What to EXPECT in 2014 with iClone!!

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic174586.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Bruce (RL) - 10 Years Ago
Hi all,

It's a brand new start in 2014! In these years, Reallusion has released some new updates to our main tools, including iClone5, CrazyTalk7, CrazyTalk Animator2, FaceFilter3 and more. We would really like to hear your voices and all your precious opinions will be the power for us to keep improving our service in the future. Therefore, we would like to invite you to finish a simple questionnaire and share your feedbacks with us.

Tell us your experiences with Reallusion

And what to expect in 2014 with iClone? Yes! You're right. iClone6. Here are some sneak new features preview for you.

1. Brand-new Dockable QT User Interface

It's not Maya, it's iClone. The whole new iClone 6 comes with a flexible user interface lets you detach, move and dock panels to customize your own layout and working style.

2. Big Quality Upgrade from Software Rendering

Other than the big enhancement on real-time engine, iClone6 will support software rendering through plug In architecture. The same content will looked totally different after the fine render.

3. Natural Soft Cloth to make your movements vivid

The new Soft Cloth physics for iClone6 make the dress looks real in motion. Designers can simply use a grayscale map to specify which part of the dress is governed by skin-bone, which others are governed by physics, the gradient provide smooth transition between them.

4. Tessellation from DirectX11

iClone6 has fully rebuilt it's core engine based on DirectX11. By combining GI and deferred lighting, there will be great visual improvement and more light numbers are supported. In addition, the newly added tessellation technology allows designers using displacement maps to control the mesh detail using GPU rendering.

5. Include Other Latest Technologies

As we mentioned above, iClone 6 is defiantly a big present that you don't want to miss in 2014. iClone 6 not only offer tons of new features, but also will adopt other leading technologies such as Nvidia PhysX , Speedtree 7 and Substance. Stay tuned to learn more of iClone6's new development update.

How do you think about these new features? Leave your comment below and share with us!!
By colour - 10 Years Ago
1) Flexible User Interface - Great newsSmile

2) Will there be a choice of User Interface Skin colo(u)r ?

3) DX 11- Great news Smile

4) Will nVidia GPU Rendering be CUDA enabled? I'm currently AMD/ATI & would only change to nVidia, if CUDA enabled.

By animatom - 10 Years Ago
My God, Bruce... This made my day. I love you all there.... Smile
By Magical Kingdom - 10 Years Ago
It would be nice to have a plugin like http://www.marvelousdesigner.com/txtPost_CommentEmoticon('Smile');
By wires - 10 Years Ago
This looks really impressive, and may cause some users to postpone productions while waiting for the release. w00tCoolWink
By Sen - 10 Years Ago
Very impressive . Great job RL Team .
By RobertoColombo - 10 Years Ago
A couple of kind requests:

1. seamless conversion/compliance of projects developed with iClone5
2. (if possible) faster rendering/execution engine when many avatars are added

Then one mandatory request: iClone6 for free for all of us BigGrin

By prabhatM - 10 Years Ago
Bruce (RL) (1/15/2014)

It's not Maya, it's iClone.....

It reminds me of an incident. Macromedia improved its UI with dockable menus. In the launching event, the CEO said it's not Photoshop, it's Flash !!

Sometime later, Adobe sued Macromedia and then finally bought the company.

Is RL ready for a takeover ?

Well, ICLONE and CTA definitely fit a niche !!! Both on the usablity and Price-Point curve !

Hope Autodesk is not salivating !

By duchess110 - 10 Years Ago
Great Work RL Team.

Love the soft cloth video cannot wait to try that feature out.

By SeanMac - 10 Years Ago
This is all good news.

I had a little difficulty with the language on #4 Tessellation on iClone 6.

May I offer a version.

Computer Graphics and Animation technology has inevitably had to acquire many jargon terms for novel actions and processes. Out of courtesy to the reader, the custom in technical journals is to gloss or explain the terms at first mention and then to add a reference to allow the reader to look up the term later in greater detail.

"iClone6 has fully rebuilt its core engine based on DirectX11 (cf Notes #1). By combining GI (Global Illumination Notes #2) and deferred lighting (Deferred Shading Notes #3), there will be great visual improvement and more light numbers [perhaps 'additional stage lights'?] are supported. In addition, the newly added tessellation technology (cf Notes #4) allows designers using displacement maps (scit: A displacement map is a texture that stores height information. Notes#5) to control the mesh detail (Mesh Subdivision Notes #6) using GPU (Graphics Processing Unit Notes #7) rendering. "

[I am no expert and I may have made mistakes here. I should be grateful if these were suitably emended.]

Notes For further details
1.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectX_11#DirectX_11
2.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_illumination
3.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_Shading
4.http://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/technology/dx11/technology
5.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Displacement_mapping
6.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesh_subdivision
7.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_processing_unit

Homebuild i7-2600K @3.4Ghz , 16 Gb, 3.5Tb HDD, Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 470; Win 7 64-bit
Reallusion products : iClone 5.4, 3DXChange 5; Adobe Creative Cloud sub; Autodesk Free version; Techsmith SnagIt; MusicMaker + Oxygen 49 keyboard ; Kinect for Windows

By Bigboss - 10 Years Ago
These features look very interesting...

For the Soft Cloth Physics, it would be nice if the Base Avatars were physics ready so that we do not have to add rigid bodies to collide with the soft Cloth.

The dock-able GUI is really really cool.... Smile

Finally PhysX & Speed Tree ... Really Cool ....

I hope that we can get our hands on the Betas Smile

Great JOB ! Smile
By The Mythical Dragon - 10 Years Ago
Looking forward to playing with the toys. Sounds great.

By emmanual - 10 Years Ago
These are great news!
Just don't jack up the price or something ridiculous.
By animagic - 10 Years Ago
colour (1/16/2014)
2) Will there be a choice of User Interface Skin colo(u)r ?

+1 on that one. It will expand the potential user base enormously and include those that have currently problems with user-interface contrast. QT has the capability for customizable skins built in, so it is not complicated to add something like that. Actually, some of the other RL products with a QT-based GUI already have better contrast. 

Other than that, great news! It woke me right up...Dozew00t

By Magique - 10 Years Ago
Awesome news. I'm pleased to see that my SpeedTree suggestion was implemented as well as the improved rendering capabilities. I'm a bit disappointed that we aren't seeing any terrain engine improvements, however.

What exactly is being used to do the software rendering? Also, when will we see some video clips of some of these new features? The little thumbnail showing off the software rendering doesn't really tell me anything. I honestly can't see any difference and the image isn't encouraging.
I would like to add that I really could use this version right now. I'm going to be using iClone 5 for a cool special effects shot in my latest episode of Galahad, but it will pale in comparison to something I could do with SpeedTree integration and improved rendering. How does one get into a beta for this?
By vidi - 10 Years Ago
WOW !!! w00tCool The new features looks awesome to me
By Peaches Chrenko - 10 Years Ago
w00tBigGrin Sooooo Cool RL I'm excited about ALL these improvements. UI skin color control would be helpful and cool and I love the Dockable UI! PLEASE HURRY RL, CAN'T WAIT!!!Hehe
By mtakerkart - 10 Years Ago
TAKE MY MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TongueSmileBigGrinCoolHeheWinkw00tSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

Seriously I expected it for months!!!!!

Please , the day you know a release date , tell us !

Marc
I expected only the lighting... The rest is bonus for my need!!

Marc
By Capemedia - 10 Years Ago
Very impressive looking upgrade but I hope us directors aren't left behind by those who need a science degree just to use the software.

Clever software is great but without the core of great stories, film making skills and animation masters, it's just all source code.

I trust Reallusion will take this into account Smile

Thanks BigGrin
By sjonesdc - 10 Years Ago
emmanual (1/16/2014)
These are great news!
Just don't jack up the price or something ridiculous.

I second this and leave us nobs behind
By justaviking - 10 Years Ago
Wow, wow, WOW!!!!

Can't wait!!!

Looking forward to continued updates, screenshots, and mini video clips.

Also looking forward to hearing an estimated availability timeframe.

By Cricky - 10 Years Ago
Bruce (RL) (1/15/2014)
Hi all,

It's a brand new start in 2014! In these years, Reallusion has released some new updates to our main tools, including iClone5, CrazyTalk7, CrazyTalk Animator2, FaceFilter3 and more. We would really like to hear your voices and all your precious opinions will be the power for us to keep improving our service in the future. Therefore, we would like to invite you to finish a simple questionnaire and share your feedbacks with us.

1. Brand-new Dockable QT User Interface

It's not Maya, it's iClone. The whole new iClone 6 comes with a flexible user interface lets you detach, move and dock panels to customize your own layout and working style.

2. Big Quality Upgrade from Software Rendering

Other than the big enhancement on real-time engine, iClone6 will support software rendering through plug In architecture. The same content will looked totally different after the fine render.

3. Natural Soft Cloth to make your movements vivid

The new Soft Cloth physics for iClone6 make the dress looks real in motion. Designers can simply use a grayscale map to specify which part of the dress is governed by skin-bone, which others are governed by physics, the gradient provide smooth transition between them.

4. Tessellation from DirectX11

iClone6 has fully rebuilt it's core engine based on DirectX11. By combining GI and deferred lighting, there will be great visual improvement and more light numbers are supported. In addition, the newly added tessellation technology allows designers using displacement maps to control the mesh detail using GPU rendering.

5. Include Other Latest Technologies

As we mentioned above, iClone 6 is defiantly a big present that you don't want to miss in 2014. iClone 6 not only offer tons of new features, but also will adopt other leading technologies such as Nvidia PhysX , Speedtree 7 and Substance. Stay tuned to learn more of iClone6's new development update.

How do you think about these new features? Leave your comment below and share with us!!

Dockable - Great; If it can be set in preference(s) quick select options. This would allow multiple configuration choices and settings that could be selected and used for desktop and laptops, if used on various models of computer.

Soft Cloth clothing... OK -

More Lighting Options. Why the limit to 4 Dir/Spots and 4 Point Lights? Perhaps make it a selectable preference for number of lights available and the user will have to adjust the qty based on their computers capabilities and save them for their preference option(s). Perhaps this is what was meant in #4 above "more light numbers"?

Multiple preference configurations would be nice:

Option One, Option Two, Option Three, etc.; each with the settings desired as radio button options based on whether they are using it as a Desktop or Laptop version. This way configurations could be used as an (*.ini) option that could be transferred to the other system with all preferences intact. It could also be saved for when an uninstall is required to accomplish a clean install replacement or upgrade, and not having to reset all those preferences again.

I usually view everything in date modified sequence, because that is usually what I'm looking for; what I'm doing now. The problem is, whenever I close iClone, I have to set those options all over again, every time I start iClone because it defaults to an alphabetic sequencing. Regardless of preference of the user, these minor resets each time can be tedious.

One last item: Some may not remember this option; The VCR video controls would be a nice comeback. I got a lot of use out of them to control video footage playback (Play-Pause-Stop) on the timeline. ...but it's been a few versions. I mentioned this during the BETA when it was dropped, but it fell on deaf ears.

That's it for now. I filled out the questionnaire form and it contains other things, but no sense in repeating those here.

Bottom line, is it surely looks like things are advancing. Some hard work being accomplished in the background. Looking good.
By Shaky - 10 Years Ago
iClone6? (pulls out credit card)
By martok2112 - 10 Years Ago
iClone 6....oh, HELL YES! Smile

Looks like it has some cool new features.

I agree with the notion that it should have easy compatibility with projects made in iClone 5 so that if we're in mid-production on something, we don't have to stop and re-reproduce everything to suit iC6.

I also agree that MORE LIGHTS are needed, and better shadow options.

And please...pleeeeeaaaase..... don't jack up the price! BigGrin
By yoyo26 - 10 Years Ago
There will be REAL reflection this time? please....
By IO1 - 10 Years Ago
I love the improvements you've mentioned, the move to DX11 is awesome. The sound work flow is sometimes a bit cumbersome to use.

*Positional sound would be nice and a sound workflow more like a sequencer.
*Ragdolls would be awesome.
*Pupil dilation would be great.
*Built in text objects would be great in both 2d & 3d.
*Physics forces would be great.
* Foot sliding.

I'm looking forward to this update thanks for the great work.

By yoyo26 - 10 Years Ago
Please:
1) don't forget to add real reflection option on all surfaces, and not just on water.
2) Possibility to have lens halo when whe have sun
3) more specials effect

The number of lighting is a great feature!

Thank you !!!
By Rampa - 10 Years Ago
These new features look outstanding!!!

I am hoping that walking along paths, without being attached to them, sees some improvements as well.

