of both.

Please let me know where I've gone wrong here.

Did you actually apply the DUF file to the Genesis inside DAZ?

You should find that the Facial Bones and Viseme assignments work just fine if you have.

Part2...YouTube

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Edited
11 Years Ago by Cricky
ArchAngjel
ArchAngjel
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)

Yep even created shortcut to the iCloneFacekey.DUF file within Daz. I suppose when I have time to really focus on it I can create a new .duf file but again if I was going to do that I could've saved 130 bucks.
I'm hoping that I missed something and it is at least added into the character automatically where I can edit it. So to clarify my steps:
1) Unzipped Designer_Source_Pack.zip
2) Copied iCloneFaceKey.duf into DAZ3d content directory where I could find it inside Daz3d
3) Created a female Genesis character using unisex genesis model (Also tried Aiko 5 character same results)(Also using Daz3d Pro 64bit version 4.5)
4) With Genesis selected applied .duf file which asked me to lenthen my animation frames to which I clicked ok button.
5) With Genesis selected I then picked export as fbx.
6) In the export box I have the following checked:

Export options with figures,animation, and morphs checked
Output options with fbx 2012 binary selected and embed textures, allow degraded skinning, and allow degraded scaling checked and have also checked and unchecked merge clothing into figure skeleton.
Export rule with only bake in list all else removed.

7) Start Xchange 5.4 open fbx file, and after abit the program asks me if I wish to import as daz3d non standard (talking character). I select yes.
8) from there I check expression editor to see if visemes are auto installed they don't seem to be (but they are in small box right hand side of screen)....so lost somewhere around here.
9) I can and have exported figure into daz and only if I set all visemes will face animate and character lipsync if I simply export then nothing..

I figure there has to be something important I'm missing in there. I watched your video and I'm at least glad to see that it does work and that problem is on my end after all.
Edited
11 Years Ago by jonblade1

Reading This Topic