Preset for Automatic Full-Talking Character Import

Posted By Bruce (RL) 11 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Bruce (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (65.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
As you may know, 3DXchange provides automatic character import with a single click for popular character types such as DAZ Genesis. To reduce repetitive face or body bone mapping, 3DXchange5.4 supports preset profiles to automate the process. Simply drag in your character and 3DXchange5.4 will automatically convert it into a talking walking iClone Actor while enjoying lip-syncs, face puppet and face key editing. You can also save your custom profiles to simplify the mapping procedure.

So far we support the following two character standards.

DAZ Genesis Character Import

With the DAZ Genesis Extension, not only can you easily convert, and fully animate all DAZ Genesis characters in iClone, but you may even define your unique expression styles through the DUF file, or create body morph effects in iClone. You can get this Extension as a free bonus after purchasing the Facial Pipeline Character Pack.

iClone GameBone Characters

The simple bone structure uses 51 body bone segments and 25 facial bones, which optimize your game performance and character rigging efforts while retaining the articulation of body movements and vivid facial animations. Characters designed using iClone's GameBones can enjoy the function of automatic import.

If there is any profile settings for your preferred content types other than these two, please share them with us under this thread.

Bruce (RL)
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.
https://forum.reallusion.com

ArchAngjel
ArchAngjel
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I must be missing something here I ordered the Facial Pipeline Character Pack and I assume it also installed the Daz Genesis extention since i have no other downloads showing for the order but I cannot find the iCloneFaceKey.DUF file it mentioned where is it installed to?

nevermind I think I've got it..didnt notice the second download link... It's Monday Tongue
Edited
11 Years Ago by jonblade1
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
jonblade1 (3/11/2013)
I must be missing something here I ordered the Facial Pipeline Character Pack and I assume it also installed the Daz Genesis extention since i have no other downloads showing for the order but I cannot find the iCloneFaceKey.DUF file it mentioned where is it installed to?

If you have purchased the Facial Pipeline Character Pack you should have also received a zip file called "Designer's Source Pack". This contains the iCloneFacekey.DUF file. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi Peter,

I am not 100% clear about what the Daz Extension and the Facial Animation Content Pack offer.
I would appreciate some more explanation, e.g., what can or can't be done with/without them, taking 2 references: 3DX5Pro and 3DX5Pipeline.

Thanks
Cheers

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
If you already own 3dx5 pro, do you still have to purchase the facial animation pipeline in order to get the iclone DUF? In order to import Daz facial morphs? The prop dummy maya rig?

Edited
11 Years Ago by rcsinger29
Artman009
Artman009
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Yeah, I have the same question.

What if I am only interested in using a DAZ Genesis character in iClone, not the Hunter, Chimp or Croc character? I have to purchase the Facial Pipeline Character Pack for $129.95 just get the iCloneFacekey.DUF file?

According to the (DAZ) Importing Facial Morph Target Data from Daz3D video on YouTube (http://youtu.be/K4ADB9li7iA), the link was suppose to be provided in the video description but it's not there.

-- Artman009

rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Houston, I have a feeling we will be forced into spending another 130 bucks before our DAZ charactrers can talk. Everything I have found indicates that without that .duf file, the mouth doesnt move, only the teeth!

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
if you wish to export all possible facial morphs and expressions for any character, you need all of them to appear along the timeline at some point.
The Genesis .duf does this for Genesis.
To do it for other figures (and Genesis if you wish to create your own bespoke morph combos) I would suggest manually moving each morph slider and recording each result with a puppeteer dot, then use puppeteer to cycle through all the morphs and expressions.
You can in expression editor add your own choices to the viseme sliders too, say a bit of hiss or snarl for millenium cat or dog to the "sh" viseme etc to create unique expressions as not all faces make exactly the same speech movements.
The Genesis detection will add what ever expressions and morphs you have present at the time of each viseme etc so hair and clothes morph movements etc are added too, an interesting side effect.
You need to go and manually reset each one if you do not want this.

rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

our question is how to get the genesis.duf file?

it is appearing as though we will have to purchase the pack in order to get it. a 99.00 value free with the facial animation pipeline.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
RobertoColombo (3/11/2013)
Hi Peter,

I am not 100% clear about what the Daz Extension and the Facial Animation Content Pack offer.
I would appreciate some more explanation, e.g., what can or can't be done with/without them, taking 2 references: 3DX5Pro and 3DX5Pipeline.

Thanks
Cheers

Roberto

Hi Roberto,

You can see everything that is included in the Facial Pipeline Character Pack by clicking the link below. The Genesis Extension files are free to those who purchase the Character Pack.

http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/promo/2013_Facial-Pipeline-Character-Pack/default.html

Without the Facial Pipeline Character Pack, you can still add facial animation to your characters using the Expression Editor but the Genesis Extensions automate the process for you.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic