iClone and Windows 8

Posted By RobertoColombo 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
RobertoColombo
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Does iClonePro 5 64-bit beta runs on Windows 8 as well ?

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

animagic
animagic
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
According to what I've read, Windows 8 Pro is based on W7 (with a new jacket) so that shouldn't be a problem. Provided that there are updated graphics drivers, codecs, etc. And, let's not forget, a W8 compatible version of DirectX 9. I'm holding off of 8 for a while. W7 runs marvelously on my system. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
We have tested the following products and they are all compatible with Windows 8. Smile

CrazyTalk6
CrazyTalk7 (PC version)
CrazyTalk Animator
iClone4
iClone5
3DXchange5
Mocap Device Plugin
popVideo Converter
FaceFilter Studio 2
FaceFilter3 PRO

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thanks for the confirmation

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

eovia3d
eovia3d
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
negative

I hereby confirm that iClone 4 Pro is NOT working on Windows 8 Pro 64bit

It starts and crashes right after the splash screen.

My question is, does that have something to do with graphics card, perhaps?

I might need to add, HP is very lazy to supply end users with latest ATI graphics drivers.

If my intel HD won't run iClone, is there a way to hack into the configuration to use vertex shader as startup? Or a batch config for us to download?

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Well, Windows 8 here runs iClone Pro 5 like lightning. I run a Pick-n-Mix dell with nVidea. I cant say that would be a global issue, but as far as Windows 8 goes, I installed Windows 8, Wrote out all Metro irritances, installed iClone 5 and along with (really luckily) ALL my other graphics programs and video editors and audio stuff, everything works very well.

Window's 8's annnoyances are easily killed btw.

animagic
animagic
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
If it is an HP supplied graphics card it might be underpowered or not kept up-to-date. Did you try updating through nVidia directly? Their wbsite has an option to recognize your card and then update the drivers. Before you do that it is best to set a restore point.

If iClone crashes does it give any indication which module is at fault? You may be able to deduce from that if it is the graphics driver.

I'm running iClone 4 under Windows 7, which is not that different from Windows 8. Microsoft's Windows 8 compatibility website says that iClone 4 is compatible. So it looks like a graphics card issue.

You might try to start Windows 8 in safe mode (if that still exists) and see if iClone 4 will run. (It might not because the graphics drivers are not loaded.) That would allow you to set shading to Quick, which would then persist when you start iClone regularly.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

warlord720
warlord720
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I use HP almost exclusively the past several years. I have 5 in a rack with stock video cards that render out my projects on all 3D apps. The video card is not important to me for that if I'm rendering straight to disk with no realtime rendering involved.

However... my main work computer and backup have either nVidia 570 or 580 in them and I update the drivers regularly like animagic suggests. I do believe the 570 is a better alternative than the price of the 580 for iClone renders as it seems to have all the features I need and much less cost of the 580.

Updating graphics drivers has made a big difference for me at times. Others times not so much but when you need it... the update can be a life saver.

Very glad to hear about no Win8 major problems as I am going to have to mix in 8 with all my Win 7 machines eventually. I hope this is not a major problem either as past flavors of Windows didn't play so well together for network rendering on the engines that are setup for that.

--------------------------------------------------
I LIVE to anymate, irritate and machinamate. Not necessarily in that order.

Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Smile

I'm holding off on Win8 as well. I'm not seeing a big improvement in the Os and Win7 works just fine. I know I'll have to get it eventually (Damn you Microsoft), but I can afford to wait while everything is working properly. Same with the Iclone patches. Why would I want to take a chance on losing the work I have "in the mill"?

Tongue I'm old....I don't have the time to re-shoot everything I do so I'll hang where I'm at until it all begins to stabilize. Wink

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee

Edited
12 Years Ago by peterblood
Snitch Johnson
Snitch Johnson
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago

I purchase windows 8 i7 Toshiba to render files, all file video files and images come out black with white spots. Am I missing a driver ? Please help.

Reading This Topic