Reallusion goes Royalty-Free on 3D content

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic19484.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Visconti - 15 Years Ago
Dear members

Reallusion is going to officially announce Royalty-Free on 3D conetnt in the content store next week. It means you don't have to suffer any more hassle or concern on content use right, all content on Reallusion Content Store is royalty free now. Here is the short announcement for your reference.
===================================================================

Reallusion goes Royalty-Free on 3D content throughout the Reallusion Content Store 

More than quality and selection, royalty-free means once you buy content from Reallusion, you have the right to display that content within any number of commercial or personal projects and pay nothing more.  Simplify your creative world with royalty-free content and let your mind manage your creativity, not your usage rights.  Reallusion royalty-free 3D, the one stop digital content shop.

Pay once, Use Forever
Royalty- free content never has a cap on use and will never expire

Store & Access Content online
View your content inventory online or download any prior purchase

Got a paying gig?
Reallusion's Royalty-free 3D content can be used in your commercial projects

For complete details see the newly revised EULA
http://www.reallusion.com/Reallusion_Content_EULA.pdf

Note:
All content is licensed to one machine per account.  If you should require to share with other computers, then you will need to purchase a multi-seat license.  Contact sales@reallusion.com for further information.

By planetstardragon - 15 Years Ago
it's a beautiful thing when a company supports artists trying to survive with their art, thank you Smile

your support makes me feel good about the money i've invested in this.

take care,

Ricky
By Apparition - 15 Years Ago
All C4G3 Apparition products meet this criteria!

Once you buy it, you can use it all in your commercial production!  Just remember:  One kit per computer!   It takes time and effort to make this content.   It is good you can use it for your business projects.    It is good, we developers get fairly compensated by the effort!

This iClone world is.... Beautiful!

it seems logical to me that if you help me make money, it pays to keep you in business Smile
By Gorz - 15 Years Ago
White Tiger has always had everything specified in this way!

I can't see why first create an artist tool just to later kill the inspiration with JUNK LAW:s! and greed!

Good on you Reallusion, there is a lot of company:s that should learn from you!!!!!

Gorz / White Tiger

By fitz - 15 Years Ago
This is wonderful news! Thank you!!

Might I ask, however, how the new EULA and "one kit per computer" limitation will address backup copies and also how it will deal with hardware replacements/upgrades when a user needs to migrate the software content to a new computer?

Thanks again!
By Peter (RL) - 15 Years Ago
fitz (5/8/2009)
This is wonderful news! Thank you!!

Might I ask, however, how the new EULA and "one kit per computer" limitation will address backup copies and also how it will deal with hardware replacements/upgrades when a user needs to migrate the software content to a new computer?

Thanks again!

Hi Fitz,

There is no problem in making backups of content as long as it is a backup and not in use. Also if you buy a new computer you can move the content to the new machine but it should be removed from the old one.

Basically as long as only one computer is using the content it is fine. If you and another family member for example wish to use the content at the same time on two different computers, you will need to buy another copy of the content for the other machine.

By Dulci - 15 Years Ago
Thank you for this.
By Capemedia - 15 Years Ago
Fantastic stuff Reallusion you really do listen to us and make some outstanding choices.

Let us have our freedom and as a company you will benefit BigGrin

By motherreiver - 15 Years Ago
There is no problem in making backups of content as long as it is a backup and not in use. Also if you buy a new computer you can move the content to the new machine but it should be removed from the old one.

Basically as long as only one computer is using the content it is fine. If you and another family member for example wish to use the content at the same time on two different computers, you will need to buy another copy of the content for the other machine.

I usually use a machine until I choke the livin' daylights out of it - meaning, until it crashes and burns with no opportunity to bring it back.  I'm cheap like that  w00t Since I never know when the crash/burn date will arrive - what do I do if I CAN'T uninstall from a dead machine before applying software and content to a new machine?  Obviously I won't be using it on more than one machine, but due to the crash/burn inability to uninstall from old machine and install on new machine - How is this handled?

By Peter (RL) - 15 Years Ago
motherreiver (5/8/2009)
I usually use a machine until I choke the livin' daylights out of it - meaning, until it crashes and burns with no opportunity to bring it back.  I'm cheap like that  w00t Since I never know when the crash/burn date will arrive - what do I do if I CAN'T uninstall from a dead machine before applying software and content to a new machine?  Obviously I won't be using it on more than one machine, but due to the crash/burn inability to uninstall from old machine and install on new machine - How is this handled?