Really looking forward to the new version.Smile
By planetstardragon - 10 Years Ago
very nice, especially loving the look of the new layout!! w00t
@Cricky and Martok - Peter(RL) has said the lighting module is being completely replaced.  I've always assumed that mean more (unlimited?) lights, and he's never contradicted me when I've stated my assumption.

ABOUT REFLECTIONS -- DirectX11 will unleash a world of capability!!!  (Maybe even fog.  I wonder if anyone here on this forum cars about fog.)

By mark - 10 Years Ago
I just want to know...
WHO'S GOIN' TO CLEAN MY KEYBOARD????
SEEMS I'VE DROOLED ALL OVER IT!!!!BigGrinBigGrinBigGrinBigGrin:

Way to go folks, you just made my year !!!!! TongueTongueTongue

I assume we'll be able to "dock" over multiple monitors...??
By dylan pony - 10 Years Ago
when is iclone ever coming to the mac osx ...
i hate running windows....

please give mac users some love !!BigGrin
justaviking (1/16/2014)
 (Maybe even fog.  I wonder if anyone here on this forum cars about fog.)

Armstrong cares about fog. Most definitely.

By Tok39Larraby - 10 Years Ago
Will ic6 require graphics hardware to fully support DirectX 11?

My son can't play latest Call of Duty title because his Nvidia gaming card doesn't 'completely' support DX11 (card is a couple of years old but reasonably high spec)

Are those of us using older cards going to have to outlay for new ones to run IC6?

Simon

By Rampa - 10 Years Ago
Is that new soft cloth demo from the "real-time" (by frame) renderer, or the software one?

It looks quite convincing, as the cloth seems to be actually contacting the avatar's legs.
animagic (1/16/2014)
justaviking (1/16/2014)
 (Maybe even fog.  I wonder if anyone here on this forum cars about fog.)

Armstrong cares about fog. Most definitely.

Yeah, just having fun poking at him.

Tok39Larraby (1/16/2014)
Will ic6 require graphics hardware to fully support DirectX 11?

My son can't play latest Call of Duty title because his Nvidia gaming card doesn't 'completely' support DX11 (card is a couple of years old but reasonably high spec)

Are those of us using older cards going to have to outlay for new ones to run IC6?

Simon

Probably, if you want to benefit from those features.  But I should probably keep my mouth closed, because I'm only guessing and assuming.  How gracefully will iClone 6 handle older systems running DX10 (or 9)?  Good question.

By Teviniii - 10 Years Ago
Terrific!!!!!!!

CAN'T WAIT!
By Pat59 (RL) - 10 Years Ago
The great work!
I love to put my little hands under the hood of Wonder
One thing that would be nice to include a "reaction Manager"
A bit like 3DS Max, this would venture to make reusable fixtures friendly enough.
Everyone can not afford 3DS Max ...
By lokimaru2013 - 10 Years Ago
Please, add shortcuts customization fuction.
By Luna - 10 Years Ago
Impressive! I'm curious to see how far you install the new features. And I hope, the clothes won't poking through.

Luna

By rampart - 10 Years Ago
Couple things.

We need more efficiency in the iclone to enable faster load times of content items and projects.

I would really like to see some closeups of the GUI.
By Agonos - 10 Years Ago
Waouhh...Great job the "TeamReal" Smile . I hope the display Iclone6 will be more stable on my computer that version 5 to avoid seeing this kind of following problem after a few minutes of use
Smile
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/8358/k6m6.jpg
By mr_vidius - 10 Years Ago
iclone 6? oh my goodness! well now.. my question is.. will I have to be doing any refitting of my current computer?(major hardware upgrades)  will IC6 be 64 bit? and of course.. as was stated by others.. will I be able to use projects and props created in iclone 5? will I be able to import from iclone 5 folders, content. without having the miracle of watermarks. and have to go online each time to get rid of them. or will I have to copy content to iclone 6 folders and then go thru a 15 hour verify session? cause I do have a large content collection. yes, I spend alot of money here.

just asking.. i'm addicted to iclone. and I plan to keep productions going till 6 gets here. iclone 6 is sounding good so far.. better rendering sounds awesome.

vidius

By colour - 10 Years Ago
"Agonos (1/17/2014)
Waouhh...Great job the "TeamReal" Smile . I hope the display Iclone6 will be more stable on my computer that version 5 to avoid seeing this kind of following problem after a few minutes of use
Smile
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/8358/k6m6.jpg
"

Have you Posted this problem in the Iclone General Forum? If not, I suggest you do-so.

By colour - 10 Years Ago
"rampart (1/17/2014)
Couple things.

We need more efficiency in the iclone to enable faster load times of content items and projects.

It is unreasonable to have 3.3 minute video projects take 2-1/2 minutes to load before we can work on them. Huge time waster. Maybe, we need a bell, buzzer or something to let us know when our project or content is loaded. We can go and do other things that need being done, instead of sitting in front of the computer....waiting....waiting. After the bell goes off we can come back to iclone and do our work. Don't dismiss this as unreasonable. I loaded a 105KB avatar and it took over 1 minute to load into iclone. It didn't matter whether it was the first time I loaded it, or second or third time, etc.

So, bring on the bell, if you can't do something about this.

http://timer.onlineclock.net/timers/ This is what I am planning to use, or somthing like it. This is a serious issue, especially for those of us who really have to get things done.

I would really like to see some closeups of the GUI."

Accepted that Projects per se, can take some time to load & not at all, your particular problem seems to be related to your own Workflow. Heeding the advice already given in various Threads / Posts, should improve your Project Load times. 

By the way , if you need pre-order to help , I'm your customer ! Wink

Anything about graph editor ? Cool

Marc
mtakerkart (1/17/2014)

Anything about graph editor ?

Marc

Yes, I believe that has been mentioned as something we can look forward to.  But to what extent?  Don't know.

By Shaky - 10 Years Ago
RL, any ideas on upgrade costs for iClone6? I need to start saving.

Also, will 3DXchange6 also be released?
By Zetality - 10 Years Ago
Sounds like a great leap forward in quality! but can you please squeeze in a facial mocap system?

Here is an open source one if you could use the script http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cB8vS6rUbY

Brekel of the Brekel facial mocap software may make a plugin for your software -maybe he needs an invitation to become a developer and sell his plugin on your store.
one thing I'd love to see in the next version of iclone - is a way to reconnect videos to projects quickly.

After I built my new computer and moved my drive over ....all my embeded video links in my projects are broken. A search for missing file option would be nice to quickly fix the broken links.
By bibbinator - 10 Years Ago
So if iClone 6 uses QT, can we expect a Mac and Linux version coming then?

Give Mac users some love please!
By Rampa - 10 Years Ago
Please,please' please include a few CloneCloth bases that use the new cloth physics!Rolleyes
By warlord720 - 10 Years Ago
The toys and tools just keep on coming. Never since version 1 have I been disappointed in an upgrade. They have always been major upgrades particularly when compared to the price of iClone (including the pipeline version) versus other 3D tools.

Now like Mark I have to go find another keyboard as mine is soaked in drool.Cool
By davidjosue007 - 10 Years Ago
Sees to be excellent updates; can't wait to see that
Suggetion :

When e-onsoftware annonced the plantfactory , they put every monday on new feature.
It was very comforting for the pre-order beta . They relaesed the tool 4 months after the first
post-thread ! Wink

Marc
By Sifr - 10 Years Ago
Facial mo-cap has been a request of mine for a while, even hand mo-cap is possible now. But more to the iClone hopeful inclusions which I'm sure it's a no brainer..... physics hair including facial hair, and I'm sure secondary motions in jiggly places like fatty pockets would be a possible implementation it shows up in 3dxchange but needs to be more refined.
By Apparition - 10 Years Ago
Dear Bruce:

More than an "Upgrade", version 6 looks to me as a totally new release, full of power and innovation.

There are concerns regarding Third Party Content Developers and the new announcement.

The fact the announcement is done quite early it is highly probable the content market is GOING TO BE AFFECTED, because in a logical reaction, content buyers will be reluctant to invest in content, mainly when there is a perspective of a total new approach for it.

For the sake of all our developer efforts, (and I think I am speaking with the voice of many) it would be very supportive from your part to detail the compatibility degree to be expected with the new release.

a) Will G5 full standard to be maintained?

b) Will there be a better means for developers to work, than the contorted way via 3DXchange, which does NOT allow to implement may IMPORTANT features, like "Selection sets", Skin rigging, etc.?

c)In other words, a suitable plugin for the latest versions of MAYA and MAX are indispensable, because the ones available reach as high as MAX version 11, and you MUST CONSIDER, older versions of MAY and MAX are not possible to be obtained, except from the illegal market.

d)Will the current structure for Props, Accessories and such be maintained? Wit Alley, we are engaged in the production of a lot of content using the new Avatar Controller and truly wee need possible buyers to KNOW, the product will be usable and effective with iClone 6?

Please understand our concerns, but take for granted our admiration for the tremendous creativity exhibited by your Development Staff!

Do not forget our disposition to test and support your early tests and beta programs!

Congratulations!

Mike Aparicio
By duchess110 - 10 Years Ago
Apparition (1/18/2014)
Dear Bruce:

c)In other words, a suitable plugin for the latest versions of MAYA and MAX are indispensable, because the ones available reach as high as MAX version 11, and you MUST CONSIDER, older versions of MAY and MAX are not possible to be obtained, except from the illegal market.

Mike Aparicio

I agree with you on most of your concerns and comments.

I still run with Max 2010 so I hope RL if they bring out a new plugin will continue to support it.

If you have a subscription with Autodesk you can still have access to older versions legally and not as you have stated.

By fablefox - 10 Years Ago
Good news.

However, 3D Exchange is a large pipe of the pipeline, or should I say, the gate keeper. So no matter how many bonus point does IClone 6 have, I need to have the news alongside what improvement 3D Exchange will have.

Can't wait.
By alemar - 10 Years Ago
WOW!
Can´t wait!
When will be ready??
By theschemer - 10 Years Ago
Sounds exciting, but as a new user that just purchased iClone 5.5, I too want to know if anything I buy now as far as extras and content, will be usable in version 6? Backwards compatibility is a great thing and I want to buy stuff I can use looking forward. Wink
theschemer
By Rampa - 10 Years Ago
Bruce,

Will the existing Biosphere trees be compatible with the new Speedtree integration?
If we refer to the Bruce announcement the January 31th 2013, the Iclone 5 major update was the March 11th... So , may be March again !! Tongue

Marc
hmm... Whilst I love the new features. I'm increasingly worried given my video card doesn't fully support Direct X 11, that I will also be needing a new card in order to get started with IC6.

As the next video card I buy is going to be even higher up the ladder when the time comes, ... It's going to add considerably (probably more than double the base IC6 pro price in order to be able to use the product.)

In my favour, I will be able to upgrade IC5P instead of full version, but still it's going to cost me a whack. Even if RA gives me a freebie like they did with CTA2. It's still going to cost me a lot (I bought half the content store so that I qualified for the freebie CTA2 upgrade. )

The best outcome for me would be to be told that I will still be able to run IC6 with DirX 9/10 just without the same performance/features. ... That would be nice. .. but I seriously doubt that will be possible. (happy to be corrected Bruce)

The other option will be to wait till I'm ready to upgrade my card before thinking about an upgrade to IC6. As my current 2yo card cost me $400 I hope to go another year or so and then upgrade the card along with the entire system.

Kind of a 'buzz-kill' for me atm.

By brothertcoleman - 10 Years Ago
+1 for Facial mocap system and also a better way to create a face from a photos .
By RobertoColombo - 10 Years Ago
Tok39Larraby (1/19/2014)
hmm... Whilst I love the new features. I'm increasingly worried given my video card doesn't fully support Direct X 11, that I will also be needing a new card in order to get started with IC6.

As the next video card I buy is going to be even higher up the ladder when the time comes, ... It's going to add considerably (probably more than double the base IC6 pro price in order to be able to use the product.)

In my favour, I will be able to upgrade IC5P instead of full version, but still it's going to cost me a whack. Even if RA gives me a freebie like they did with CTA2. It's still going to cost me a lot (I bought half the content store so that I qualified for the freebie CTA2 upgrade. )

The best outcome for me would be to be told that I will still be able to run IC6 with DirX 9/10 just without the same performance/features. ... That would be nice. .. but I seriously doubt that will be possible. (happy to be corrected Bruce)

The other option will be to wait till I'm ready to upgrade my card before thinking about an upgrade to IC6. As my current 2yo card cost me $400 I hope to go another year or so and then upgrade the card along with the entire system.

Kind of a 'buzz-kill' for me atm.

Lucky you who just need a new graphic card: I need to change my (now) 5-years old computer already for iClone5... negotiation with the wife on going BigGrin
I am pleased to see that Substance will be included
I have this software and capable of operating in iClone will be a treat.
And more users, to modify the texture directly into iClone with the settings that will be available should satisfy more than one.
Tok39Larraby (1/19/2014)

I would expect we'd be able to run IC6 with DX 9 or 10, but with all the fancy new featured grayed out.  That would be fairly typical of lots of other software.  But, sadly, have also seen it where DX11 is an absolute requirement, and software won't even install without it because if fails the system requirements test.

MODERATOR QUESTION -- Peter(RL) or other mod... can you comment on that?  Please.  It's going to be very critical to probably a lot of people.

By davidktimperley - 10 Years Ago
This all looks good. I have been wondering how long it was going to be, before iClone bolted in a non-realtime render option.

I'd like to spruck a possible new feature.

This is a web site for a new product...
https://plotagon.com/

In many ways it's similar to iClone.

The main feature I like is the 'vocalization' of the characters based on a 'film script' interface.
I'd like to see something similar for iClone.

This feature would make the construction of animatics more useful as 'scratch' dialogue can be added.
Training videos could be made without the need to hire vocal talent.

There is an opportunity for Reallusion to generate recurring revenue from character vocals add-ons which could be sold in the content store.
Not just generic male or female voices. What about Darth Vader, Inspector Clouseau, Karate Kids Mr Miyagi? George Bush, or Arnie ?

@davidktimperley

Whlst iClone does support TTS technology, the actual voices/voice technology, is provided by third parties. I purchased three voices from two different vendors and they work quite well.

Unfortunately, I didn't read the user agreement that accompanied them. (from both vendors)

1. You can only use for your own personal use.
2. You are not licensed to post any video incorporating the voices on Youtube.
3. A licence to post on Youtube (but constained to allowing you to only send direct links to friends - In other words, you cannot post publicly.) will set you back another $70 on top of the $45 you have already outlaid.
4. Pricing for Commercial use? - Dependent on size of audience and quoted accordingly. I was quoted $1200 per voice for my State's Education Department.

Have moved a tad off topic but I don't think voice engine technology is on RA's horizon. The TTS features within IC5 work really well... Just wish I could use the voices I have in the output I create. It's a damn site easier than having to 'find' voice talent and useful, particularly when you want to mock something up.

Simon
Hi Simon,
I've also looked into incorporating 'generated vocals'. I was put off by the licences of some products, and the need to import the audio from separate applications.
It's interesting learning of your experiences.

iClone is pretty much built on licensed tech so I'm hoping that this sort of capability isn't beyond the scope of Reallusions abilities.

I'm attempting to stimulate conversation on this sort of functionality. If there is a positive reaction by the users, Reallusion is more likely to examine potential implementations.

I wouldn't be in favor of adding a vocalization component as it steers away from the core iClone functionality. I looked at some of the plotagon videos, and one of the drawbacks of TTS is evident, there is not much difference whether the speaker is happy, sad, or angry. I also found the resulting animation quite mechanical. It is the EZ button approach and it is quite clever, but there are obvious limitations.

The TTS licensing restrictions have already been mentioned and I wouldn't want to price of iClone to increase just to have the convenience of vocalization. All the functionality to do lipsynching is already included. I would rather have RL improve that part, as currently quite a lot of editing is still required to correct the errors in the recognition component.

I'm not against using TTS and do so myself. I actually use a service that doesn't have licensing restrictions that have been pointed out,

By Dreamcube017 - 10 Years Ago
WELL NOW!!! This is very interesting indeeed!

PhysX, cloth (guessing ran by PhysX as well, Substances will be AMAZING, and even the way cloth works as well.

I also like how you snuck something about GI and deferred lighting in there as well. Hm I may just have to upgrade when it comes out after I finish some other audio projects.

Also I'm wondering if we will be able to do the cloth thing with any object that has this cloth grayscale map you mentioned. This will REALLY come in handy for Daz characters that have those big dresses and long hair pieces that look like they should flow and move... but don't. I'm assuming those get created like a UV map... kind of like weight painting.

Anyhow, this is some great news. I'll keep an eye out.
Ok now I'm responding to what others have said. Yeah the TTS license seems just terrible. I have a feeling the companies would charge RL a nice pretty penny to have some of the voices included with the program.

Yes they would be good for some basic mockups, but on a finished piece, it really is a good idea to go and find some talent. VoiceActingAlliance has a lot of people there willing to help out. (I'm on there as well)
By prabhatM - 10 Years Ago
Dreamcube017 (1/24/2014)

This will REALLY come in handy for Daz characters that have those big dresses and long hair pieces that look like they should flow and move... but don't. I'm assuming those get created like a UV map....

I doubt it. At this moment the FBX from DAZ has clothes merged onto the character's body, like a second skin. But I am hoping RL will do something and help bring in Daz clothes as clothes, sometime in future.
=======
I also hope RL will allow DAZ Morphs THROUGH SLIDERS in ICLONE as they are available in 3DX Facial setup.
By Evgeny2 - 10 Years Ago
Very interesting news! Smile

It would be very desirable to have opportunity to add new morphs directly in iClone. It is necessary for example for correction of some poses.
And for this purpose very much it would be desirable to receive GOZ(ZBrush) or that-nibut the similar.
prabhatM (1/24/2014)
Dreamcube017 (1/24/2014)

This will REALLY come in handy for Daz characters that have those big dresses and long hair pieces that look like they should flow and move... but don't. I'm assuming those get created like a UV map....

I doubt it. At this moment the FBX from DAZ has clothes merged onto the character's body, like a second skin. But I am hoping RL will do something and help bring in Daz clothes as clothes, sometime in future.

I was burning some time during a render, and was window shopping the Reallusions and Daz content stores. The quality of the Daz stuff in much higher. I hope that Reallusions continues to improve the import of Daz models.
animagic (1/21/2014)
I looked at some of the plotagon videos, and one of the drawbacks of TTS is evident, there is not much difference whether the speaker is happy, sad, or angry. I also found the resulting animation quite mechanical. It is the EZ button approach and it is quite clever, but there are obvious limitations.

I'm guessing, but I reckon the problem with the lack of emotion on those Plotagon videos is the 'script based' interface. Unless the author specifies an emotion, the characters will speck their lines 'straight'. If such a facility is added to iClone, we already have the tools available to add character to the actors.

As for the expense of licencing, I wonder if anyone has tried Google? They have some brilliant tech available for 'text to speech' interpretation.
i just did a search on the google speech synthesis, it seems they have it tied into their android app ..and google play - but it doesn't look like they are making it available otherwise. I'm guessing it will also be strict with licensing and content ID ripping at anyone using it.
I've been learning Blender and came across this bit of information about their new Cycles rendering system.

http://www.blendernation.com/2014/01/27/cycles-standalone-renderer/#utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Blendernation+%28BlenderNation%29

Apparently, this will allow their amazing rendering system to be used by other 3D applications. It would be nice if iClone was planning to use this in version 6.
By Cellygon - 10 Years Ago
Wow, I am late to the party but I am very excited for iClone 6. Loved the new UI and the new physic cloth/other features. Can't wait for it to come out.

Just one question, to take advantage of Nvidia PhysX, I would need a Nvidia Graphic Card with PhysX support right? if so, I need a hardware upgrade.

So when in 2014 can we expect this to be out?

This is the BIG question of all of us......... Wink

For me ,I stop my pipeline and i won't buy anything in the store till the release.

Marc
Well, first it has to be ready, then we have beta testing, which hasn't been announced yet, then we have a release. It wouldn't be next month. Maybe 6 or 9 months from now? w00t

We'll have to keep being stuff though so that the developers can eat. A statement form RL as to the compatibility of current iClone content would help alleviate a buyer's stop...Unsure 

By Rampa - 10 Years Ago
The avatars are still going to be skin/bone models. We know that.BigGrin

I'm dreaming of this, but not holding my breath.

I have read that Physx will use the CPU if no compatable GPU is available.
By Sen - 10 Years Ago
rampa (1/28/2014)

I have read that Physx will use the CPU if no compatable GPU is available.

Yes it's true Wink . With Nvidia GPU , hardware acceleration only ( less time to calculate ) .

I hope , one day , we can import real sim fluide in iclone w00t .
By Postfrosch - 10 Years Ago

Hello people,
the new Futeres shown so far have been very successful.
I just hope that the content used previously with IClone 6
will still work as before. the hullabaloo from 4 to 5 need not be again.
Otherwise, it means waiting patiently for October 2014. Rather, it will probably not give 6 IC ..

Greetings from Germany
Werner (Postfrosch)
rampa (1/28/2014)

I'm dreaming of this, but not holding my breath.

Drool.

I am really looking forward to hearing more details about the extent of DirectX11 support.  That holds HUGE potential.

By DELETED2 - 10 Years Ago

Well this all sounds really exciting. 

I've taken a while to watch responses and make an accumulative average of peoples disgruntlements.
Terrain control I could always have done with.  
The "more and more lighting" I can really do with.

ASSUMING the new technologies deliver MIST control... we're really onto something. Finally we get something I've lost many weeks on and scrapped many sets because of.... and that's a lot of sets and a lot of months.
I saw the tongue-in-cheek comments about my detestation of current atmospheric control in iClone Smile and justifiably so and after near on a decade it would be nice to imagine those days are history.

Dockable interface.
Now, I really hope this means that, sitting with two monitors as I have since about 1998, we can shift all the forms and managers and lists over to the "controller" monitor and keep the set on the "studio" monitor full whack?
If so, this is so much the more easier solution to work on sets with near 1000 props. Now that would really be something.

I'll take your word for software rendering.
More speed? Well, I don't mind sleeping on a project as in version iClone 1.5, and waking in the morning to the footage as long as it knocked the socks of the viewers.
Quality? That's what Id go for every time. Not speed. 

...//...plug In architecture. The same content will looked totally different after the final render.

Superb news.

The cloth technology looks exciting.
I presume this isn't limited to clothes against an avatar body and that it applies to curtains, table cloths, sails for galleons, flags, picnic blankets on the ground and horse blankets while theyre working out?
It looks beautiful.
The gradient technology between physics and skin/bone contact is really exciting.
But are we to assume that this cloth technology isn't just for swinging skirts in dance, but that it also applies to the creases in the sleeves of a woolly sweater, and creases at the knee in jeans?
How far does the change go?

Tessellation... Its exciting. ... are we talking about GPU tessellation taking advantage
of hardware fixed-function tessellator units. Where the tessellator unit generates uvs and topology connectivity for subdivided input primitives amplifying the original data where generated vertex data is directly consumed by the vertex shader invoked for each new vertex which would be a lot to install into iclone. 
Can iClone animators enjoy this..... ?  or is it strictly limited as an arena for modellers with 3DSMax?

I cant wait to see the new lighting. This last quarter I have really worked hard on lighting technique having read that it makes or breaks scenes by up to 80% influence. So, damned right we need more lights. Smile And I'd love to know what we can do with the new ones. w00t

In addition, the newly added tessellation technology allows designers using displacement maps to control the mesh detail using GPU rendering.

When you say iClone will "adopt other technologies" ridiculously this doesn't mean we have a speed tree similar system inside iClone?
The tree Studio pack at five thousand dollars cant be a part of iClone but compatibility is good enough. Smile
Substance too looks to be superb improvement on compatibility.

When do we finally see the bigger list of improvements for iClone 6? As usual I'm still excited about the upgrades in 5.x so it'll extend my party anyway. Cool

Hopefully a bigger bias toward the animator as for some time now iClone has started to feel like an elite modellers arena with extortionate attention to super grade avatar import export and pipeline interchangeability when all the while the set they're supposed to act on remains a bit bog-basic. iClone 6 might show a way forwards from that at last. We can dearly hope.  

Conclusively... well done. It all looks exceptional.  And I expect a hell of a lot of hard work and alternate thinking processes.
Bring on the Mists of time. Wink

By Colonel_Klink - 10 Years Ago
This is all rather cool. New features, yes! However I'd like to see the AML/LUA scripting revamped so that it is easy to use, and that users can more freely animate props without having to remove the scripting hood, so's to speak and fiddle with the innards to get things working.

All in all looking forward to Iclone 6... I'm presuming that there will be an overhaul of 3DX at the same time?

Now I have things to do in 2014:
1. Save for a new computer
2. Save for Iclone 6
3 Save for 3DX 6 (????)

Hoping the upgrade will be relatively painless BigGrin
By xalidfetah - 10 Years Ago
I know it is not maya it is iClone,
because iClone can never be like Maya or 3ds Max,
I think iClone 4 was perfect, was not a physic, but was never something defective,
but since I iclone 5 seen until now I have never seen a version perfect,
important is not the photo to see that you showed us,
with Maya and 3ds Max, you can do what you want,
but for iClone you have to buy everything,
important is not the photo to see that you showed us
important is have to be works perfectly,
you must not have everything, but important thing is have to perfectly working,
you need to control your own new future,

I have no iclone but i like to use iclone 6 Smile

Thanks
Xalid Fetah
By Rampa - 10 Years Ago
Bruce, when do we get to see some more of iClone 6?
By Peter (RL) - 10 Years Ago
rampa (2/5/2014)

Hi Rampa,

iClone6 is still some way off but I'm sure Bruce will be back with more info as we move nearer to release. Smile

By colour - 10 Years Ago
"Peter (RL) (2/6/2014)
rampa (2/5/2014)

Hi Rampa,

iClone6 is still some way off but I'm sure Bruce will be back with more info as we move nearer to release. Smile"

"Please Release Me" Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S9ecXWCBCc

Peter, has a software renderer been chosen yet? Will it be Octane, Cycles, Arnold, Kray, or something else entirely?
Here is another render option if one hasn't been chosen yet.

http://www.luxrender.net/en_GB/index
The problem with LuxRender I found is that it is extremely slow on nVidia cards. I have a GTX 580 which is fast enough otherwise.
By 3D Universe - 10 Years Ago
A couple of good queries:
more real look of texture
tool for the life of trees (leaves and branches should have physics)
own set of tools for modeling
the ability to create games (at least bypassing review) walk around the house-3D walk

I look forward to!
Sincerely Alexey.
By Waterlane Studios - 10 Years Ago
'looking forward to the new features of iClone6...

Although it may be to late to add them, I'd like to suggest some new features I'd really like, when possible... ;-)
Camera/Perspective match objects/character to photo-images (and video if possible).
Text creation/editing (without the need for other software) to help create titles/credits.
Transitions between camera shots/objects (eg fade a title in)

That's it - thanks for now.
Alex
PS - Care to see a little iClone movie of mine? Something a little different for you perhaps... Enjoy.
By Sifr - 10 Years Ago
Redirect to wishful features to check out facerig, and on the offline renderer note, a few more suggestions. http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/index.html
And this, if you can get your hands on it http://www.autodesk.com/products/mental-ray-standalone/overview
I have some more questions that I don't think were addressed yet. With PhysX being added to iClone 6, what does that mean for projects currently using the existing physics implementation? Will iClone 6 simply use a different underlying engine to perform the physics or will the old physics engine still be there to support legacy physics projects? Or will old physics projects just cease to function?

Also, are we going to be getting any kind of plugin architecture so that 3rd party developers can write new plugins for iClone? I think this would really open up iClone for future enhancements without having to wait for upgrades from Reallusion. It would be nice if such an architecture would be open enough to even allow others to integrate alternate rendering engines.
By Evgeny2 - 10 Years Ago
The last week I very actively used iClone and there were additional wishes Smile
May be not late to add Smile

1. Possibility to select and bend/rotate some bones at once in "Edit Motion Layer". For human and non-human figures.
2. Possibility not to close the "Edit Motion Layer" when switching between figures.
3. Possibility to keying Scale for bones in scene.
4. Using/Editing/Adding/Keying users morphs IN iClone. Very very important thing for correcting poses in animation process.
5. Goz for ZBrush Smile
6. Hot key for Content Manager window. Can be to divide a window of a choice of a new content and what already in a scene? Smile

I'm sorry for my weak English Doze
By brand468 - 10 Years Ago
Hi,

I am interested in better smoke an fire effect in iClone. Is PhysX able to render both smoke and fire effects?  I have also seen a Nivida product called "Flameworks" film-quality volumetric particle effects  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-UTHFA2PUM.
It would be great if iClone support this in the future Smile 

Speaking of PhysX. Are we going to see dyanmic hair like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbBkwqMwPtY
Magique (2/14/2014)
Speaking of PhysX. Are we going to see dyanmic hair like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbBkwqMwPtY

With the potential of alternate plug-in (non-realtime) rendering engines, then I think there might be hope.

But that animation was a single head.  Imagine multiple avatars running around on a windy day.  How many Titan graphics cards might be needed to do it realtime?

It sure would be great to use the iClone realtime rendering engine to create a scene.  Then after all the animation is done, you hand it over to another rendering engine that runs all night long but produces results like what you linked to.  That would be really, really cool.  Oh yeah, really cool.

That sort of demo was done in real-time so I think it's possible to do more than one character at a time. And even if not, then there could be a way to have low-res/standard hair during realt-time and substitute dynamic hair at render time. I think that's reasonable.
By Shaky - 10 Years Ago
Reallusion, I am going to buy iClone6, however, I have the money right now, but I don't know if I will have it when the program is released.

Is there anyway I can buy the upgrade now, and receive the upgrade later this year?

Shaky (2/25/2014)
Reallusion, I am going to buy iClone6, however, I have the money right now, but I don't know if I will have it when the program is released.

Is there anyway I can buy the upgrade now, and receive the upgrade later this year?

How about you get some cash from the ATM and put it in a jar and hide it in your cupboard?

Then when iClone 6 is released, deposit the cash back into your account and buy IC6?

By Shaky - 10 Years Ago
justaviking (2/25/2014)
How about you get some cash from the ATM and put it in a jar and hide it in your cupboard?

Then when iClone6 is released, deposit the cash back into your account and buy IC6?

lol You don't know me. But per-ordering is not something new.
Shaky, you might be able to set up an escrow account...Tongue
By Shaky - 10 Years Ago
animagic (2/25/2014)
Shaky, you might be able to set up an escrow account...Tongue

I hope it isn't that expensive!w00t
Shaky (2/25/2014)

Unfortunately not. Development on iClone6 is still ongoing and no pricing has been set. Announcements about pre-order offers and upgrades will come later in the year.

One of those piggy banks that have to smashed open would seem the best bet right now. Wink

By Shaky - 10 Years Ago
In the future, if you change your mind, let me know.
Hi Shaky ,

If you refer to last year major V5 update , it seams that the Iclone 6 will be release in the last quarter of 2014... Wink

Marc
By Rampa - 10 Years Ago
Please tell us there is an amazing new walk system.Smile
I think you'll have no answer Tongue Reallusion put the emphasis on crazytalk regarding all the
events where there are present. Crazytalk has a very big market , Education , tablet , mobile . They input in CT Iclone motion development ... So for me the message that we have to understand : Wait for the iclone update , Crazytalk drive all our energy for now... Tongue

Marc
By Shaky - 10 Years Ago
mtakerkart (2/25/2014)
Hi Shaky ,

If you refer to last year major V5 update , it seams that the Iclone 6 will be release in the last quarter of 2014... Wink

Marc

I hope I still have money by then.w00tWink
By Cellygon - 10 Years Ago
Can we export video at 4K resolution in iClone 6?
I would like to offer a new suggestion for iClone 6. It would be really nice to be able to animate characters like you can do in the Maestro 2 Plugin for LightWave. The way Eric has designed his plugin to control characters through intuitive hotspots is just brilliant. The kind of control you have over the animation process is really nice. The current iClone method of Motion Edit is not horrible, but it is somewhat clunky and difficult to work with.

