Posted By bluemidget666 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Just a quick step by step Daz Genesis to Iclone walk through

Author
bluemidget666
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi 

This is just a quick tutorial on how to get a Daz Genesis character with animation into Iclone via FBX and 3Dexchange

1: Load Daz and create you Genesis Character with morphs ….

2: Open the aniMate2 tab under the file menu Window / Tabs. Drag any of the aniBlock animations you wish to use onto the animate2 time line. Right click on the darker Gray colour above the numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 et.... A menu should appear saying “Bake to studio KeyFrames” click this.

Now open up the Timeline editor under Windows / Tabs and you should see a large number of small black triangles. You should now close the aniMate2 tab.

You may need to alter the Total number of frames in the bottom left corner to accommodate all of the animation.

3: Now go to file and Export and select Autodesk FBX and give it a file name then press save, a dialogue box will appear. Set yours to look like to image below and press accept.

4: Once the export has finished save your project and close Daz Studio 4 and open 3Dexchange pro. You can now drag your Character.FBX file into the 3Dexchange work area. A dialogue box will appear. Set yours to the setting below and press OK. It may then show a dialogue box about exceeding 30,000 face count, just press OK.

5: Once the character is in 3dexchange it will be on its back. Go to the Rotate box on the right and in the first box exchange 0.0 for 90.0. When the character is the right way up press the play button on the bottom of the screen to see your animation. Also at this point you may want to set the Specular of you characters textures to 0 to stop him/her looking like plastic.

6:Click on Auto Smooth to take away any ruff edges then Convert to Character. Just click ok to any dialogue box that appears after, then goto File and export. Below are the settings I use for export, you can save where ever you want but the important things are that the motion files are not moved after export or Iclone will need you to tell them where you put them and that you select ALL under export options.

7: Close 3Dexchange open Iclone, goto Actor/Avatar and Import from where you saved it . Once in right click on your character and goto Perform …..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyp1vKeHhuw and here is the vid ... hope it helps

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin

Edited
13 Years Ago by bluemidget666
namunger
namunger
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Great info - I've been importing DAZ props all night, it's nice to have a way to get characters in as well! One more reason I need to upgrade to the Pro version of 3DExchange.

----

Borrowind
Borrowind
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (692 reputation)Veteran Member (692 reputation)Veteran Member (692 reputation)Veteran Member (692 reputation)Veteran Member (692 reputation)Veteran Member (692 reputation)Veteran Member (692 reputation)Veteran Member (692 reputation)Veteran Member (692 reputation)

Very cool. Thanks. How well does it work with clothed DAZ figures?

________
* MyClone -- free stuff and news for users of iClone, CrazyTalk Animator, and more!

Edited
13 Years Ago by Borrowind
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Hi

Clothing can be a hit or miss affair on my system at least. The high polly count and large textures usually kills 3Dexchange (I have a feeling its the textures). There is no polly reduction tool for Daz studio 4 (YET) the one in the game developers kit does not work in DS4 but Texture Atlas does.

I am still playing so if I find a way to bring clothes in 100% of the time without killing 3Dexchange I will let you know. Note though they may work fine on a higher spec system than on mine.

shygirl
shygirl
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Very detailed info bluemidget, look forward to trying this out.

Shy

"O wad some Power the gift tae gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!"

animatom
animatom
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Thank you.
Just a little warning: be sure that you choose FBX 2010 version in export options. If you choose 2012, you will end up with two days of smashing head on the the walls, screens and innocent bystanders.
I know...

Edited
13 Years Ago by animatom
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Good goood good I am glad people found it useful..Smile

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Interesting.  I certainly like the morph capabilties of the Genesis model, and really wish iClone characters could be morphed as fully.  But being able to only create and include characters nude or with skintight clothing isnt as much value to me.  Still interesting though, and thanx for your research!
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi

Clothed characters can be brought in, just on my system I have to play and play and play to get them to not crash 3Dexchange. A higher spec system may well have no problem at all. Though clothed characters are going to be hogs on memory and the like. I am playing with ways to bring clothed characters in with as little polly and texture overheads as possible.

Right now though even if all this came together the lack of facial animations makes the uses limited...

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Is there no facial animation possible at all?  Not so much emotional type animations, but blinking and lip synching isn;t possible either?

Reading This Topic