As long as the Content Packs are not being used on two computers at the same time it will be fine. Obviously there will be times (Hard disk crashes etc) when it will be impossible to remove the content, but as long as it isn't being used on the old machine, you will not be breaking the terms of the EULA.

By Apparition - 15 Years Ago
Hi Ma Reiver!

Get a goose quack!BigGrin   Long time, no see.   You can also start a conversational chain! Eh?

I can see the new awareness is creating a lot of concern!

Some advice:    Keep a copy or two of your content in either a secondary removable disk or a data DVD.

All C4G3 customers should not worry about losing their work.   Apparition operate on the basis of Good Faith from the customer.    C4G3 owners can send a Registration Email to meaparicio@inadep.com, stating the product you got, the acquisition date and of course name and an Email which will be treated confidentially and not used for any other purpose than solving backup problems, repairs or updates.

In case of loss, Apparition will gladly replace the lost material to all dear registered costumers!

Mike Aparicio

By surajit - 15 Years Ago
I usually store all my data in an external hard drive in which I also install the programs including iclone and other graphics programs that need the 750 GB space provided by the seagate freeagent pro.

Why  not  confine the license to a hard drive, rather than a PC, if you are thinking of real freedom. It only means whenever I am on tour, iClone and its content would become inaccessible to me.

Right now, I just unjack my hard drive and go on tours. Wherever I find a PC I can work.

I am not complaining. This is the beginning in the right direction. But tying the license to a hard drive, rather than a PC is more logical to me. It does not tie me down to one place.

Have a thought.

Regards

Surajit

i would think the end goal is to have the person that purchased it use it. one person can not be at 2 computers. I would think this would have to be done on good faith.

much like music, i can't control work that i've done being distributed freely on the net, nor do i have the time or desire to go around suing people, and paying my lawyer 500 bucks to collect 50, i count on people supporting me and my work in good faith...aka fans.

so i think part of the magic formula is doing such great work, people wouldn't dream on stopping you from making a living. Other than that, good luck in trying to stop people who don't care from not caring. Unfortunately profit loss is always a factor in a less than perfect world. I cant tell you how many hours of work I have not been paid for, but fortunately for me, I love my work and the people that support me make it worth it. Its still an art.
By motherreiver - 15 Years Ago
Apparition (5/9/2009)
Hi Ma Reiver!

Get a goose quack!BigGrin   Long time, no see.   You can also start a conversational chain! Eh?

w00tw00t and now I'm all quacked up HeheHehe

By 7261 - 15 Years Ago
thank you!!!!
By RMdog - 13 Years Ago
Is the content in Crazytalk Animator covered by this same Royalty-free/end user ?

For example I want to use the two Globetrotter (crude drawing of guy & gal) characters and the two CG (Humpy & Lumpy) characters in a documentary to narrate it. Then I will distribute it on DVD etc... Do I need to get permission / release?

Thanks
By Peter (RL) - 13 Years Ago
rmathew13 (1/5/2011)
Is the content in Crazytalk Animator covered by this same Royalty-free/end user ?

For example I want to use the two Globetrotter (crude drawing of guy & gal) characters and the two CG (Humpy & Lumpy) characters in a documentary to narrate it. Then I will distribute it on DVD etc... Do I need to get permission / release?

Thanks

The content in CrazyTalk Animator is royalty free for use in your movies generated by CTA so you don't need special permission. A credit is always appreciated though. Wink 

By JasonWynngard - 13 Years Ago
Just incorporate a DEACTIVATION feature into iClone similar to Adobe's. But unlike Adobe, also have a quick and simple verification for users whose computer or HDD died before deactivation ever occurred so they can install on a replacement computer. Adobe's aggravation for users is suddenly dead computers and being forced to buy the software all over again as a result.
By Peter (RL) - 13 Years Ago
JasonWynngard (11/29/2011)
Just incorporate a DEACTIVATION feature into iClone similar to Adobe's. But unlike Adobe, also have a quick and simple verification for users whose computer or HDD died before deactivation ever occurred so they can install on a replacement computer. Adobe's aggravation for users is suddenly dead computers and being forced to buy the software all over again as a result.

Hi Jason

iClone5 does have a deactivation feature already. When you login to your account you can click on License History. From there you can deactivate any computer that has iClone5 installed. It is always advised to uninstall first to deactivate but you can use your account when it is not possible to uninstall.

By Kinchie - 11 Years Ago
[I am late ssing this---but] This is certainly great news - thanks very much Reallusion people. It will a great benefit in assisting new users to develop their skills and increase their output.
By richinri - 11 Years Ago
I am guessing you have already seen an increase in sales due to this policy. Thank you!