Crazytalk 6 - Now Available

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic20231.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Peter (RL) - 15 Years Ago

Now Available

What’s New

Dynamic Dialogue with Multi-character editing tracks

·    Multi-head setup is easy with fitting tools to identify up to 4 heads in any image.

·    Individual editing tracks for each character.

·    Transform and key-frame position.

·    Enhanced camera system with the functions of zooming in/out enables you to flexibly arrange the scene.

Enhanced Facial Mesh

·    The larger, full-hair mesh provides the most accurate fitting to make animation natural and lifelike.

·    Face Orientation setting enables more precise fitting for slight head turns

·    Auto face fitting adds another level of accuracy to the auto-fit engine.

Advanced Eye Setting

·    Eyeball color & reflection customization.

·    Eye lashes with transformable sizes.

·    EyeMagic adds cosmetic effects with various adjustable colors.

Performance & Output

·    Open GL hardware acceleration.

·    Direct output onto YouTube.

·    Export interactive avatars for web (iContent / iWidget).

By Flybynight - 15 Years Ago
Looks great. The multi-character editing tracks looks a winner.
Crazytalk 6 New Feature Preview - Multi Character Support

Now you can add up to four talking heads to your project.

Just setup the first one as you did in previous versions of Crazytalk.

But now in Crazytalk 6 you can click the Add Model button to setup another character.

Now in the new Stage tab you will see both of your heads ready to add their own voices and animate.

It's now so easy to have multiple characters in each project and all set up in minutes. 

By AverageJoe - 15 Years Ago
Hip hip hurray!! A long time desired feature!!! I cant wait...
By Paumanok West - 15 Years Ago
I am not very interested in multiple heads in one view.

This doesn't facilitate the composition of dramatic scenes, because everybody is looking at the camera (which is a no-no in film directing), not at each other. Doze

Some of the other features, however, will make a stellar application . . . more stellar. Tongue
Free Upgrade Policy For New Crazytalk 5 Purchasers.

For those considering purchasing Crazytalk 5 now, you will be pleased to know that from today, anyone who purchases Crazytalk 5 (Standard or Pro) will receive a FREE upgrade to Crazytalk 6 when it is released in the latter part of June.

For further information on this offer you can contact Customer Support using the link below:

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx.

By Illustrator Cathy - 15 Years Ago
Hey Peter - What about the folks (like me) who already have CT5 - will there be a special upgrade price for us?

Thanks,
Cathy Smile
By power - 15 Years Ago
Hi:

I hope there is a significant discount for CT 5 buyers. I have almost not used it...

Crazy
By Darren01 - 15 Years Ago
some good extra features, in particular the extra eye detail (shame Iclone 3 doesn't support the eyelash feature). Although several of the extra features mentioned above, may not be advantageous to me, as I only use CT to create scripts to use in Iclone - and I figure some of those mentioned features aren't currently supported by the current version of Iclone.

Peter, do you have any info on some of the other additional features improved from CT5 ? One feature I am interested in, is whether CT6 will offer the ability to export facial animation into Iclone with the option for a silent soundtrack. I have found a way to do it in CT5, but it's a rather messy & awkward procedure.

Also has the integration with Iclone improved ? ie facial animations on CT5 aren't always translated that well when it is exported into Iclone - mouth movement in particular.
Anim8torCathy (5/19/2009)
Hey Peter - What about the folks (like me) who already have CT5 - will there be a special upgrade price for us?

Thanks,
Cathy Smile

power (5/19/2009)
Hi:

I hope there is a significant discount for CT 5 buyers. I have almost not used it...

There will be a special upgrade price for existing Crazytalk 5 users. You won't be forgotten. Wink

Darren01 (5/20/2009)

Peter, do you have any info on some of the other additional features improved from CT5 ? One feature I am interested in, is whether CT6 will offer the ability to export facial animation into Iclone with the option for a silent soundtrack. I have found a way to do it in CT5, but it's a rather messy & awkward procedure.

Also has the integration with Iclone improved ? ie facial animations on CT5 aren't always translated that well when it is exported into Iclone - mouth movement in particular.

Because of the major changes to the script system in Crazytalk 6, it won't be compatible with iClone 3.2. Compatibility will be restored once the next version of iClone is released. Those with Crazytalk 5 can continue to use it alongside Crazytalk 6 to maintain compatibility with iClone3.

Because of the majorchanges to the script systemin Crazytalk 6, it won't be compatible with iClone 3.2. Compatibility will be restored once the next version of iClone is released. Those with Crazytalk 5 can continue to use it alongside Crazytalk 6 to maintain compatibility with iClone3.

