iClone 5.1 & Microsoft Kinect SDK Beta2 Feedbacks

Posted By Visconti 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
animagic
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 hours ago
shug17uk (1/9/2012)
No - the new mocap is Win 7 only - I tried it and it doesn't work - it comes up with a warning saying it isn't compatible half way through the install

That sounds kind of limiting. Can RL confer?

EDIT: OK I read the original announcement; Windows 7 only.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
12 Years Ago by animagic
Visconti
Visconti
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Dear Users

The Open NI still works in Windows XP & Vista with these great 5.1 enhancements.
You may check out the table below. There are only two features missed in Open NI system.
But for Kinect SDK Beta 2, it only works in Win7.

Visconti
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.
https://forum.reallusion.com

funfunfun
funfunfun
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Just following up...once I hit preview or record, the character seems to float up a couple of feet in the air.

Anybody have similar experiences or does anyone including Reallusion know how to alleviate the floating?

Thanks!
shug17uk
shug17uk
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Quick update - I dunno what I did but it works on the desktop which is good but I really need it to work on the laptop.

I have emailed the support team.

I have it all installed and it so nearly works. When I start the mocap plug in it starts up and then crashes. Wondered if it was the firewall ?
bg38
bg38
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
tech support sent me two files they asked me to update in my ms mocap plugin folder. i did as they suggested, and now my new plugin works. Smile
the movements are a bit jerky but at least i have some progress more so than before.
My thanks to the tech support team.

Photobucket
shug17uk
shug17uk
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)

When I start the mocap plug-in it fails to connect and then I get a windows message that the plug-in "has stopped working" and that windows is looking for a solution to the problem.

Is this what others are/were getting?

Oddly - It is all working on the desktop but need it to work on the laptop.
bg38
bg38
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
thats exactly what mine was doing, and tech support gave me two files to update in my mocap plugin folder. that may be what you have to do. contact them and send them a dxdiag log and they should be able to help you. It got mine to working

Photobucket
Edited
12 Years Ago by bg38
funfunfun
funfunfun
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Just following up...once I hit preview or record in the new mocap, the character seems to float up a couple of feet in the air.

Anybody (including at Reallusion) have similar experiences or does anyone including Reallusion know how to alleviate the floating?

Thanks for your help.
shug17uk
shug17uk
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hello,

I hope you all dont mind me posting in with my problems?

After many emails back and forth to support I have nearly cracked it! I updated the graphics card drivers on the laptop and win 7. Support emailed me two files to update in the mo-cap folder.

I can do mo-cap but there are two strange issues to overcome. Firstly the 'skeleton' and the 'infra red' version of me dont line up. I'll attach an screen grab. lol! I am sitting at the laptop as I dont have an assistant! he he

And like others when I do add the avatar he leaps up off the floor and is very 'jumpy' reminds me of Max Headroom! so not really usable, yet. Sad to say - I REALLY want (and need) this too work.
Attachments
003.jpg (96 views, 52.00 KB)
Capemedia
Capemedia
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Film and Music Producer

Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I don't own a Kinect yet (This is on my wish list for 2012) however I'm lending one in a couple of days to try it out.

Will report back my findings Smile

Score Variations

Capemedia UK Limited's Website

Reading This Topic