3DXchange 5.4 is here!

Posted By Bruce (RL) 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
codewarrior
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hmmm..

Long story short, I bought the facial enabled 3DXchange, even though I already owned pro, so I am out a fair bit of money, even though I got a great sale price. I had to uninstall my PRO to install 5.4 only to find my export to FBX gone, and then I uninstalled 5.4, reinstalled PRO and got the latest patch.

So..

1. You shouldn't sell me stuff I am eligible to get free.

2. The versioning/upgrade on 3DXchange PRO/Facial is a bit confusing.

3. Can I get a refund?

Cheers! Smile

Pete Patterson - Contract Programmer http://ideajuice.com

Ideajuice Consulting Services
Need code???
Decades of programming experience. Working with 3D since the 1980's. Fluent in C# and Javascript.

codewarrior
codewarrior
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Also wondering where the installer for the Facial Pipeline Character pack put the FBX sample files, lip sync test file etc.

Basically, the "Designers Source Pack" seems to be missing.

EDIT: Never mind - realized it's a seperate download.

Pete Patterson - Contract Programmer http://ideajuice.com

Ideajuice Consulting Services
Need code???
Decades of programming experience. Working with 3D since the 1980's. Fluent in C# and Javascript.

Edited
11 Years Ago by codewarrior
lousberg_wil
lousberg_wil
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
I have update the 3dxchange 5 with the patch 5.4.

Import a character .. non standard ... all what i do... wrong ..

3DXchange works not more !!!

From Iclone 5. character tot 3dxchange 5 import file error.w00t

I have it installed in C: 86 program files

Can somebody tell me what is the question..

Sorry about my Englisch ...

Many thanks for help... johnvanderzee@ziggo.nl

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Did you update iclone 5.4 also ? both 3DX5 and Iclone have to be updated to be compatible.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
hj (3/11/2013)
Hi Bruce

The update 3DXchange Pipiline 5.4 crashed after exporting a prop to iClone w00tw00tw00t

The Beta does not crash

also

with fbx-Export from DAZ and after import to 3DXchange 5.4

The coordinates of the props are not correct

best

hj

Hi HJ,

We have unfortunately not been able to reproduce this error.

Did you make sure that you completely removed the beta versions of iClone5 and 3DXchange5 and are using the latest 5.4 versions?

If so, please use the Support Form below to submit your source data so we can take a look at it. We can supply an FTP to upload your files if you need one.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

codewarrior (3/12/2013)
Hmmm..

Long story short, I bought the facial enabled 3DXchange, even though I already owned pro, so I am out a fair bit of money, even though I got a great sale price. I had to uninstall my PRO to install 5.4 only to find my export to FBX gone, and then I uninstalled 5.4, reinstalled PRO and got the latest patch.

So..

1. You shouldn't sell me stuff I am eligible to get free.

2. The versioning/upgrade on 3DXchange PRO/Facial is a bit confusing.

3. Can I get a refund?

Cheers! Smile

Hi Codewarrior,

I'm a little puzzled why you purchased 3DXchange5 Pro when you already had the 3DXchange5 Pipeline Edition? All you needed to do was update your Pipeline version.

However we will certainly issue you a refund if you purchased in error. Just contact Customer Support using the link below and they will help you get the refund. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

animagic
animagic
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 minutes ago
I have been trying to add some custom facial motions and figured out how to do that.

However, when I try to apply them in iClone be selecting the 3DX Custom option I programmed (number 1 in my case), iClone automatically selects the eyes and the head movement, which I don't want. If I try to deselect those, I also lose my custom selection. I'm I missing something?

Actually, the custom motions are still there but the option is no longer shown highlighted.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

lousberg_wil
lousberg_wil
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (3/12/2013)
hj (3/11/2013)
Hi Bruce

The update 3DXchange Pipiline 5.4 crashed after exporting a prop to iClone w00tw00tw00t

The Beta does not crash

also

with fbx-Export from DAZ and after import to 3DXchange 5.4

The coordinates of the props are not correct

best

hj

Hi HJ,

We have unfortunately not been able to reproduce this error.

Did you make sure that you completely removed the beta versions of iClone5 and 3DXchange5 andare usingthe latest 5.4 versions?

If so, please use the Support Form below to submit your source data so we can take a look at it. We can supply an FTP to upload your files if you need one.

Thanks.

Indeed i have updated all and now works correct.. Smile
surajit
surajit
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
This is the greatest update.

There will be glitches - fine, I have learned to expect that everywhere, even with software worth thousands of dollars.

I am ready to wait for things to get better.

My installations and upgrades went without a hitch and without needing to uninstall anything.

This has answered my prayers, that I had for a long time.

To buy 3DS Max just to have fresh characters created by me in order to animate in iClone doesn't make sense to me.

But I still love to create now and then, and like the ease of iClone.

I am not entering the huge worth of 3DS max controversy.

But I love the little worth of little software like iClone, Daz, Blender, Milkshape, Poser, etcetera. They get my work done even for commercial ads on my local TV channels.

And this (I haven't yet had time to test out the new features properly) would definitely increase my output, as now I would be able to animate MY characters within iClone.

Many thanks to Reallusion.

And hi to Peter, who is one of the most patient and coolest moderators across the Internet I have experienced.

Cloner's Cafe

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

surajit (3/13/2013)
And hi to Peter, who is one of the most patient and coolest moderators across the Internet I have experienced.

Hi Surajit,

Thank you for the kind words.

Great to hear you are enjoying the new update. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic