Submit Your Wishful Features after iClone 6

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic220355.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Visconti - 9 Years Ago
Dear folks

After iClone 6 release, Reallusion keeps collecting different feedbacks and your important opinions to craft the best animation tool for everyone. Please take a look at the current plans we have, and provide suggestions in this thread. Your ideas will definately become the valuable inspiration for our product development.

http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/iclone_ComingFeature.html

Reallusion, Inc.

By hattori kun - 9 Years Ago
-Crucial - Rendered image sequence fps to match project setting fps.
https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic216307-388-1.aspx

-Better hair and fur with NVIDIA HairWorks
https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic220301-388-1.aspx

-More post filters and lens flare effects.

-Network rendering possible? If so 1 or 2 render node free included with pro or cheap render node license. BigGrin

-Matte shadow/refl/ref material

-Broken for me. 3dx 5 does not work without Iclone 5 installed. I don't have it installed since I started with IC6. Can anyone test if 3dx 5 will work on a fresh pc that only had Iclone 6? 3dx 6 needs to be out asap for IC6 only users.
By namunger - 9 Years Ago
Please bring back the facial detail editor for animation, and animated .gif export!
By RobertoColombo - 9 Years Ago
Hi Visconti,

25 suggestions from my side (I will keep editing this post as much as new requests/ideas come to my mind).
Nothing fancy or "killing-app"- like, but still useful for a better usability.

1. within each category (avatars, props, etc. etc.) the Scene manager window, I would like to be able to re-organize the assets of a project, that is, to be able to move the elements up (swapped with the element above) & down (swapped with the element below).
Use case: just be able to make some order when many assets are used. It can make the editing easier

2. it would be useful to be able to create some "virtual" sub-folder within the Scene Window, so that we can have a better and more organized list of the various assets.
Use case: just improve the editing process. I find it would be convenient to be able to organize the props in a better way, according to their function, position, relevance within the project

3. extend the maximum size of the Mini Vieport.
Use case: when 3 monitors are used... one for the main window, one for the controls, one for the mini-viewport

4. (that's a big modification...) the possibility to have another virtual space (similar to "layers" of Blender), where we can place assets, work on them, define/adjust what we need, and once ready, move them into the main project
The additional viewport should be nothing but an additional empty project, acting as a secondary space to work out different things
Use case: tailor some movement offline to correct the character rotation, position, root node etc. collect the movement and then apply to the main project. Or just try some movement on a sample character, in order to see if the movement is ok. Or do any kind of other test out of the main project. Point 7 is also another use case.

5. report somewhere the name of the asset being selected.
Use case: when many trees are placed, it can be difficult to select a specific one, so by understanding what asset is effectively selected can help to mask out anything that can prevent to select the desired target

6. make available the LUA API
Use case: be able to create automatic scripts for specific repetitive actions/editing (e.g. add/remove the same feature for many props, like adjusting a color or similar)

7. to be able to select the maximum frame range when a motion is applied
Use case: rebuild some part of an animation between two parts that are ok. The idea here is that I want to fill a motion track "hole" with some animation without overwriting the next animation. Today, if a motion is applied and it is too long, it overwrites the next animations... (this case can be also "solved" if point 4 above is enabled, because I could tailor the motion in a different viewport and then apply it to the main project)

8. Add a Keyboard shortcut for the Camera view from the Bottom (I might be wrong but it seems that the letter "B" is not used yet...)
Use case: several editing is convenient when done from the bottom and a shortcut makes the camera selection faster

9. display the Gizmo even when the camera has a close-up on an asset and the pivot is outside of the camera viewport
Use case: to be able to do editing even with a close-up view, without the need to zoom back and forth N times

10. to have a way to assign the Preview camera to the viewport currently in use by another camera.
Use case: while reviewing the final scene, it might be necessary to do some further editing without changing the movement assigned to the camera used for the final rendering. It is still possible to add anew camera (which starts from the current viewport) and then delete it, but it would be way easier and faster to have a command/shortcut that make it possible to redirect the Preview camera to the current viewport scene

11. to be able to select an avatar and a set of keyframe and apply a fixed position shift, so that the avatar has exactly the same movements but shifted in position
Use case: re-positioning of a character AFTER a complex animation is done, with multiple keyframes

12. to be able to handle video height maps (i.e. when a video is applied as a height map, IC should be able to re-calculate the height according to the current frame of the video)
Use case: to give a sense of deepness to real footages embedded in the scene.. but I guess this would open up a huge door for new special effects

13. having a color to identify one specific side of a bone in the Motion Editor
Use case: if a body part is rotated by mistake, it is sometime hard to understand what was the original and correct orientation. With a color on one side of the bone would be easier to bring the right orientation back in place

14. To have a pop-up window where all the timeline mark flags are listed, can be selected, and redirect the timeline at the mark points to.
Use case: improved usability when moving along a project timeline

15. Punch-in/Punch-out motion recording: the possibility to set the start and end frame where a motion is recorded (for example with the Motion Puppet tool) without the need to press the spacebar.
Use case: precise refinement of a motion, so that it is pre-determined the range where the modification will be applied. This feature also avoids the risk to overwrite leading & trailing part of the whole motion.

16. the possibility to place an asset at a certain point without the need to link/unlink.
Use case: if an asset shall be placed near another one, today we need to link it, select the Position option, unlink. This create an unnecessary constraint keyframe. It would be much better to have a similar option to just move the asset in the right place (like a "link by position") creating only a keyframe in the Transform track

17. a way to visualize (on request or somewhere in the GUI) the type of Avatar, in terms of:

a) Type (Human, Non-Standard Human, etc.)
b) Generation

Use case: when animation or exchange body parts are applied, it is useful to know in advance the character characteristics, in order to avoid a try & repeat process (e.g. when different body parts can't be exchanged between different generations)

18. to add a "search" function in those windows showing the bone structures (e.g. Non-Standard character motion edit, or Link to, Attach to)
Use case: when the bone structure is complex, it is tedious to look up a certain bone. If the bone name is known, it is easier to use a search function

19. to be able to select whether a camera movement shall create a keyframe or not
Use case: giving the option, it is possible to create multiple cameras behaving like the Preview Camera. This is quite useful during complex scene editing because it is easy to check the adjustments from different angles

20. to have an option, similar to Reverse a clip animation, to Mirror a clip animation (i.e. exchange left with right)
Use case: sometimes it is useful to have a mirrored version of an edited animation and rebuilding it is long and tedious. A "mirror animation" feature would come really into handy

21. to have the "Reset Motion Root" and "Align Actor Motion" options working also when a copy-paste of a clip is done
Use case: if we need to extend some animation with a copy-paste of existing clips, the above mentioned options seem to not working. It is still possible to align the clips after the copy-paste operation is done, but it would also be faster to have it done automatically

22. to have a way to display the name of the file used for an animation clip
Use case: sometimes it is useful to apply the same animation type/style and if the editing is done in different times, it is difficult to remember what were the file used for an animation of a certain character

23. to be able to bake the avatar orientation (Actor Root, i.e. Bone Root) within a Collect Clip operation
Use case: to generate a 100% replica of the animation, including also the Bone Root orientation. This is useful when an animation is fixed to re-align the Bone Root to the proper orientation, and then we want to generate a "clean" animation, including those fixes

24. to add a Bump Map channel to the Image Layer
Use case: it will give more realism to teh image layered picture

25. to be able to adjust the parallax effect for camera movements based on the asset distance from the camera
Use case: imagine a scene with some props emulating distant objects, e.g. a mountain, a sky with star dome, etc.
If the camera moves, those object should not move or change their size.
Today this can be accomplished only by applying a counter-movement/resizing to those objects.
It would be handy to have some kind of setting for the objects to that is possible to decide the percentage (0 to 100%, with 100% being what iClone 6 does today) of movement upon a camera displacement

By nat woi - 9 Years Ago
a better way to  tile a image on a prop .. lets say im using a avatar shirt  and I want to replace the (like a shrit logo) I can never place the image where I want it correctly  even after playing around with the tile offset option its always resized to big or to small

Ic5 layout option been using ic5 since the start im used to it and comfortable navigating that program and on IC6  be nice to change the color of theme the options is there just no color choices  

Allow mp4 files (video import and export)

And stechup  right now we can only use version 8 or below this needs updated as there are moving into the furture

And would be really great to have the puppet tool like DA does individual parts you can move with  one click its way faster then IC6 current pupating tool

By GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS - 9 Years Ago
|WISH| Global Scene Material Override

Hi,

A very useful feature would be to have to possibility (perhaps in project settings, or in the rendering options) to set a global material that would override all the items materials in the scene so that only this Material would be use on all objects at render time.

Useful for debugging a scene, for specific rendering style(s), for multi-passes rendering, etc..

Thanks,
Guy.
By warlord720 - 9 Years Ago
I'm with Guy on this. A global material would be extremely useful.
warlord720 (1/22/2015)
I'm with Guy on this. A global material would be extremely useful.

I still hope we can achieve this and other global/automatic features with:

"6. make available the LUA API
Use case: be able to create automatic scripts for specific repetitive actions/editing (e.g. add/remove the same feature for many props, like adjusting a color or similar)"
|WISH| Gives G6 A Proper Life Time

Hi,

Not a feature request or wish per say, but rather a wish on how iClone characters will evolve from now on.

G6 Characters, imho, are characters we all expected for a long time ( once they will be completely operational with the upcoming 6.1 patch to make them 'standard' as well ).

Those G6 Characters generation have almost everything we need in terms of topology, polygons count seems right and enough, and thanks to the new tessellation feature we can now render smooth character surfaces, have proper morphs, dynamic hairs and clothes, etc.. It is the first time I would be tempted to use the word "perfect", or almost.

My wish is then: please don't jump to G7 Characters generation development anytime soon. Let G6 have a 'real' life.

You know how it is frustrating to have invested a lot of money on G2, G3, G.. characters, investments that are now useless.

Personally - but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one on this - I prefer to invest in a lot of content for a future-proof, stable, long-life character generation rather than in a few content repeated for several character generations.

So please, gives G6 a proper life time, don't jump on G7 (unless all G6 content can be properly 'forwarded' to G7).

Instead, take the time to create exhaustive G6 content (clothes, accessories, etc..) and gives the time to third parties developers to do so as well.

It would certainly be appreciated by all of us, I believe.

Thanks,
Guy.
By brand468 - 9 Years Ago
Hi, iClone is almost perfect for my purposes, but I have long wished for better particle effects.
I wish above all, better fire and smoke effects, and therefore hope that the upcoming plans for 3D particle effects will make iClone animation is the perfect tool for me.
Here are a few requirements:
- Particle blocking so it stops at a wall and bounce or spread inside a room.
- Particle overall scale settings (to change size of whole particle at the same time)
- Reduce the speed on particle (better looking slow smoke, etc.)
- Pre start so particle is fully grown at frame one When Starting the rendering
- Light and shadow influence on particles
By jann - 9 Years Ago
GIF-animation export!
By animagic - 9 Years Ago
grabiller (1/22/2015)
|WISH| Gives G6 A Proper Life Time

I agree with that one.

The content published by Reallusion for G2 and G3 characters was far more comprehensive than what was ever published for G5. I'm talking about outfits for everyday characters, for example, such as various professions, etc. The 3rd-party developers did a good job catching up to an extent, but that is of course an extra expense.

It would be great indeed if RL could make the G6 characters future proof and good and versatile enough so that we don't have to rely on importing from other programs if we don't want to. 

There should standard also be more variety in ethnicity than we have now. Maybe a character generator such as MakeHuman that creates standard characters. And perhaps a FaceGen plugin...w00t

Position constraint and Rotation constraint with world and local, dynamic on/off. Is there in Iclone?
The link, attach and look at constraints in Iclone is nice but these other two constraint types are also useful. All serve different purposes.
By pmaina - 9 Years Ago
++1 on all requests above. I have read all the replies to this thread and support all the requests. The quality of requests is impressive.

I want to add that the features should be in 6.x rather than "iClone 7" as a reward to the iclone community for helping fix bugs in iclone 6; for helping chart the evolution with intelligent contributions; and last but not least, for their unwavering loyalty.
By pmaina - 9 Years Ago
My feature request will focus on boosting robustness. You cannot genuinely label any software "PRO" if it isn't robust enough for professional use:

1. Can we have an "Undo log"? Saving time-stamped undo points into a file so you can undo any action at any point in time - even after closing and re-opening the project/iClone. Configurable to balance resource usage.

2. Auto-saved backups or recovery points (configurable). We all get caught up in the "flow" and forget to save - especially when unleashing our most creative work. In case of a crash it hurts to lose everything. Hours of work that may never be redone exactly as it was. remembering to save impedes the flow of creative juices!

3. Bug tracking "extranet' system - accessible by registered users only. I clone is growing to the point that forums are not only inadequate for bug reporting & tracking but grossly inefficient and not very customer friendly.

Been patiently waiting (for years now) for iClone to reach the level where it can be a true "PRO" tool that can be trusted for demanding, time-sensitive projects. Hoping we can see that happening in 6.x lifetime. Guaranteed it will transform this beautiful software from hobbyist / cult tool to into something that will truly disrupt the global animation industry.

Fingers crossed... Smile
By planetstardragon - 9 Years Ago
+1 for pmania's post. especially the bug reporting, it would be nice if we could report bugs from a panel right inside iclone that gets sent to an organized / bug database for the developers. IMO - this will greatly ease the stress from the support team allowing them to focus more on solutions than sorting and categorizing the problems - many man hours saved.

Game developers used this effectively with thousands of gamers and it helped them hone in on bugs very fast.

things with preset topics. ie - a drop down list -
example

select issue -
rendering
content
auto-save
file management
etc

twitter sized comments - 140 characters.

attachments - (direct x reports )
By pmaina - 9 Years Ago
...Also requesting a default Man/Woman/Child "native base character" for every major ethnicity.

Alphabetically...

1. African
2. Arab
3. Asian
4. Caucasian
5. Indian

Ethnic variety in Skin, hair and eyes is urgently needed please, especially now that we all want to do realistic renders with indigo!

Ideally as a free resource pack for registered iClone6 users.... Releasing a content pack is unfair because the Caucasian content is free - why not for other ethnicities? Smile
pmaina (1/26/2015)
../..Been patiently waiting (for years now) for iClone to reach the level where it can be a true "PRO" tool that can be trusted for demanding, time-sensitive projects. Hoping we can see that happening in 6.x lifetime. Guaranteed it will transform this beautiful software from hobbyist / cult tool to into something that will truly disrupt the global animation industry. Fingers crossed... Smile

I'm exactly in the same situation and I have exactly the same expectations.

But over the years I've realized that what seems obvious - that iClone will evolve, little by little, from a hobbyist tool to something really 'pro' - may not be that obvious after all and that this is probably not the primary goal of Reallusion. Their primary concern is to make money and there are a lot more hobbyists than pros out there, yet hobbyists tend to buy more content.

I understand that and I respect that. Like you I've been patiently waiting for years. Good surprises came from v6 though with a lot of new features that raised the bar. But still little signs that clearly show going 'pro' is not the primary concern of Reallusion.

One way to help solving that equation - that is helping pros making iClone more suitable for their projects while not disrupting the evolution of iClone geared towards hobbyists - would be to 'open' it a bit through a SDK. This would allow us to add needed features, implement workarounds, choose alternate solutions, etc.. But here too I understand that releasing a SDK would require quite some work. There is already Lua scripting in iClone though, but Reallusion does not want us to have access to it yet (patiently waiting for years on this one too), despite the 'Lua' menus all over the place. And it's unclear how this will evolve as Reallusion does not communicate about this.
I've actually requested more pro options as well.....but being that I'm half noob - half demi-god.... I see it would have to be 2 ui's - It's not conceivable to mix a pro UI with a noob UI.
planetstardragon (1/27/2015)
../..It's not conceivable to mix a pro UI with a noob UI.

I disagree. It is perfectly possible to have both kinds of GUI, it is a simple matter of hiding advanced elements and controls, and propose several types of "Layouts", this has been done before successfully in other softwares.

Yet the move to QT for the GUI in iClone6 is definitely a "pro" move and will allow much more flexibilities in this area. I really like it. (granted iClone will be able to save Layouts with windows having negative coordinates! Blink )
i'll agree with that, providing it doesn't bloat iclone like maya/max - 3D concepts aren't hard, the problem i find with many of the industrial animation softwares is that it's based on the perception of how a crew of techies think artists should work. So sick of hearing how doing animation takes time when I imagine faster than light. Let the noob doodle, with the option to hire a pro to polish his idea.

The pro side should not be hindered by over simplification and the noob ( creative non-technicals ) side should not be taxed with technology and bloat. Mixing both creates the potential of a gray area that isn't easy enough for grandparents and little timmy to play with on christmas, and isn't detailed enough to be considered for use in serious projects by pixar. - bad chaos.

separate UI's creates a market for grandpa to hire that nice fellow from disney to polish little timmy's ideas as a christmas gift.

the yin yang is black and white, not gray! Pinch

By pmaina - 9 Years Ago
iClone Yin-Yang is an excellent analogy. What if the Yin was "iClone Standard" - with its own UI tailor made for hobbyists and the Yang was "iClone Pro"? At the Core engine they can remain the same - even with [upwardly] compatible content, but the UI and feature-list can fork out in two different directions. Yin-Yang = harmony.

RL marketing can go wild with this as well.. with "standard" its all about the experience, the art and the joy of animation. On the pro side, you get a darker no-frills tool whose core aim is to help "get the job done, get it done quickest, and get it done well enough to get paid for it. if you have fun in the process, that's a bonus - but no guarantees!"..

planetstardragon (1/27/2015)

The pro side should not be hindered by over simplification and the noob ( creative non-technicals ) side should not be taxed with technology and bloat.
the yin yang is black and white, not gray! Pinch

By prabhatM - 9 Years Ago
pmaina (1/28/2015)
iClone Yin-Yang is an excellent analogy. What if the Yin was "iClone Standard" - with its own UI tailor made for hobbyists and the Yang was "iClone Pro"? At the Core engine they can remain the same - even with [upwardly] compatible content, but the UI and feature-list can fork out in two different directions. Yin-Yang = harmony.

I wished a similar thing for Blender - a simpler GUI for the film makers.
By pmaina - 9 Years Ago
grabiller (1/27/2015)
...this is probably not the primary goal of Reallusion. Their primary concern is to make money and there are a lot more hobbyists than pros out there, yet hobbyists tend to buy more content.

If fairly high profile commercial projects were done in iCone Pro, wouldn't the interest and buzz amongst hobbyists grow exponentially? Why not use a solid "iClone Pro" version as egobait?
Pro features = Pro price

Just saying. BigGrin
By animagic - 9 Years Ago
These are all very good ideas, but...

I really want a working mirror!

And I don't want to wait till iClone 7...Angry

By DELETED2 - 9 Years Ago
Hi Reallusion Team... Just working on a project involving conversion of Blender Architecture to iClone compatibility and some of the elements I require on set  demand Particle effects ONLY on movement........................

Is it possible that we can have particles that ONMLY emit if the object they're attached to move.

So that is an object is completely static the particle doesn't emit.

The time and effort this would save is impressive.

IF motion sensitive particle effects that emit on motion are not possible  (or even if they are) can they be speed sensitive also ....
Meaning that the faster the particle moves through the air the MORE it emits.

My current project demands this and the complication involves the following logic.

On stationary, shut down particle (either by shunting way off  set or controllably)
On motion re-attach (or replacement for emissions) ~
On acceleration increase manually degree of emission for that take...
COMPLICATION
Because we have stopped the timeline to increase emission rate we now have the dilemma of particle regeneration which means we need to backtrack.~
DOUBLE COMPLICATION
We therefore need to crossfade one take with the other else we have a sudden particle jump appearing as a flicker.
~
And so the confusion and complication goes on.

I don't know if particle acceleration/motion sensitivity exists....  in other software but it would be nice of the particle could "listen@" to its x,y,z, placement and at 'nth' sum generate according to the variable/value from x,y,z1  to x,y,z,2  per frame.  

Thanks,.

Yes more particle enhancement please BigGrin
I requested particle interaction with dynamic items and collision recently.
Particle behavior would also be nice.
As already mentioned more controllable particle behavior and motion. Start/stop by event, particle size/mass interaction, inherit parent motion, flocking behavior, staggered events, etc.
hattori kun (2/5/2015)
Yes more particle enhancement please....//... interaction with dynamic items and collision.

If we expand on the motion sensitivity and the collision request they're one and the same thing.

On collision the particle (attached to prop or elsewise) would move triggering its emissions.

One such subtlety I chase is dust according to rockfall. If a rock can have acceleration AND deceleration sensitivity to its motion upon impact the emissions could max out direction-sensitively.

In my case a wall crumbling over time and suddenly giving in to demolition of the elements, each brick or "chunk' would be in control of its own display of particle behaviour.

Motion begin,

acceleration,

deceleration,

impact and

static.

All this manual control would automate with motion sensitivity.
A passing thought. Cool

Armstrong.

(Its a long post, but I use short words. )

Regarding physics:

Could be it so that when (for instance) a stone falls on the ground, stones a short distance from it would respond either with a small jump or a small outward motion from where the stone falling impacted the ground EVEN THOUGH they're not touching or were touched by it. .

The reason for this is so....
FOR EXAMPLE: A stone hits the ground which has dust particles all over it to x20. Each responds with a small anti-directional emission as if air displaced it.

Furthermore if we could write in a delayed response algorithm so that the response outward was incremental we could also use this as a water effect where impact displacement is heavier/sluggish.

I understand physics is highly sophisticated programming.

Trying to engineer something like the above without it is equally as complicatedDoze.

If I don't voice the wish I wont learn whether it's achievable or not.

Armstrong

sw00000p (2/6/2015)
Function Curve Editor! Wow

AHA! The ole Curve Editor Goat rears its horns again. Ermm

|WISH| Inverse Square Law Rule Option For Light Attenuation

We really need to have an option for "natural" lights attenuation, instead or aside the linear one.

(even an approximation of the inverse square law rule with a finite distance would do)

Thanks,
Guy.
Armstrong (2/5/2015)
Hi Reallusion Team... Just working on a project involving conversion of Blender Architecture to iClone compatibility and some of the elements I require on set demand Particle effects ONLY on movement........................

Is it possible that we can have particles that ONMLY emit if the object they're attached to move.

So that is an object is completely static the particle doesn't emit.

The time and effort this would save is impressive.

IF motion sensitive particle effects that emit on motion are not possible (or even if they are) can they be speed sensitive also ....
Meaning that the faster the particle moves through the air the MORE it emits.

My current project demands this and the complication involves the following logic.

On stationary, shut down particle (either by shunting way off set or controllably)
On motion re-attach (or replacement for emissions) ~
On acceleration increase manually degree of emission for that take...
COMPLICATION
Because we have stopped the timeline to increase emission rate we now have the dilemma of particle regeneration which means we need to backtrack.~
DOUBLE COMPLICATION
We therefore need to crossfade one take with the other else we have a sudden particle jump appearing as a flicker.
~
And so the confusion and complication goes on.

I don't know if particle acceleration/motion sensitivity exists.... in other software but it would be nice of the particle could "listen@" to its x,y,z, placement and at 'nth' sum generate according to the variable/valuefrom x,y,z1 to x,y,z,2 per frame.

Thanks,.

LUA script: if RL would open the door to the internal assets via LUA API, what you ask for would be a simple script.

1. if object position at frame N != object position at frame N-1 then switch on the emit (and set a key frame)
2. else switch off (and set a key frame)

I have been asking for LUA API for so long and RL mentioned in IC6 would have been in, but so far I have seen no real plan for it
By lpatter - 9 Years Ago
I Want to see the Iclone 6 features/promises implied working. Still waiting for
1. SPEEDTREE - It is supposed to be able to do the following:
a. SEASON CHANGES
b. ANIMATED GROWTH
2. SKYTOOL -- Can't get the stars to come out or the moon and sun to work

3. NEW FEATURES
- Dynamic shapes to create props like a scroll to roll up and roll flat
- SPECIAL EFFECTS - Dissolving character/Avatar/Prop
Dissolving, cracking disintegrating, exploding, burning ... drifting away
One special Avatar generation (Male and female) with basic clothes (skintight, pants, coat) with these built in properties on a "Perform Menu".
>>Direction: Dissolve right-left-right, left, top-down, bottom-up, diagonal
>>Style: Cracked clay, sand, balls, hairy whisps - set by a diffuse chanel
>> Wind: affect how particles are blown away
>> Dissolve Pattern: Tornado, waves, swirls, normal, sparkly,
By rchai - 9 Years Ago

This has been "wished" for before, but I wanted to highlight it again.

I wish that RL will include a switch to turn on/off "automatic key frames".

There are many times when I need to position a prop , character or do some material adjustments, check something that happen in a frame that is not the starting frame. And I need to see it as it is at that non-frame 1 position. Moving anything or changing stuff tends to add automatic key frames when I don't want it to.

yes, I am aware of control-Z, deleting key frames, switching to frame 1 and then selecting object and then zooming there in preview camera ... and other workarounds. But it's so much easier and time-saving just to turn auto-key frame on/off when needed.

I waste a lot of time reloading projects from earlier versions when I forget to go back to frame 1 before adding / looking at / adjusting something , and then zooming back out, and when the work-arounds don't work.

Hope RL can do this....
By richardgetz39 - 9 Years Ago
Hello,
A feature for iClone I'd like to see already exists as a program used in commercials.
It's a virtual screen that can turn on a user defined axis, and the picture or video displayed acts like the surface of the screen. The effect is like walking around a flat screen TV.
If this could be imposed into the 3D environment, it would add more versatility for the user.

When the user call up this device, it should have a default croma green or user chosen croma blue. This will add more versatility for those who use cromacolor photo editing programs. The user may then choose to browse for a picture, render, or video loop at this point.
The user should be able to size the screen up or down, position as wall, ceiling or floor, or parent the screen to a model flat-screen "rabbit ears" TV.

It could be used for;
Backgrounds. Instead of creating a whole environment outside a door or window, the user can use a picture, or a render or video loop. This could save much needed computer resources especially if the work is an animation and a video loop is used . Think of films where people are talking in a "moving" car. As a ceiling, imagine stormy weather scenes.
As a floor, now you can use real ocean or river flow with a CG boat. Or have a character standing on a cliff overlooking a great chasm:

Special Effects. If a character can walk though the screen, you can make your own worm hole effect. If sized down and parented to a model flat screen, it can be a two way com screen. Or just have a TV going with something related or irrelevant to the scene.
By Rampa - 9 Years Ago
richardgetz39 (2/21/2015)
Hello,
A feature for iClone I'd like to see already exists as a program used in commercials.
It's a virtual screen that can turn on a user defined axis, and the picture or video displayed acts like the surface of the screen. The effect is like walking around a flat screen TV.
If this could be imposed into the 3D environment, it would add more versatility for the user.

When the user call up this device, it should have a default croma green or user chosen croma blue. This will add more versatility for those who use cromacolor photo editing programs. The user may then choose to browse for a picture, render, or video loop at this point.
The user should be able to size the screen up or down, position as wall, ceiling or floor, or parent the screen to a model flat-screen "rabbit ears" TV.

It could be used for;
Backgrounds. Instead of creating a whole environment outside a door or window, the user can use a picture, or a render or video loop. This could save much needed computer resources especially if the work is an animation and a video loop is used . Think of films where people are talking in a "moving" car. As a ceiling, imagine stormy weather scenes.
As a floor, now you can use real ocean or river flow with a CG boat. Or have a character standing on a cliff overlooking a great chasm:

Special Effects. If a character can walk though the screen, you can make your own worm hole effect. If sized down and parented to a model flat screen, it can be a two way com screen. Or just have a TV going with something related or irrelevant to the scene.

You'll be pleased to know there already are both standard and "face-camera" billboards. Smile

Look in your Props/Billboard directory in the Content Manager.
By thebiz.movies - 9 Years Ago
animagic (1/28/2015)
These are all very good ideas, but...

I really want a working mirror!

And I don't want to wait till iClone 7...Angry

+1
Very much me too!
By Dragonskunk - 9 Years Ago
Icons for non UV mapped materials that show transparency, reflection, and gloss etc.

I'd like it if there was a display mode selection and a match displayed mode as render. So that I could render in silhouette shading, wireframe, or without textures for effects.

Play a snippet of sound while scrubbing.

Save toon shading settings.

Save material settings to include specular, reflection, shine, etc. option

When using the Edit Motion Layer remember the last tool used so if I used rotate last I don't have to choose it again every time.

Have an orthographic mode to help visualize or align objects to a scene without the perspective view.
Here is a very powerful tool for iClone: The motion mixer.

The ability to choose a motion preset and combine them to other motion presets with options for the percentage override for each part of the body. Now you can mix and match increasing the ability to make even more unique actions. These setting can also be keyframed to transition form one motion to another seamlessly.

Example: Scene requires a character to walk and explain at the same time.

To do this you first select the the walking motion for your character then you choose another motion using the 'mix motion' feature and select the explaining motion. This opens a dialog with 4 percentage sliders to choose the amount of blend for each quadrant of the body. one for the right top, left top, lower right, lower left. In this example we will select 100% for the right top, 75% for the left top, and 0% for the 2 lower parts to keep the walking part.

There are so many uses for this feature, you can use a fixed pose mixed with a motion this will make the moving pose more subtle depending on how much the still pose is used. You can weave 2 motions that occur at different times for a smooth transition. You could have the character do things sitting that is mean for a standing motion and vice versa.
Dragonskunk (4/5/2015)
Here is a very powerful tool for iClone: The motion mixer.

The ability to choose a motion preset and combine them to other motion presets with options for the percentage override for each part of the body. Now you can mix and match increasing the ability to make even more unique actions. These setting can also be keyframed to transition form one motion to another seamlessly.

Example: Scene requires a character to walk and explain at the same time.

To do this you first select the the walking motion for your character then you choose another motion using the 'mix motion' feature and select the explaining motion. This opens a dialog with 4 percentage sliders to choose the amount of blend for each quadrant of the body. one for the right top, left top, lower right, lower left. In this example we will select 100% for the right top, 75% for the left top, and 0% for the 2 lower parts to keep the walking part.

There are so many uses for this feature, you can use a fixed pose mixed with a motion this will make the moving pose more subtle depending on how much the still pose is used. You can weave 2 motions that occur at different times for a smooth transition. You could have the character do things sitting that is mean for a standing motion and vice versa.

Isn't this exactly the Motion Puppet functionality (already available) ?
Cheers

Roberto
I'm taking about mixing from the content.
By Sifr - 9 Years Ago
Dragonskunk (4/6/2015)

Simular to the masking feature for iKinect plugin, but with adjustable sliders for blending the animation clips?w00tw00tw00t
Dragonskunk (4/6/2015)

Long time ago Sen (I think...) showed how to create a motion for the Motion Puppet which wraps a motion from the content.
This way any motion from the content can be added to the Motion Puppet (i.e., you will see it as one of the select-able motion icons of the Motion Puppet) and can be applied over an existing animation with masking.
The feature is already available! Wink

Cheers

Roberto
I wish for iClone to have some kind of crowd simulation. Where you can control many characters at once with simple rules and guidelines for them to follow. Throw in some randomness for motion shape and UV or colors of each character. Make a crowd follow a path or let them walk around and avoid obstacles. That would be so much fun just to experiment with alone. Imagine what epic stories could be told.

You can do this with softimage crowd sim and import the fbx into Iclone.
The problem I ran into was the polycount.
Iclone can't handle moderate polycount. It has to be low, maybe +-1k per character.
So they have to improve the mesh engine first before they do any crowd sim within Iclone.
hattori kun (4/20/2015)
You can do this with softimage crowd sim and import the fbx into Iclone.
The problem I ran into was the polycount.
Iclone can't handle moderate polycount. It has to be low, maybe +-1k per character.
So they have to improve the mesh engine first before they do any crowd sim within Iclone.

Is it possible to bring in a SCENE as FBX into ICLONE ?
yes, but you would have to either save their transform parameters so they don't enter at zero, or attach everything so it's imported as one asset that you can disassemble after import. There is no formal setting to import an entire scene, but you can apply the logistics in individual exports all the same so as you import each part, it simply falls into it's correct place. Also, no lights and camera.
There's no off switch for the message panel, it should an option in the preferences.
planetstardragon (4/20/2015)
yes, but you would have to either save their transform parameters so they don't enter at zero, or attach everything so it's imported as one asset that you can disassemble after import. There is no formal setting to import an entire scene, but you can apply the logistics in individual exports all the same so as you import each part, it simply falls into it's correct place. Also, no lights and camera.

In the context of a crowd scene, I meant the AVATARS as well.
By Sifr - 9 Years Ago
THIS IS MY LIST OF ENHANCEMENTS THAT I STRONGLY FEEL WOULD GREATLY SPEED PRODUCTIVITY AND REDUCE REPETITIVE CLICKS IN iCLONE(if any of these suggestions would conflict with other productivity issues in iClone at least make these suggestions a user selectable Preference.

In the Scene Manager right clicking on an asset should bring up a context window.w00t

Right clicking on preview/camera box should bring up a context window.w00t

All Transform Tools should be able to select any another object while in use, not just exclusive to the Selection Tool.w00tw00t

Independent preview and output resolutions.w00tw00t

Please bring back the pan hand in the menu scroll window.w00tw00tw00t

The window pane divider in Scene Manager, Content Menu, ect. should divide the panes evenly and when the user adjusts it, the divider should remember the user defined location universally, or by project, but never reset to default location when simply switching menus or projects, unless predefined by the project. All window pane dividers for that matter should do this.w00tw00tw00t

Sky Tool props i.e. Moon, Sun, ect. should be selectable with Selection Tool, not just exclusive to selection from the Scene Manager. For that matter, all asset should be selectable with the Selection Tool, with right click context menus .i.e cameras.w00tw00tw00t

When opening the Track Editor the Preview Window should not re-size the screen real estate to a smaller pane size along the boarders, but maintain it's maximum screen real estate size.w00tw00tw00t

When adjusting Avatar Proportion the avatar should default to a T-pose/A-pose but retain all animation data and reload it after proportion adjustments.w00tw00tw00t

Floating menus such Body, Facial, Collision Shape menus ect. should retain user input parameters when the menu is closed and reopened, especially for the same character. And you shouldn't have to close these menus to select any other tools.w00tw00tw00t

Basically the preview windows should maintain full screen real estate at all times, including when pnp is docked & when rotating the tablet to portrait mode.w00tw00tw00t

By Sifr - 9 Years Ago
The ability to select objects from within PnP, also allow highest render quality in PnP, as it is generally used to view the scene from the camera view which essentially is the final render view setup.  In it's current state I don't really see a beneficial useful enhancement for it's existence.
By Tarampa Studios - 9 Years Ago
Visconti (1/15/2015)
...  Reallusion keeps collecting different feedbacks and your important opinions to craft the best animation tool for everyone.... 

I hope the next update to 3DXhange will allow us to:

1) save large 3DX projects at stages while we are working on them, because it's too much work and time wasted during system crashes, power losses and other various unforeseeable disasters when we have to start over from scratch again. 

2) rename nodes and sub-nodes (Edit: Found this feature in 3DX5 already YAY!!!) ... so I'd like to replace this request, with a suggestion for editing of sound tracks loaded into the scene for BG music and SFX... nothing complex... just trimming, accelerating and slower-motion sound track would be very helpful. 

3) select items that all have the same material and load the material in one-click, instead of needing to load the same material 700 times for a 700 piece asset. 

4) rearrange the modify menu's so they are in a more logical order of which ones need to be done first during character conversion. 

5) offer a bone, skeleton and face rigging kit (with or without weight mapping), so we can turn un-rigged obj meshes of people, buildings and other props into cool toon avatars that need only 2 to 20 bones...

6) a morph-stretch-shrink-bend tool for bones would be terrificly handy, versatile and fun too Smile 

By JC Weatherby - 9 Years Ago
I've made this point elsewhere.  CHARACTERS NEED TO GROW AND EVOLVE WITH THE PROGRAM.  Otherwise, yes, our character investments become useless.
By JC Weatherby - 9 Years Ago
MERGE these tools into a fully integrated Suite, ala Adobe Creative Cloud:

ICLONE, DAZ STUDIO, SUBSTANCE PAINTER, MARVELOUS DESIGNER, BLENDER CYCLES.

Think you can get that to me in a week?  Wink
By primaveranz - 9 Years Ago
No doubt mentioned before but the ability to "Mirror" (Flip Horizontal and/or Vertical) a prop would be a useful option, and the same would apply for animations.
By theschemer - 9 Years Ago
Crucial.

"SPRING" working on the iClone 6 characters !!!

Smile

By Peter (RL) - 9 Years Ago
Thank you for all your excellent feedback since the release of iClone 6.

So we can better track your feedback, please can you now post all wishful feature requests in the main iClone Wishful Features forum below.

iClone Wishful Features

Thanks.