Profile Picture

Wishful Content

Posted By Peter (RL) 12 Years Ago
Rated 4 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
ContentDude
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
wizaerd (5/29/2012)
Over the weekend I was looking for different combat motion libraries, and came upon a startling discovery. Most, if not all, the combat motion libraries available frpom RL and even the City Marketplace all take one side of the combat. There's a whole slew of kicks, and punches, and different combat moves from the aggressor or the hitter, but not nearly as many available for the victim, or the hit-ee. Take a look at the combat packs, and they're very very one sided. Oh sure you might find the rare motion of the guy who was just kicked or punched, but they're are very rare. Hardly any motions for being knocked out, harldy any motions for the loser of the fight...

So my content wish is for more balanced combat packs, with plenty of hits, and kicks but just as many falls and impacts...

Actually, there are a bunch of packs that covered victim, hit and defeated motions in both Content Store and Marketplace.  Here are a list of them:

Fantasy: Dungeon Quest and Evil Force http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/csproduct.aspx?contentid=icmFEFtribe

Medieval: Hundred Years War http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/csproduct.aspx?contentid=icmDefeatedSoldier

Horror: http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/csproduct.aspx?contentid=AIC300DIENU030120100507001

and more...

Andronizer
Andronizer
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
I hope that in the next version of iClone it`ll be possible to import camera movements (from Boujou, Syntheyes...), so it will become a really powerful program!
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
wizaerd (5/29/2012)
Over the weekend I was looking for different combat motion libraries, and came upon a startling discovery. Most, if not all, the combat motion libraries available frpom RL and even the City Marketplace all take one side of the combat. There's a whole slew of kicks, and punches, and different combat moves from the aggressor or the hitter, but not nearly as many available for the victim, or the hit-ee. Take a look at the combat packs, and they're very very one sided. Oh sure you might find the rare motion of the guy who was just kicked or punched, but they're are very rare. Hardly any motions for being knocked out, harldy any motions for the loser of the fight...

So my content wish is for more balanced combat packs, with plenty of hits, and kicks but just as many falls and impacts...

Just to add to what ContentDude said earlier, you can use the Marketplace Catalog to find certain categories of content. Just click the link below and select "Victim" to find the content available.

http://city.reallusion.com/catalog.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

RobertoColombo (6/4/2012)
What about an extension of special effects library ? Something that can come close to the effect that can be created with HitFilm...

Apart from this, I really would like to see a better Director Mode, which has on-screen movement and perform control likewise we have for the Physic Tool package.
The WASD keys are not as user-friendly as some on-screen set of controllers...

Cheers

Future updates to iClone5 will try to add a "Hot Key" mode to improve functionality in Director Mode. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
One wishful content is a set of cloneCloth (for those of us who do not use 3Ds Max) that responds to the motion of the character, for example, templates for open jackets/shirts, so that when the character is walking, the open jacket/shirt would react to the wind. 

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
ALLOW repurchase of items online.

All it needs is  aprompter window that says, "YOU HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED THIS ITEM. ARE YOU SURE YOU WISH TYO REPURCHASE IT NOW?"

I needed a set, I could not relocate it. I lost two hours hunting. For the sake of a few dollars I could have repurchased it and carried on with the work at hand.

Armstrong.

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

When hitting the DELETE ALL ANIMATION button, make it so that where we're stopped on the timeline becomes frame 1.

That is, on a 30 second take, at the progressive point of frame 900 (30 seconds @ 30 fps) we hit DELETE ALL ANIMATION and THAT frame becomes frame 1 BUT everything IN that take moment is kept.

Result? Progressive take by take progress espeially in conversations where elements of the scene are adapted to its forward momentum.
Benefits: It cancels out the timeloss of rebuild / reposition of props and characters.

Armstrong.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Armstrong (10/31/2012)
ALLOW repurchase of items online.

All it needs is  aprompter window that says, "YOU HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED THIS ITEM. ARE YOU SURE YOU WISH TYO REPURCHASE IT NOW?"

I needed a set, I could not relocate it. I lost two hours hunting. For the sake of a few dollars I could have repurchased it and carried on with the work at hand.

Armstrong.

Hi Armstrong,

All your purchased content packs should show up in your Member Account. There you will find a download link that you can use to re-download anything you can no longer locate. Likewise for the Marketplace, all your purchases show up in the Inventory where you can select them again and download.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

i Peter,  I DID look, but I couldn't findit at the time. I'll recheck! Ta!

Shaky
Shaky
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I would like to see better glass material, or a different way of doing glass. To me, that is the weakest part of iClone. Well, that and water. BigGrin

Reading This Topic