Aha. Sounds like the growing pains of an application which is being significantly enhanced.

I LIKE significant enhancement! Tongue
By power - 15 Years Ago
Because of the major changes to the script system in Crazytalk 6, it won't be compatible with iClone 3.2. Compatibility will be restored once the next version of iClone is released.

Hi:

Hope there will be more releases under the 3.x versioning previous to a 4.x release. We still not have CloneCloth 3 available...

TIA

By olimichaels - 15 Years Ago
Please tell me it has audio scrubbing?

Really excited...
By jtorruellas - 15 Years Ago
Wow! all that new stuff is very cool. Is it going to work this time, or freeze like CT 5? Witch I never got to work on my computer? I can't wait.
By rgrove - 15 Years Ago
Marvellous! I'm looking forward to the upgrade
By davidjosue007 - 15 Years Ago
Can't wait for the new release. The new features and improvements are great!
By stacey - 15 Years Ago
Wow the new one looks awesome, as somebody doing language teaching videos I imagine it will be super helpful for me.

I think I paid for Crazytalk pro maybe 2 months ago - so of course I'm one of those people really hoping you'll either extend your free upgrade offer to anybody who has purchased within 6 months or so, or offer a very low cost upgrade! I was going to buy another emotion pack today but I think I'll hold off as this money would be better spent on the upgrade Smile
By animagic - 15 Years Ago
Paumanok West (5/19/2009)
I am not very interested in multiple heads in one view.

This doesn't facilitate the composition of dramatic scenes, because everybody is looking at the camera (which is a no-no in film directing), not at each other. Doze

Actually, I can see use for this in preparing dialog for iClone.  It will make it easier to program the facial experession of a character when another one is speaking.  I now sometimes load the second dialog as sound track for that purpose. 

So I hope compatibility will be restored soon!  Then again, it will give my time to save for the upgrade... BigGrin

The release of Crazytalk 6 is imminent. BigGrin

While waiting why not take a look at three new promo videos which showcase some of the new features. Just click the links below to see the videos.

Animated Comic

Kid Sketch

VividEye Demo

Look out for the release of Crazytalk 6 very soon now. Smile

What is the CrazyTalk Animation ToolBox that is available as a bundle with the CrazyTalk 6 upgrade?
Eyeball reflections ! Smile

and . . . .

Eyelashes ! BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
AND the ability to animate at an angle different from straight-on.

RL, you didn't even mention this when crowing about the new features!

Users, don't you agree that it's important?

(I wonder whether it may, in practical terms, be the most important feature?)

Note that the maximum allowable angle deviation is still very small.

Here is your future, folks: you are all going to be building facial models on multiple angles for CrazyTalk 6.

And because of the great results you get, you are not going to resent the extra work.
wizaerd (6/11/2009)
What is the CrazyTalk Animation ToolBox that is available as a bundle with the CrazyTalk 6 upgrade?

Take a look at the link below. This explains all about the Crazytalk 6 Animation Toolbox.

http://www.reallusion.com/contentstore/promo/crazytalk-animation-toolbox/.

I for oneam extrremely excited about the multiple character aspect... With good use of camera shots and transforms, coming up with an intriguing and exciting movie using just crazytalk becomes a much more enjoyable experience.

I only wish the Puppeteering aspect would allow for multiple tracks. In CT5, I'd do the eyes, then the mouth, then head movements and if they were laid out on their own tracks, I could re-do just the eyes. But alas, puppeteering still merges all the tracks into one, so there's no way to selectively re-do just one aspect or pass.

Either way, it's still an exciting upgrade and I cant wait to get home and start messing around with it...
By power - 15 Years Ago
Hi:

CT 6 definetely a musty upgrade. However some questions about the animation tool kit. I have purchased 3 or 4 of the effects packs (included in the toolkit). This means if I buy the toolkit I will be buying it twice? Or Upgrading my CT to 6 and re-installing teh efcets I will be able to use then?

Thanks again!!

Cool
power (6/11/2009)
Hi:

CT 6 definetely a musty upgrade. However some questions about the animation tool kit. I have purchased 3 or 4 of the effects packs (included in the toolkit). This means if I buy the toolkit I will be buying it twice? Or Upgrading my CT to 6 and re-installing teh efcets I will be able to use then?

Thanks again!!

Cool

If you already own some of the packs that are included in the Animation Toolbox then you can use these in Crazytalk 6. The Crazytalk 6 Animation Toolbox is made up of three packs that can be purchased individually so you might find it beneficial to just buy just the parts you don't have.

