iClone 5.1 & Microsoft Kinect SDK Beta2 Feedbacks

Posted By Visconti 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
MakeMeZing (2/27/2012)
Hi,

I updated to v5.12 and have now been unable to use the mocap to produce movements which involve the avatar moving in two planes (e.g. hopping, turning etc) is it possible to revert back to v5.11 as I was able to capture these movements in that?

Thanks

Which Kinect sensor and driver combination are you using?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

MakeMeZing
MakeMeZing
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
I'm using a Kinect for Xbox sensor and Micorsoft Kinect SDK Beta. This is what the RL support told me to use and worked fine with v5.11 but then I lost the range of movement when I updated to v5.12
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

MakeMeZing (2/28/2012)
I'm using a Kinect for Xbox sensor and Micorsoft Kinect SDK Beta. This is what the RL support told me to use and worked fine with v5.11 but then I lost the range of movement when I updated to v5.12

Thanks for clarifying.

I would advise contacting Support about this issue as they may have a solution. You should be able to use v5.12 with the Microsoft Kinect SDK Beta 2.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

If you really want to drop back to v5.11 then you can do so but you will need to uninstall iClone5 first. You can then download the latest v5.1 installer from your Account and then only patch to v5.11.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

MakeMeZing
MakeMeZing
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)

I've emailed support again as I did flag it to them 2 weeks ago so hopefully they'll have some developments.
Thank you for your help Peter
hgagne
hgagne
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
MakeMeZing (2/29/2012)
I've emailed support again as I did flag it to them 2 weeks ago so hopefully they'll have some developments.
Thank you for your help Peter

I'm using IC5.12 and have been successful in using the XB360 Kinect with both the OpenNI and MS SDK BETA2. 

I did have to remove the OpenNI/PrimeSense driver packages from Program & Features (aka Add/Remove Programs) as well as the RL Mocap package before installing the RL MS SDK BETA2 Mocap package.  To switch back, I removed the Kinect related packages and the RL Mocap package.

Once I received the Windows Kinect devices that I ordered, I removed all the previous Mocap related packages, installed the RL Windows Kinect Mocap package which installed the retail MS SDK with success.

Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
Dual 22" LCD Monitors

iClone 5.5 Pro, 3DXchange 5.5 Pipeline, CrazyTalk & Animator Pro
Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite 2014
Adobe Production Premium CS6

Edited
12 Years Ago by hgagne
MakeMeZing
MakeMeZing
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I'm using IC5.12 and have been successful in using the XB360 Kinect with both the OpenNI and MS SDK BETA2.

I did have to remove the OpenNI/PrimeSense driver packages from Program & Features (aka Add/Remove Programs) as well as the RL Mocap package before installing the RL MS SDK BETA2 Mocap package. To switch back, I removed the Kinect related packages and the RL Mocap package.

Once I received the Windows Kinect devices that I ordered, I removed all the previous Mocap related packages, installed the RL Windows Kinect Mocap package which installed the retail MS SDK with success.

I have now removed everything and reinstalled iClone v5.11 pro, mocap v1.1 (MS beta) and MS kinect 1.0 beta2 SDK. Do I need to install anything else e.g the primesense driver to get the mocap working properly??

Please note I can get the mocap to work its just the character is not picking up turning motions (which the demo shows that it can http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF8C2A1tKtg - 37 secs in)

Thank you for your help so far
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Just to add you should be able to find answers to most mocap related questions HERE if you are still encountering any installation issues.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic