Technical Issues

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic250998.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Realtimer (RL) - 9 Years Ago
Have any issues with the Character Creator tool? Impossible!  Ok, ok... then report them here for our team to hear about them and fix them up for the next update. 

NOTE: Please remember to be detailed and specific with your issues so that our team can replicate the problem. Also, make sure that you have first checked that your PC system has all the necessary system requirements, and tested your issues then, before reporting a bug. For more information, go HERE

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3aaaa28f-5aad-489a-934f-7dce.png

By rguy - 9 Years Ago

I don't qualify for the update today (

6.2.2102 ) but my systems been running pretty well with the other versions - I had a mad blitz of company while I was trying to install this am and installed it anyway  in that quagmire of that activity - UGH ! I Know - But anyway The Character Builder is the only thing that doesn't work - Hopefully it's in error of the program and theirs a fix because I was looking forward to getting the new upgrades. I'm posting here in case any one else has a similar problem being that it's the first day of the release ! System Data Attached - The Exchange upgrade was fine -
 but
The main lesson I've found in life is that if it's Bigger and Better , I don't qualify ! lol !

By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
I just realized that the "Décal option"  (tool) is not available in the free current version of "Character Créator". Will we have to wait a paid version?https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/667b4cd9-0bfd-44d0-bf92-ff53.jpg
By Delerna - 9 Years Ago

Character creator is a fantastic tool and I am going to have a great weekend using it. One thing I have noticed in the couple of hours I have had playing with it is that when you send the character to iclone the hair has physics (which worked well once I adjusted the collision shape on the character) but the clothing doesn't. I thought "that's OK I just need to activate cloth physics and add a weight map to the jacket". So went to the materials tab and discovered that there is no Physics tab in the modify panel when I select a CC character. It is there if I load and select Heidi but when I select the CC character it is gone.

Maybe I have done something wrong? or this is coming later? or its coming never?
I hope it's not the third option.
Anyway I can see I will be having a lot of fun with this tool for a while before I start to really miss that but it would be nice to know the answer.
Hoping it was me doing something wrong.

By JimmyB7 - 9 Years Ago
Agonos (9/3/2015)
I just realized that the "Décal option"  (tool) is not available in the free current version of "Character Créator". Will we have to wait a paid version?https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/667b4cd9-0bfd-44d0-bf92-ff53.jpg

It’s there, just click the “Appearance” icon, and then “Activate Appearance Editor”, “Actor”, “Skin_Body”, and “Decal”.  Also, it appears you have to do this everytime for a new project.

By brothertcoleman - 9 Years Ago
Mine wont work at all and the content packs I purchased wont work(The start button wont work)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d209ea34-e0a5-4a8e-b19d-33c1.png
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bed021f6-6cd8-4305-accd-ffe1.png
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a7412db5-069d-4bcf-af95-6976.png
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1b7b2fdc-45fe-4a0d-84ea-21f3.png
By brothertcoleman - 9 Years Ago
"Go into the members page and click patch and registration. Click patch and bonus and check the bottom for the character creator."

This suggestion worked ,I'm all good now.
By Rampa - 9 Years Ago
I'm not showing any of the input maps for the dress. They are active, and display using the diagnostic, but the thumbnails are missing. The thumbnails should appear right above the "Normal Strength" slider.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bfb4285d-6da2-45ee-a0da-fc3d.jpg
By Rampa - 9 Years Ago
rampa (9/4/2015)
I'm not showing any of the input maps for the dress. They are active, and display using the diagnostic, but the thumbnails are missing. The thumbnails should appear right above the "Normal Strength" slider.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bfb4285d-6da2-45ee-a0da-fc3d.jpg

I'm also missing the thumbs for importing decals. All the "input" options are not available.
By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
rampa (2015-09-04)
rampa (9/4/2015)

I'm also missing the thumbs for importing decals. All the "input" options are not available.

To access this option, I think we must buy "CC Essential Complete bundle" : http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/character-creator/content.html#essential
But this bundle lack choice as haircut.

By Cricky - 9 Years Ago
GIZMO

Although active in the program options, it doesn't show up at all... 
By JIX - 9 Years Ago

If you have the Super Substance Tools, you can use that decal tool inside iClone. Just made a quick test. Seems to work for the CC clothing.

By Bigboss - 9 Years Ago

The Avatar Toolkit 2 does not recognize the characters from the Avatar Creator so I am unable to associate facial profiles to the Avatar Controller Sad

By Cricky - 9 Years Ago
Something is getting dropped on return trips between iClone and CC

Step One:  I created a CC Character, then sent it to iClone.
Step Two:  I added a Soft Cloth Accessory and tested it, and it worked fine, and sent it back to Character Creator, made a few material changes to the Base CC character, not the accessory.
Step Three:  I returned the character back to iClone, and the Soft Cloth which worked fine before, will no longer work. Applying the same weight maps and Collision shapes that were saved prior to sending to CC, does not help, as they no longer work on essentially the same model.

By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
Cricky (2015-09-05)
Something is getting dropped on return trips between iClone and CC

Step One:  I created a CC Character, then sent it to iClone.
Step Two:  I added a Soft Cloth Accessory and tested it, and it worked fine, and sent it back to Character Creator, made a few material changes to the Base CC character, not the accessory.
Step Three:  I returned the character back to iClone, and the Soft Cloth which worked fine before, will no longer work. Applying the same weight maps and Collision shapes that were saved prior to sending to CC, does not help, as they no longer work on essentially the same model.

Indeed. It would be nice if the software "Character Creator" includes accessories, clothes and haircut installed in the software "iClone 6" to avoid "round trips". Or perhaps should we reinstall the clothes and accessories to see them appear in "Caracter Creator"  ? It is clear that the bridge between the two software is not yet at the top. But I must admit that the team of "Reallusion" already promising a great job.
By justaviking - 9 Years Ago
I wasn't sure where best to post this.  I can turn this into multiple posts if someone wants to make recommendations.
  • Some sliders seem "backward."  Usually sliding "left" (negative) would make something smaller.  But in "Actor Parts --> CC_Base_Teeth --> Bottom Teeth Length" for example, smaller numbers make large teeth, and large values make small teeth.  Odd.
  • When you pull the jaw back (Full Head --> Face Angle, for example) the teeth and tongue can protrude though the lips and chin.  It is fixable in other areas (Head --> Cavity) but I was surprised the inner parts of the mouth did not follow the exterior.  In my attached picture, I have pulled the lower teeth back, but not the tongue.
  • Where do you adjust the tongue position?  I want to pull that back, but I cannot find anything (other than color) for the tongue.  Hopefully I'm just missing it.  If it's not there, then it should be added as a control, just like how you can move the teeth.
  • Where would I go to adjust the texture?  Eyebrows, in particular.  In this picture, I don't like the "smeared" eyebrow that goes way down to the eyelid, and would like to paint that out, making it "skin."  I was expecting to see an "Edit image" button to launch an external paint program, like Photoshop or GIMP.  I can view the UV maps, but not the textures.  Do I need to get a more expensive version of CC to do that?  Or watch a training tutorial?

I may have overloaded this post, but I didn't want to overwhelm the CC forum section with too many little individual posts yet, either.

I'm enjoying the tool.  Smile

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d1682484-cde3-42cf-8ff1-d78e.jpg 

By Cricky - 9 Years Ago
I agree, the sliders are in need of attention as they are not consistent.

Next issue is the Eyes: 
Someone needs to check the Cornea as it doesn't stay connected with the eyeball, or it sticks out above the eyelid when the character blinks.  I'm sure this is related to the eye shape, but it should be accounted for as eye shape is an option in the CC.

I also noticed that the Visemes are completely different for the CC Characters than any others in iClone/3dXchange under the expression editor.  The invisibility of the skin, to edit the tongue, doesn't work so well either.  The Visemes option inside iClone shows the full range or available edits, yet they can't be corrected inside 3dXchange.

I did a few edits to the material of a character inside iClone, and although changes are seen, there are no keys on the time line to indicate these changes, in order to correct them later.  Not one key is visible for the CC Character materials in iClone6 except the 1st key; I made constant changes thinking it had a magic number that had to be edited before it recognized changes , but it didn't work.. no keys are recorded.

By Peter (RL) - 9 Years Ago
rguy (9/3/2015)

I don't qualify for the update today (

6.2.2102 ) but my systems been running pretty well with the other versions - I had a mad blitz of company while I was trying to install this am and installed it anyway  in that quagmire of that activity - UGH ! I Know - But anyway The Character Builder is the only thing that doesn't work - Hopefully it's in error of the program and theirs a fix because I was looking forward to getting the new upgrades. I'm posting here in case any one else has a similar problem being that it's the first day of the release ! System Data Attached - The Exchange upgrade was fine -
 but
The main lesson I've found in life is that if it's Bigger and Better , I don't qualify ! lol !

Do you run iClone 6 in DirectX 11 mode or DirectX 9 mode?

The Character Creator is DirectX 11 only and so if your graphics card doesn't support DX11 you won't be able to run the Character Creator unfortunately.
By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
Why I can not use the "Activate Appearance Editor" function without seeing this message appear ? https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a9328bfa-1b52-44aa-8123-c5c0.jpg

By sterlingy - 9 Years Ago
I made a character, which I played with in iClone, then I loaded the project back into CC, and deleted the clothes so I could use it as a base to make a similar, but different character. When I deleted the clothes, specifically, the shirt, I got this flashing pattern in the background If I put ANY top back on, the flashing stops. Remove it,and the flashing returns.

-Sterling

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1970652e-20e8-407a-a128-72ac.jpg
By Rampa - 9 Years Ago
It's a much better idea to use the CC in one direction. There is very little need to send a character from iClone to the CC if you initially created your character in the CC. Just save them in your CC library and edit those.

@Agonos
Your getting that message because the texture on your avatar is no longer the Substance used in the CC. On export to iClone, the textures are baked to the standard iClone texture channels. The Substance is to resource heavy to use on a bunch of characters in realtime. Have a look at the material in iClone, and you'll see it is no longer a Substance.
rampa (9/7/2015)
It's a much better idea to use the CC in one direction. There is very little need to send a character from iClone to the CC if you initially created your character in the CC. Just save them in your CC library and edit those.

Rampa,

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. I didn't send the project BACK to CC. I just re-opened the CC project after a few days to work from my previously created character.

Anyway, I started with the male character, and I wanted another character with somewhat the same proportions:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/da82a6b6-a7b4-474d-a7bb-bd82.jpg

It worked, but there was that bug.

I know, the characters are creepy. They are suppose to be.

-Sterling
By Fantasy-Raider - 9 Years Ago
Thanks for bringing this up as I thought I had done something wrong too .... So, off to see if you got an answer.  :-)
I threw some clothes on for a while. Worked on the face, then removed the top, and this time, the problem did not return.

-Sterling
By JetJockey - 9 Years Ago
just in case you may have overlooked this detail....( I made this mistake ),
so I know it is possible . The program is a stand alone , so if you were thinking
that iClone 6 would cross-talk , you would see "failed" on the screen , when
trying to edit . So install Character creator just like you did with iClone 6.
I hope this helps , as I felt like an idiot , after checking for a multitude of possible
problems . Ever hear about the old engineering quote, " start-from-the-wall",
meaning , is the device plugged in , or is the the program even installed !
Have fun !
Okay, so now we have a growing list of problems or questions, but only one has been answered:

Q- I just realized that the "Décal option"  (tool) is not available in the free current version of "Character Créator". Will we have to wait a paid version?
A- click the “Appearance” icon, and then “Activate Appearance Editor”, “Actor”, “Skin_Body”, and “Decal”.  Also, it appears you have to do this everytime for a new project.

And as it was my next question .... Thank you JimmyB7  :-)

Q- when you send the character to iclone the hair has physics but the clothing doesn't.
 thought "that's OK I just need to activate cloth physics and add a weight map to the jacket".
So went to the materials tab and discovered that there is no Physics tab in the modify panel when I select a CC character.
It is there if I load and select Heidi but when I select the CC character it is gone.
A- ..........

Q- The sliders are in need of attention as they are not consistent. (From me: Aint that the truth!)
(From me: Aint that the truth!)
A- ..........

Q- Next issue is the Eyes:Someone needs to check the Cornea as it doesn't stay connected with the eyeball
A- ...............

Q -Visemes are completely different for the CC Characters.  

And can I add from me ... the lip sync is not working very good at all on mine)
A- ............

Q-The invisibility of the skin, to edit the tongue, doesn't work so well either.
A- ..........

Q- In timeline: Not one key is visible for the CC Character materials in iClone6 except the 1st key;
A-

Q- When you pull the jaw back (Full Head --> Face Angle, for example) the teeth and tongue can protrude though the lips and chin.
I was surprised the inner parts of the mouth did not follow the exterior.
A- ..................

Q- Where do you adjust the tongue position?  I want to pull that back, but I cannot find anything (other than color) for the tongue.
A- ..............

Q- Where would I go to adjust the texture?  Eyebrows, in particular.
A-- ...........................

Q- Something is getting dropped on return trips between iClone and CC.
A-

Q- The Avatar Toolkit 2 does not recognize the characters from the Avatar Creator so I am unable to associate facial profiles to the Avatar Controller
A- ................

Q - I'm also missing the thumbs for importing decals. All the "input" options are not available.
A- ...................

Q - This bundle lacks choice of haircut. ...... (here here)
...... (here here)
A -

Q- I'm not showing any of the input maps for the dress.
A- ............

Q- And from me: Why do the CC characters have no physics settings in iClone 6? Is this because we have to do everything in CC instead?
A-

I'm just making it easier for people to see what has already been mentioned and what has been answered .... not being bossy ... honest!  :-)
By MasterMikeDa1 - 9 Years Ago
Hi Guys,
I'm having the following problem with Character Creator:  When I click the send to iclone button it goes through the motions, but it doe's not send the character into iclone.
I can export and save the character in a iclone folder and then load it into my project.  My iclone is up to date and my computer specs are fine.  Did I maybe miss a setting?
Also a side question.  Have we now lost the ability to map a face from photos?  Please help if you can.

Mike
By Delerna - 9 Years Ago
My question got answered with a personal message.
For CC characters I needed to goto the scene tab and select the blazer first. Then goto the modify panel and the Physics tab is there.
This is different to Iclone 5 and 6 characters which has the physics tab available when you select the character.
By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
rampa (2015-09-07)
@Agonos Your getting that message because the texture on your avatar is no longer the Substance used in the CC. On export to iClone, the textures are baked to the standard iClone texture channels. The Substance is to resource heavy to use on a bunch of characters in realtime. Have a look at the material in iClone, and you'll see it is no longer a Substance.

So if I did not think to save my character in 'Character Creator', I can not recover as it consists in "iClone 6" ? Sad https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1870f584-b9d0-4cf0-935a-8855.jpg

By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
I do not know if that makes this at home but when I use the tools "Teeth" or "Tongue" in the "Facial Features" option in "IC6" on a new character from "CC", tongue and teeth disappear .
By justaviking - 9 Years Ago
@Fantasy-Raider - Thanks for collecting unanswered questions like that.  That should be very helpful to Reallusion and us.
justaviking (9/7/2015)
@Fantasy-Raider - Thanks for collecting unanswered questions like that.  That should be very helpful to Reallusion and us.

It was my pleasure .. I was just hoping it didn't come across as miss bossy pant's.
There is a saying in the Black Country (UK) when someone comes across all Bossy, they say:      "Oooh hark at err"

By MasterMikeDa1 - 9 Years Ago
Hi All,
After I restarted my computer the send to Iclone feature in character creator began working correctly.  So please disregard that part of my post.

Mike
Thanks for all your feedback in this thread.

While we do appreciate all feedback, the purpose of this thread is to report bugs, glitches and other associated abnormalities with the Character Creator. Unfortunately it seems it has also become a thread to ask "How to" type questions which makes it harder to find genuine issues with CC.

So please if you have any "how do I do this" type questions, please can you post them in the main CC forum and not in this thread. Please do continue to post any technical issues you are encountering here and these will be reported to the Development team. For any issues that are seriously affecting your use of the Character Creator, please can you contact us via Technical Support using the link below. We will then work with you on a one to one basis to get them resolved.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx

Thanks for your understanding.
By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
Peter : How to know if we are facing a bug or a lack of knowledge?
By mark - 9 Years Ago
I'm noticing a crash in iC6 100% of the time if I try to "Reset Pivot" on any animation clip render for a CC avatar. It doesn't happen for G6 or older avatars. If I re-boot iC6 and load that project file iC6 will crash 100% of the time. If I re-boot iC6 and load another project, then load the project that caused the crash, when I tried to "Rest Pivot" it will load just fine. Project restore doesn't seem to work either for this type of crash.
Just wondering if I'm the only one?
By Delerna - 9 Years Ago
Agonos (9/9/2015)

Mine. is the perfect example of this
In iClone
I clicked on the CC Character and on the modify tab there was no physics tab
I clicked on a Heidi character to test if I was doing something wrong and the physics tab was there.
I thought it might be a bug so posted here and it turned out to be lack of knowledge because on CC characters you need to select the clothing and not the character.

Sorry to bog this forum down with yet another non bug related post but felt the need to explain.
So why doesn't someone move the non related posts to another topic like I do at work when someone puts a helpdesk request on the wrong topic?
I can find all the posts I have made on my profile so disappearing from the topic I put it on doesn't make it lost.
Delete this post and my other post to clear the topic of non bug related topics. I won't mind.
Again, sorry to post unrelated comments.
By Edward (RL) - 9 Years Ago
To edit CC character's physics need to pick cloth, hair or accessory first and then you will see the physics tab there.
Also each cloth have it's own timeline track.
This is different from G5 or G6
By JC Weatherby - 9 Years Ago
UNABLE TO TURN DIAGNOSTIC MODE OFF:

During several attempts the little status circle spins and spins, CC "Not Responding."  The system returns control of the program to me, but the Diagnostic Enable button is still checked.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4ba40956-4a6b-4e21-8109-64ea.jpg

Windows 10, DirectX11, AMD 8350FX, 16GB DDR3, 1866 Mhz RAM.  
Agonos (9/9/2015)

The best way will be to watch all our tutorials on the Character Creator and refer to the Help Guide (Press F1 in CC) so you have a good understanding of the processes involved first.

Then if the Character Creator is not working as described or you encounter an unusual or unexpected problem you should report it here. Smile
sterlingy (9/7/2015)
I made a character, which I played with in iClone, then I loaded the project back into CC, and deleted the clothes so I could use it as a base to make a similar, but different character. When I deleted the clothes, specifically, the shirt, I got this flashing pattern in the background If I put ANY top back on, the flashing stops. Remove it,and the flashing returns.

-Sterling

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1970652e-20e8-407a-a128-72ac.jpg

Hi Sterling,

Looks like this may be a graphics issue. Do check your graphics drivers are up to date.

If you do have a project where this happens all the time, please can you send us a link to test the project using the Support Form below.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx

Thanks.
mark (9/9/2015)
I'm noticing a crash in iC6 100% of the time if I try to "Reset Pivot" on any animation clip render for a CC avatar. It doesn't happen for G6 or older avatars. If I re-boot iC6 and load that project file iC6 will crash 100% of the time. If I re-boot iC6 and load another project, then load the project that caused the crash, when I tried to "Rest Pivot" it will load just fine. Project restore doesn't seem to work either for this type of crash.
Just wondering if I'm the only one?

Hi Mark.. You are not the only one. We can reproduce this issue and will try to fix it as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience.
By mark - 9 Years Ago
Thanks Peter and team CC!!!
By Galfridus - 9 Years Ago

Applying defaultcontent head morphs seems to work as expected.
However...
Applying Essential Content head morphs is not "head" exclusive as it seems to simultaneously add a full body morph at the same time.
The effect is undesirable and would appear to be anerror/bug?
Geoff.

By Rampa - 9 Years Ago
Galfridus (9/13/2015)

However...
Applying Essential Content head morphs is not "head" exclusive as it seems to simultaneously add a full body morph at the same time.
Geoff.

I just noticed that now too. First time playing with the essential pack (finally got it). The "Essential" bodies suffer the same thing. You cannot switch "Essential" heads and bodies, even adding them to non "Essential" bodies or heads.

By Rampa - 9 Years Ago
rampa (9/13/2015)
Galfridus (9/13/2015)

However...
Geoff.

I just noticed that now too. First time playing with the essential pack (finally got it). The "Essential" bodies suffer the same thing. You cannot switch "Essential" heads and bodies, even adding them to non "Essential" bodies or heads.

I found a workaround until this gets corrected. Smile
First create the body you want to start with.
Send it to iClone.
Send it back to CC. This "zeros out" all the morphs, effectively giving you a new base.
Add an Essential Head. You will see a slight change to the body, but it is only adding one of the default full body morphs. So, go to "Actor/Body/Full Body", and find the morph that is not zero. This will return the body to its "new" base that you just made.
By Galfridus - 9 Years Ago
Excellent sleuthing Rampa. Thank you for posting.
Will use this workround pending fix from RL.
Geoff. Smile

By Postfrosch - 9 Years Ago
Hello Rampa,
thank you for this tip.
I had this bug with the heads already noticed, but it interpreted as a program Future. (Although it makes no sense to morpfhen heads when doing the body be morphed undesirable)
Hopefully we will soon patched by RL.
Greetings from Germany
postfrosch
By ToKoMotion - 9 Years Ago
Hi RL,

I´m working on a new character and I´m facing the following problem:

My character needs bigger feet so I morphed them in size. I recognized that the toes doesn´t follow the resizing correctly (distortion), but I thought that wouldn´t be a problem because I can adjust this in Sculptris or another software. So I sent the character to 3dxchange 6 and exported the "boots" mesh via the "Replace Mesh" Button. After adjusting in Sculptris I "replaced" the mesh and everything seemed OK, but ...

As soon as I send the character back to iClone the new adjusted boots aren´t exported. All body adjustments are there but the old shoes show up. 

Here are some pics:

3dxchange 6 - before adjustment in Sculptris:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/296f2ada-ef33-4d5e-acaf-33f6.png  

3dxchange 6 - after adjustments in Sculptris:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c893fd69-8e0b-4956-8ed2-18f8.png

iClone - after pressing "Apply to iClone" or save as iAvatar.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2113f3be-28dd-461f-aa5b-5a81.png

