Profile Picture

Accesory swap to other hand

Posted By trothe 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
trothe
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (335 reputation)Senior Member (335 reputation)Senior Member (335 reputation)Senior Member (335 reputation)Senior Member (335 reputation)Senior Member (335 reputation)Senior Member (335 reputation)Senior Member (335 reputation)Senior Member (335 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
I want to change a golf club from one hand to the other during an animation. How the hell do you do it?
duchess110
duchess110
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Edited as Cricky seems to have shown a good example of how to do what you needed.

Duchess Designs Store 

Edited
13 Years Ago by duchess110
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
trothe (11/1/2011)
I want to change a golf club from one hand to the other during an animation. How the hell do you do it?

By using Link, the process is simple.

Link the Club to whatever hand you want to control it.

When the actors motion layer is in a position to release to the other hand, go a few frames forward (20) and then unlink the club. Pause doing any motion layer edits; Now advance a few more frames (20 or so) and link the club to the other hand; Now continue with motion layer edits.

This will allow transition from one body part to the next, whereas attaching does not.

I see other solutions were advised, so you now have a choice. I was posting when I saw Duchess had posted while I was typing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm6gXQJVAJ4

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Edited
13 Years Ago by Cricky
colour
colour
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Good to see Cricky continues to help us all, with his very many quick Tuts, in response to problems Posted by other Users.

Thanks, CrickySmile

Cricky (11/1/2011)
trothe (11/1/2011)

By using Link, the process is simple.

Link the Club to whatever hand you want to control it.

When the actors motion layer is in a position to release to the other hand, go a few frames forward (20) and then unlink the club. Pause doing any motion layer edits; Now advance a few more frames (20 or so) and link the club to the other hand; Now continue with motion layer edits.

This will allow transition from one body part to the next, whereas attaching does not.

I see other solutions were advised, so you now have a choice. I was posting when I saw Duchess had posted while I was typing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm6gXQJVAJ4

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reading This Topic