Bring Daz Genesis Characters to iClone - Introductory Content Pack

Posted By Visconti 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Bring Daz Genesis Characters to iClone - Introductory Content Pack

Author
jamijrodca
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Hi guys, Im a DAZ user and I already have most of the bundle content, but Im not -yet- an IClone User .   Do you know if I can test the DAZ integration with the iClone Trail and my Daz content?

Any DAZ content can be imported ? or the iClone is a special version of DAz characters?

What are the steps to import them? I couldnt find an import option in IClone trial

Thank you!

animagic
animagic
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
jamijrodca (6/15/2012)
Hi guys, Im a DAZ user and I already have most of the bundle content, but Im not -yet- an IClone User .   Do you know if I can test the DAZ integration with the iClone Trail and my Daz content?

Any DAZ content can be imported ? or the iClone is a special version of DAz characters?

What are the steps to import them? I couldnt find an import option in IClone trial

Thank you!

Welcome!

Import into iClone requires a separate application called 3DXchange. There is a trial version for that as well: http://www.reallusion.com/download.asp. It says it's the PRO version (which you need), so you should be able to test this out.

The character import works best for DAZ Genesis. You need to export as FBX from DAZ and then import into 3DXchange. In 3DXchange there is a conversion step. On the right is an option for Non-standard Character. Select that and then select the Profile for DAZ Genesis.

There is more about this process here: http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/3dx/3dx_features_character.aspx. There are also tutorials, but I don't have a link handy.

Note that there is currently no facial animation; this will be available in a future free update.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

jamijrodca
jamijrodca
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Thank you! I will try this right away!

How does  IClone handles facial animation? does it use bones? or morphs?

In bones case,  I imagine somehow the Daz characters will receive extra-bones and rigging

when imported to IClone?

Thanks

rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
How do you get the textures to carry onver from daz?

I do the whole shader baker thing and the textures from the cloths and skin carry but not the eyes, lips and eye lashes.

It says they are available in the "root" folder and they are there but cannot be loaded because they are not in iMaterial format.  

rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Is there a problem with the Michael 5 and Victoria 5 models being imported into 3dx?

Every time I import my FBX into 3dx, the hierarchy loads but the model is completely invisible, also, there is a "file input error" message upon loading.

rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

ok, I purchased M5 and V5 during the sale and now. 3dX will not load any new characterrs I create in DAZ.

Ther previous characters I created still load fine, but any new character crashes 3Dx or the file loads but the character is invisible??

Cricky
Cricky
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
rcsinger29 (7/6/2012)
ok, I purchased M5 and V5 during the sale and now. 3dX will not load any new characterrs I create in DAZ.

Ther previous characters I created still load fine, but any new character crashes 3Dx or the file loads but the character is invisible??

Try re-sizing all images to 1024x1024 or 2048x2048. Try the smaller 1st, and don't select the adjust materials automatically when importing. You can always adjust and embed after import.

Go into the export folder you used for DAZ, usually FBM that matches the character name, and re-size your images to something that is more reasonably sized. It's likely the output size from DAZ is 3000x3000 regardless of the size you say you want.. FBX export from DAZ Studio is not quite stable.

The version you are using would help answer also, as DAZ has recently released Studio 4.5 in two separate versions.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

4.5 is the version I have now.

The textures are 512/512 I believe, there is also a file import error.

edit: these are the errors when baking RTR Fiery Genesis

ERROR: 3Delight Process exited abnormally: "C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/bin/tdlmake.exe -ushort -bakeres 512 -nomipmap C:/Users/Scott/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/1_SkinFace.bake C:/Users/Scott/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/1_SkinFace.tif"

tdlmake: cannot open input file 'C:/Users/Scott/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/1_SkinFace.bake'

tdlmake: error while making texture file

Also, when you purchase a bundle such as M5, rathr than having one installation package, each individual product must be installed individually, the product, then the metadata, blah blah. It doesnt indicate an order to install, is this a potential problem, such as installing the metadata before the actual product?

edit 2: Reinstalled daz 4.5

Log fine error upon export

Error exporting file: C Exception: Memory Access Violation - Attempted to read memory at address 0x00000000
Failed to export file: C:\Animation Assets\Characters\sci fi trial.fbx
 Unhandled exception during operation

When saving the Daz file, upon close, launch, and reopen file, some of the textures cannot be found.

Edited
12 Years Ago by rcsinger29
rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I uninstalled Daz 4.5 and installed 4.0 XX and it works now??

Related Question:

I built a "superman" character using Michael 5 in Daz, colored his skin (I dont have supersuit) added the elvis cape, and created a decent looking superman for iClone.

I cannot load the texture in photoshop to add the superman logo to the torso and I pasted it to the cape but it did not carry over.

Is it a no-no to upload the iAvatar (zip) since it was created from purchased Daz content? Not to sell, just to let others have it if they like (freebie) and to see if someone else can add the logo?

Edited
12 Years Ago by rcsinger29
rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I got the logo on the cape

But still cant get it on the torso, I tried the layer tool in Daz but it crashed

Reading This Topic