Check out the Maestro 2 page for some video clips showing how the animation tool works.

http://www.stillwaterpictures.com/maestro/

I'm not very familiar with the Maestro 2 facial animation features so I'm mainly referring to the full-body character animation stuff. I think iClone's Facial puppeteering is pretty good as-is. But any improvements would be welcome there as well.
Hi Bruce and Peter ,

I assume that the next iclone will be compatible with substance painter as Bruce has announced it.
Today Substance designer put a beta version of a new version at a very low price for a non commercial use , so I bought it and hope it will be support by iclone 6 .

Check this out :
http://www.allegorithmic.com/products/substance-painter#trial
By VirtualMedia - 10 Years Ago
Wow the rendering upgrade is exactly what I wanted to hear!
Because Iclone 6 will adopt leading technologies like Subtance , may you'll be interesting of this:

http://www.allegorithmic.com/products/substance-indie-pack

w00t Smile
By bluemidget666 - 10 Years Ago
If Iclone is going to be compatible with substance designer and painter will I be able to use roughness and metal textures ? These two make the models look far more real..
I think yes if we look at the words of Bruce.....

Marc
if possible something like CAT animation please,
because we need everything for iClone, not just human

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0fsNei8_4E&feature=player_detailpage
By Waterlane Studios - 10 Years Ago
iClone 6 requests:
A well integrated Kinect 2 mocap please... one system for body capture and one for face...
Also a system similar to CAT would be great to... ;-)
Oh and while I'm at it a camera match system (for images and film) would make my day.

Am I greedy? :-)
'looking forward to the new release - but I'd prefer to wait until you could integrate Kinect 2.
Thanks.
A.

PS - It would be real handy if the mini viewport could show the camera switcher too..
PPS - did I mention an easy way to include title/text and to add transitions between cameras?
PPPS - you might find 'Anima' interesting to look at too..
PPPPS - ok - I'll be quiet now. ;-)
If Posible please
1.Shadow for Grass
2.Reflection for Particle
3.Character brushing like grass and tree
4.Terrain painting with Color and texture
5.Motion reverse for Props
6.Sound slow and fast
7.effect for mirror
8.Transition Curve make beter
9.Tree must be brushing on the Terrain
10.Mirror Copy
Thanks
and we are waiting for iClone 6 until June Smile

xalidfetah (4/10/2014)
and we are waiting for iClone 6 until June Smile

That would be so awesome if iClone 6 came out in June. But from what I've been hearing, I wouldn't expect it until 4th quarter. Where did you hear June from?
I only think so, I make myself happySmile
Thank you all for the continued feedback on iClone6. We really appreciate the interest you are all showing in the next evolution of iClone.

Unfortunately there is limited information we can share with you at the moment regarding the new features but we will have some work in progress videos coming soon. Stay tuned for those. Smile

Any info on how substances are going to be used ...please are you going to have a substance player built into Iclone ? Like unity does ?

By Guile_R - 10 Years Ago
Sweet news! I absolutely love Substances. Are you guys considering 3dconnexion mouse support? Pretty please with a cherry on top?
By m.gulley - 10 Years Ago
how much of speedtree 7 will be implemented in ic6?
By dylan pony - 10 Years Ago
i really hope iClone 6 will be ported to Mac OSX , has anyone heard any rumors
indicating that this might happen...
RL has other products ported to Mac ... so why not iClone and 3DX ?
dylan pony (5/6/2014)
i really hope iClone 6 will be ported to Mac OSX , has anyone heard any rumors
indicating that this might happen...
RL has other products ported to Mac ... so why not iClone and 3DX ?

Only that it's "under consideration."

If it does happen, I am quite sure it will be AFTER the Windows version is released.  I have no actual knowledge of any details, but my impression from reading various posts is that if it does happen, it won't be at the same time as the Windows release of iClone 6.  Maybe 6.1???

By Robertus - 10 Years Ago
+1 Mac version
+1 support 3DConnexion (SpaceExplorer)

Yesss, that would be sooooo nice

Also hoping I can somehow switch my Windows license to the Mac version
Any thoughts on this ?
Robertus (6/1/2014)

Also hoping I can somehow switch my Windows license to the Mac version
Any thoughts on this ?

1) First we need the Mac version to exist.  But assuming it happens some day...

2) Currently you can "move" you license from one computer to another, so I would expect you'd be able to do the same thing to move from a PC to a Mac.  If necessary, Reallusion Customer Support has a very good reputation for taking care of their customers on issues like that.

3) But we circle back to item #1...  Wink

So I just saw the thing about the rendering... PLEASE BE OCTANE PLEASE BE OCTANE!!!
davidktimperley (1/20/2014)

The main feature I like is the 'vocalization' of the characters based on a 'film script' interface.
I'd like to see something similar for iClone.

This feature would make the construction of animatics more useful as 'scratch' dialogue can be added.
Training videos could be made without the need to hire vocal talent.

Was just checking out the TTL online access and I really like what I'm seeing. This is pretty much what I wanted and I'm now waiting for 6 to be released to make the jump.
By will2power71 - 10 Years Ago
Does anyone know if the Physx will be able to be applied to imported clothing or objects? Once I saw the Iclone 6 Cloth demo, it convinced me that I'm ready to make a go of it, but I'm animating Daz characters so I'd like to know if I'm going to have the ability to model clothes for them, then import them and set them up with physx for animating. BigGrin
By RussellStudios - 10 Years Ago
Has the new iClone 6 resolved the hair as an issue as well as the flowing cloth?
As far as it going threw the avatar!
By Sifr - 10 Years Ago
Seriously? What do you think?
It looks good, every time I have played with it I end up getting the scene from basic instinct though.
Where's our "What to EXPECT in 2015 with iClone!!" thread?

We know version 6 is not finished yet, and we have updates on the way.  Tongue