By theo_20090922190804334 - 15 Years Ago
Wow! CT6 is great! Played a bit after my download yesterday. All I can say is wow!
great work.
By michaelauknz - 15 Years Ago
Just Downloaded CraxyTalk 6

It Rocks and Works

And the audio is tight...

Mike
By shygirl - 15 Years Ago
Fantastic upgrade to Crazy Talk 6. BigGrin  One little problem.....Project Sam won't load for me Crying

Shy

By laughingcrows - 15 Years Ago
olimichaels (6/4/2009)
Please tell me it has audio scrubbing?

I tried the demo on v6, no audio scrubbing that I could find.

I was also was hoping to have the option of adjusting the strength of one phoneme and having it do an auto update of all occurrences instead of having to manually do every one.

Looks like it has some nice new features but the heart of it, the speech engine didn't seem to get any attention.
By djps55 - 15 Years Ago
i own crazytalk 5 and crazytalk 5 pro with 11 different add-ons
the upgrade price to crazytalk 6 pro was $74.95 or $149.95 depending what add - on package you got.
please direct me to where this crazytalk 6 free upgrade is,i am always looking to save money.
i seen they offered free trial,but that only lasted two weeks.w00t
djps55 (6/16/2009)
i own crazytalk 5 and crazytalk 5 pro with 11 different add-ons
the upgrade price to crazytalk 6 pro was $74.95 or $149.95 depending what add - on package you got.
please direct me to where this crazytalk 6 free upgrade is,i am always looking to save money.
i seen they offered free trial,but that only lasted two weeks.w00t

I'm not sure what "Crazytalk 6 Free Upgrade" offer you are referring to sadly. Ermm

If you purchased Crazytalk 5 after the announcement date of this thread then you will be entitled to a free copy of Crazytalk 6. If that is the case, and you haven't heard anything yet, then please contact Customer Support who will help you get your copy of CT6.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

By heather_20090922173857783 - 15 Years Ago
This looks great and I was ready to buy as in USA dollars it was 74 something but I needed to get it in GBS and they said it was £5o something plus conversion which brought it up to £60. Now I was expecting it to be about £37 - £38 plus conversion. Anybody help me here please?w00t
Peter Edwards (5/19/2009)
Free Upgrade Policy For New Crazytalk 5 Purchasers.

Forthose considering purchasing Crazytalk 5 now, you will be pleased to know that from today, anyone who purchases Crazytalk 5 (Standard or Pro) will receive a FREE upgrade to Crazytalk 6 when it is released inthe latter part ofJune.

For further information on this offer you can contact Customer Support using the link below:

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx.

Sorry just posted a question and then saw this. So do I get a free upgrade then as I have CT 5 Pro if I do will they tell me or what. Am now a little confused. But at my age that's understandable!!!!Hehe
heather (6/18/2009)

Sorry just posted a question and then saw this. So do I get a free upgrade then as I have CT 5 Pro if I do will they tell me or what. Am now a little confused. But at my age that's understandable!!!!Hehe

Hi Heather,

When did you purchase Crazytalk 5 Pro? The free upgrade offer applies from the forum announcement date which was the 19th May. If you purchased since that date then you will be entitled to a free upgrade. I hope this clears up any confusion.

No I've had this for some time - but can you answer the question of special price for me - see post before my last post. isn't 74 dollars equal to £37 so why are they asking me for more (£50)
Thanks a lot for your helpSmile
By djps55 - 15 Years Ago
i bought my crazytalk 5 and crazytalk 5 pro before the annoucement date.
thanks for the info(no free crazytalk 6)so loyal customers again will have to pay.
heather (6/19/2009)
No I've had this for some time - but can you answer the question of special price for me - see post before my last post. isn't 74 dollars equal to £37 so why are they asking me for more (£50)
Thanks a lot for your helpSmile

Hi Heather,

All sales are done through Element 5 and as Element 5 are based in Germany, orders from the UK are charged an additional 19% tax. This isn't something Reallusion can do anything about as sadly it is the law of the country involved. I'm from the UK too so I know how you feel.

By power - 15 Years Ago
Hi:

Well, lips sync is still a problem. CT still can't separate voice from music. I played with a Ricky Martin song (Tal Vez) and lips go to one direction and voice to another. This besides having some manual touching to lips.

I was expecting better lips sync in this release as it is two now from v4.

Ermm
There really aren't that many applications that can separate lyrics from music, it's a common conundrum when dealing with lip synching. I do think Reallusion could add some tools or fearures to make it easier, such as multiple audio tracks per customer, with toggles to lip synch only to a specific track. This would eliminate the need to use another program to composite it all together...