Is there a way to solve this problem or do I have to wait for the Pipeline version to make Cloth adjustments.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Regards,
Tobias
By mtakerkart - 9 Years Ago
Hi Toko. I think it is the same "issue" like the cloths we want to modify, there is a thread about this. The upcoming pipeline CC would allow modify clothes and shoes in other 3d tools and keeping deformation back in Iclone . We hope... ;-)
It's not an issue.
By ToKoMotion - 9 Years Ago
Oh - alright. Thanks for the info. So I keep my fingers crossed that Pipeline version is arriving soonWink Sorry for the redundant post.
By kuchiniy - 9 Years Ago
Hi, Tokoto!
You need enlarge shoes instead feet... Smile That's work... Smile
By Rampa - 9 Years Ago
You need to scale the bones for it to work. This a vertex-group thing. The body scaling/cloth scaling chasnges when the bone is scaled. The difference with the body is that it can also accept mesh morphs. So just scale up the feet in CC, and leave the feet hidden. Or, if you want the feet inside the shoes, make the feet smaller with the mesh replace. This will leave the bones the same size.

Bigboss (9/4/2015)

The Avatar Toolkit 2 does not recognize the characters from the Avatar Creator so I am unable to associate facial profiles to the Avatar Controller Sad

Hi BB,

Just to let you know this issue is planned to be fixed in the iClone 6.3 update (4th Quarter) where we will also update the Avatar Controller.
By urbanlamb - 9 Years Ago
Yay the avatar toolkit is very cool and  I am very sad its not working properly right now so glad to see that this stuff is being fixed so I will finish my final avatars.  The one I sent you to test was a draft and i didnt want to put anymore work into them (as I have several in various stages of construction) if there was no way to use the controller properly.    *goes off to finish my characters* 
By JimmyB7 - 9 Years Ago
I would like to place a decal tattoo spread entirely across the model’s back.  When I move the Body Decal “X Offset” to line up the tattoo, it apparently disappears into the model’s spine.  What am I doing wrong?  I know I can use two identical tattoos, and try to line them up left and right of the spine, but it’s messy.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9a00a50d-3b2e-476d-ac22-79c1.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5e44642a-68cf-42db-a395-594e.jpg
By JC Weatherby - 9 Years Ago
JimmyB7 (9/17/2015)
I would like to place a decal tattoo spread entirely across the model’s back.  When I move the Body Decal “X Offset” to line up the tattoo, it apparently disappears into the model’s spine.  What am I doing wrong?  I know I can use two identical tattoos, and try to line them up left and right of the spine, but it’s messy.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9a00a50d-3b2e-476d-ac22-79c1.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5e44642a-68cf-42db-a395-594e.jpg

Look for a scaling or UV slider you can use to adjust or input numbers to get it looking the way you want.  Higher numbers/values will reduce the stretching,   By playing around you'll also be able to move the image up-down, left-right.  Expect some trial and error. 
By JimmyB7 - 9 Years Ago
JC Weatherby Thanks.  How do you get the tattoo to spread across the spine?  Sorry to be so dense.
By Rampa - 9 Years Ago
JC, you are hitting the exact things I am. I've got a solution for you, but also a technical issue with the solution. ;(

The UV of the body is not an exact mirror-image. This results in a slight mismatch for images that need to cross the spine (where the seam is).

Here is a picture where I have used 2 decals with the same image offset equal amounts on the X axis (one positive, one negative) in the hopes that it would create a contiguous tattoo. But, even though I have the numbers matching up between the two decals, they do not line up on the character. I had a look at the UV's, and they don't seem (horrible pun Pinch ) to be mirrored as I expected.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d2cc8f1b-9bd8-4525-a962-e018.jpg

Anyway. That's how you do it JC. Smile
By JimmyB7 - 9 Years Ago
rampa.  Thanks.  Finally, someone else has experienced the tattoo gobbling "Spine Seam". The seam appears to be a black hole that steals your tattoos. :-)  Anyway, I knew I could use two identical tattoos, and try to match them up from left and right.  I also noticed today that in a Reallusion ad for the Character Creator, they show a tattoo completely across the model's back.  See image below.  Did they use the double tattoo, left and right method, or is there another secret way we haven't found yet?  This has really been driving me crazy, and I'm glad to get some verification on the "Black Hole Spine Seam" mystery.  ;-)     Thanks again.
 https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c492ae3b-68a6-47ba-81bf-e649.jpg
By Rampa - 9 Years Ago
JimmyB7 (9/18/2015)
rampa.  Thanks.  Finally, someone else has experienced the tattoo gobbling "Spine Seam". The seam appears to be a black hole that steals your tattoos. :-)  Anyway, I knew I could use two identical tattoos, and try to match them up from left and right.  I also noticed today that in a Reallusion ad for the Character Creator, they show a tattoo completely across the model's back.  See image below.  Did they use the double tattoo, left and right method, or is there another secret way we haven't found yet?  This has really been driving me crazy, and I'm glad to get some verification on the "Black Hole Spine Seam" mystery.  ;-)     Thanks again.
 https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c492ae3b-68a6-47ba-81bf-e649.jpg

You can't get it exact without some careful external tweaking and experimenting. It is pretty close, so tats like angel wings will probably be fine.

I know Substance Designer 5 includes a "tri-planar" node which might fix this issue rather nicely, as it would be projecting the decal instead of having it constrained by the UV.

The reason it disappears is that it is moving beyond the edge of the UV. If you look at the UV map in an image editor, you'll quickly understand exactly what is going on. It's like drawing off the edge of your paper.
By Stefos - 9 Years Ago
I have a problem with adjusting the size of a jacket, I adjust it from a short jacket to a long type jacket in a 3D modeler but when I import the model into iClone from 3D Xchange it reverts back to the original jacket (short). The jacket shows as the correct long jacket in 3D Xchange but shows as the short jacket when imported into iClone. SEE PICTURE:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f9df0f40-988b-4b64-adc9-d0a1.jpg

By Rampa - 9 Years Ago
stephen_20110417044821793 (9/18/2015)
I have a problem with adjusting the size of a jacket, I adjust it from a short jacket to a long type jacket in a 3D modeler but when I import the model into iClone from 3D Xchange it reverts back to the original jacket (short). The jacket shows as the correct long jacket in 3D Xchange but shows as the short jacket when imported into iClone. SEE PICTURE:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f9df0f40-988b-4b64-adc9-d0a1.jpg

The sizing is absolute. Even though you stretch it, it's actually still got the same relationship to what it is rigged to. 3DX does not show that, for some reason.

The only way to adjust the clothing as you wish is to adjust the underlying character. Maybe try using a stretched invisible character attached to your main character.
By Stefos - 9 Years Ago
[/quote] The sizing is absolute. Even though you stretch it, it's actually still got the same relationship to what it is rigged to. 3DX does not show that, for some reason.
The only way to adjust the clothing as you wish is to adjust the underlying character. Maybe try using a stretched invisible character attached to your main character.[/quote]

Thanks for that...maybe I will be better off waiting for adjustable clothing or new clothes being produced, adding a second invisible character seems like a lot of work just for a longer jacket. Thanks anyway

By toppro77 - 9 Years Ago
The meshes are terrible in several of the clothing articles that come with CC. I have been working with the long dress and have noticed that if you cut the dress into several sections using an RGB map to use as a top, belt and skirt, the mesh around the waist is almost impossible to line up as well as trying to get a straight line cut as the mesh is a crappy design. You can see better in the pic below how horrible this looks. After spending literally hours trying to get something half way decent, this is what I get. I have mastered the lower section of the dress fairly well as you can see from the pic. The belt area is a pain in the butt though. I have included a sample RGB I made and as you can see the sections have to be skewed and the height adjusted just to try and get a straight line around the model. Some areas have to angled, some curved and some weird sections have to be added in unbelievable spots to get the look your going for. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/de4226d2-bf6a-4834-9868-6739.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f4f13faa-779d-4638-8624-1e52.jpg
By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
Hi all
Is it normal
that we see through the character when we use the "Procedural Holes" ? https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b479e0f2-342c-4b95-b3c0-78e8.jpg
By AverageJoe - 9 Years Ago
Agonos (9/25/2015)
Hi all
Is it normal
that we see through the character when we use the "Procedural Holes" ? https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b479e0f2-342c-4b95-b3c0-78e8.jpg

It is if you have the option clicked that hides the underlying mesh.  If you don't have that option selected, then you won't see through it.  It's shown in several of the CC video tutorials.
By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
wizaerd (9/25/2015)
Agonos (9/25/2015)
Hi all
Is it normal
that we see through the character when we use the "Procedural Holes" ?

It is if you have the option clicked that hides the underlying mesh.  If you don't have that option selected, then you won't see through it.  It's shown in several of the CC video tutorials.

Thank you. I said that this option is at the bottom of the window "Conform"

By Walt_R - 9 Years Ago

I hope this post is in the right place. If not I apologize upfront.

The problem I encountered is the perform command to link a prop to a character will not work with CC Christian. It works with Chuck and Mason but with Christian I get "Error adding perform command" message.

The prop is a rifle (C127H_M1 Carbine) from the Combat Motions & Interactive Guns: World War II GI vs. Wehrmacht Pack. I also tried other rifles and get the same error message.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d51db811-135c-4df5-b8fb-616e.jpg 

By Rampa - 9 Years Ago
llmagazine (9/25/2015)

I hope this post is in the right place. If not I apologize upfront.

The problem I encountered is the perform command to link a prop to a character will not work with CC Christian. It works with Chuck and Mason but with Christian I get "Error adding perform command" message.

The prop is a rifle (C127H_M1 Carbine) from the Combat Motions & Interactive Guns: World War II GI vs. Wehrmacht Pack. I also tried other rifles and get the same error message.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d51db811-135c-4df5-b8fb-616e.jpg 

Pretty sure this because of different bone names. Those AML's are easy to edit in a text editor. The right hand of chuck is named "RL_R_Hand", and the right hand of the CC is named "RL_G6_R_Hand". I think all you need to do to make it work is change the bone name that the rifle attaches to in the AML.
By Walt_R - 9 Years Ago
Thank you very much, rampa. Your advice worked like a charm. Smile 
By MistaG - 9 Years Ago
Not sure if I am the only one having this little issue, but it's a bit annoying. Sometimes, after changing light, the arrow gets stuck on a screen and I cannot take it off, no matter what. The only way to remove it, is to save the project and reopen it.

Thanks

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d0c87bef-99b4-43d2-8251-b3e8.jpg

UPDATE: Just caught the sequence. Adjust the light, then go to "Calibrate" and then exit. White arrow would appear on a screen.
By Alien Maniac - 9 Years Ago
After creating a character in cc I am having crashes when transferring it to IC 6. I can make it an iAvitar and that works.

Also.....

the setting for the EYE BLINK in IC6 (CC characters only) does not appear to work......no matter the setting. It always blinks on CC characters.

Is anyone else having these problems?
By TalonAnimations - 9 Years Ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6d5da870-3ae1-4c59-85b8-efaa.png

Hi, the "Decals" option is just not showing in character creator. I've tried updating it to the latest version, as well as iclone (6.21). Please advise.
By Postfrosch - 9 Years Ago
Hi, the "Decals" option is just not showing in character creator. I've tried updating it to the latest version, as well as iclone (6.21). Please advise.                               

Hello, you you have the "CC Essential Complete bundle for Character Creator" buy. Only then will the decals.
Greetings from Germany
postfrosch
http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/promo/CC_Essential_Complete_Bundle/default.aspx
By TalonAnimations - 9 Years Ago
Thanks so much for the prompt reply, @Postfrosch. Smile Will see what to do now.
By bluemidget666 - 9 Years Ago
Hey anyone know why my morphs aint working ?
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2b5466e8-6917-4898-aaf5-4b82.png
The picture shows the thumb nail of my morphs and their effect, but the promethius morph works fine.
My morphs have been sent to Iclone v Zbrush n back again for tweaking just incase its awt to do with that.

Cheers

I get this flickering a lot in CC..
WHY !!!! So annoying

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0af12ab8-1726-4306-971b-aee2.png
By RLDA - 9 Years Ago
hi,
it looks like graphic card issue, try to update driver may fix it.
If not, try to use Empty scene mode in preference settings.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/162442bd-0425-42b1-a57d-5244.jpg
Howdy.

This is a first.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6cd1e4dc-0833-44a7-adf1-b869.png

The head was imported from CrazyTalk8 Pipeline

What is interesting is that the issue with the hair only happens when the camera is close to this viewing angle. When I am more head-on, the problem does not exist. Also, if I zoom out, the problem goes away.

I am running a GTX980Ti, and at the time of this screenshot, I was only using 12% of my VRAM

-S
Thank you, I should have known but yes it was my drivers out of date.
By tomilio - 9 Years Ago
The calibrate panel won't show up...it's activated but I cannot see it on the screen.  I have similar problems with motion puppet panel in iclone and the other panels that show up as individual windows.  Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.
By Kelleytoons - 9 Years Ago
And you've gone through technical support?  Because they really have (most of) the answers.

If I were desperate I think I'd try changing my monitor's resolution -- first much larger, and then much smaller, in an effort to see if I could get the missing windows back and perhaps put them where they belonged.  But that would be pretty desperate (because completely uninstalling and then downloading the latest patch from your account and reinstalling *should* correct such things).
By rebeldecuba - 8 Years Ago
Agonos (9/4/2015)
rampa (2015-09-04)
rampa (9/4/2015)

To access this option, I think we must buy "CC Essential Complete bundle" : http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/character-creator/content.html#essential
But this bundle lack choice as haircut.

I have the same issue. Is it true that we have to buy the CC Essential Complete Bundle? I have see the tutorials AND the manual but nowhere says that. Is there any answer to that? 

By Peter (RL) - 8 Years Ago
Character Creator 1.4 has been released today so for easier tracking of remaining issues we have created a new thread below to post problems. This thread will now be closed.

https://forum.reallusion.com/270817/OFFICIAL-Character-Creator-14-Issues-Thread

Thank you. Smile