3DXchange 5.1 - Now Available

Posted By Peter (RL) 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Cricky
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
There are other threads devoted directly to Pipeline exports to other programs, but none directly titled for problems inside 3DXchange5 Pipeline.

Simple problem #1:
When resetting the transform scale of an item, the scale does not always go to 100%; in fact most of the time it has to be clicked multiple times. I sometimes have to hit another button such as "Align to ground", and then "Reset Transform" again, and it works...but only after repeated clicks.

More Problematic #2:

I just recently attempted to convert a known working model of an FBX Boned and Animated prop to a Non-Human, NOT Non-Standard, so don't confuse the two.

I had done this same Lion before in 3DXchange4 without a problem using the exact same rigging. Now the model mesh folds up into itself and only the "Hind Legs Work" and the lion is more or less kicking it self in the neck with those two legs.

I can't edit the bone motion layers inside iClone on a walking prop unless it gets converted first; so there is the rub. I want to use it's existing walk Cycle instead of having to rebuild one.

This is the Model (video below) I am referring to, that was, and is still working as a NON-HUMAN from iClone4 and 3DXchange4 that allows me bone motion editing inside iClone. It has been re-purposed using another model on the same rig that works the same, until the conversion attempt is made inside 3DXchange5 and it folds in on itself. The walk cycle is preset imported animation that works fine as a perform function until the conversion attempt is made.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Thanks for the report Cricky. I have passed this to the 3DXchange team to look into.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

OnlyOneKenobi
OnlyOneKenobi
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I seem to have encountered a bug in 3dXchange Pipeline 5.1, when I export to obj, even if "export selected only" is ticked, 3dxchange then exports the whole mesh. Makes life a little difficult, especially when you want to work on a head \ upper \ lower in isolation and not the entire mesh.

I also tested by unticking the "export selected" and it seems to make no difference - tried different avatars - even went so far as to uninstall 3dxchange and re-installed the unpatched version 5.01 which works fine, but then has other issues. I then reapplied the patch and once again, I can't export the selected component - just the whole mesh.

PLease fix asap...

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

OnlyOneKenobi (10/17/2012)
I seem to have encountered a bug in 3dXchange Pipeline 5.1, when I export to obj, even if "export selected only" is ticked, 3dxchange then exports the whole mesh. Makes life a little difficult, especially when you want to work on a head \ upper \ lower in isolation and not the entire mesh.

I also tested by unticking the "export selected" and it seems to make no difference - tried different avatars - even went so far as to uninstall 3dxchange and re-installed the unpatched version 5.01 which works fine, but then has other issues. I then reapplied the patch and once again, I can't export the selected component - just the whole mesh.

PLease fix asap...

The development team are aware of this issue and will fix it as soon as possible in the next update.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for the feedback.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Cricky (9/26/2012)

Simple problem #1:
When resetting the transform scale of an item, the scale does not always go to 100%; in fact most of the time it has to be clicked multiple times. I sometimes have to hit another button such as "Align to ground", and then "Reset Transform" again, and it works...but only after repeated clicks.

The development team have so far been unable to reproduce this problem. If you have a workflow that can reproduce the issue, please let us know. Thanks.

More Problematic #2:

I just recently attempted to convert a known working model of an FBX Boned and Animated prop to a Non-Human, NOT Non-Standard, so don't confuse the two.

I had done this same Lion before in 3DXchange4 without a problem using the exact same rigging. Now the model mesh folds up into itself and only the "Hind Legs Work" and the lion is more or less kicking it self in the neck with those two legs.

I can't edit the bone motion layers inside iClone on a walking prop unless it gets converted first; so there is the rub. I want to use it's existing walk Cycle instead of having to rebuild one.

This is the Model (video below) I am referring to, that was, and is still working as a NON-HUMAN from iClone4 and 3DXchange4 that allows me bone motion editing inside iClone. It has been re-purposed using another model on the same rig that works the same, until the conversion attempt is made inside 3DXchange5 and it folds in on itself. The walk cycle is preset imported animation that works fine as a perform function until the conversion attempt is made.

Again we haven't been able to reproduce this issue inhouse and converting to non-human has worked as expected in our testing. Can you perhaps supply us a link to download the model you had problems with so we can try and reproduce this issue. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

animagic
animagic
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

OnlyOneKenobi (10/17/2012)

PLease fix asap...

Another way to modify components is to select something in the tree on the left, such as Face for the head, and then do an Export Mesh. This will give you an obj file with the head. You can then make your changes, save the obj file and do a Replace Mesh. That's how I do my head modeling, but I guess it will work for other parts as well.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Cricky
Cricky
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (10/21/2012)
Cricky (9/26/2012)

Simple problem #1:

The development team have so far been unable to reproduce this problem. If you have a workflow that can reproduce the issue, please let us know. Thanks.

This is a Video of what I said is happening. I just wanted the issue to be known as an ongoing thing that hasn't changed. Doesn't matter what it is, the Transform key scales have a mind of their own. I can work around it by clicking until the scale says 100.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Cricky (10/22/2012)

This is a Video of what I said is happening. I just wanted the issue to be known as an ongoing thing that hasn't changed. Doesn't matter what it is, the Transform key scales have a mind of their own. I can work around it by clicking until the scale says 100.

Thanks Cricky for the video.

This has been passed to the 3DXchange5 team so they can investigate further.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic