iClone Avatar Toolkit2 Release

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic168336.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Bruce (RL) - 11 Years Ago

The all new iClone plug-in for character creation, Avatar Toolkit2 is here. Avatar Toolkit2 is a complete 3D avatar creation system that allows you to freely design and assemble your own animatable characters. It also comes with an intuitive control system that not only allows you to customize every detail and expression on your character's face, but also determine the way they are animated as well!

With the release of the Avatar Toolkit2, we would like to introduce the exciting ToonMaker pack which provides users with the resources to extend their design options with 4 main cartoon body styles. In the mean time, we have repacked the Monster Workshop pack as well. All Monster Workshop assets are totally compatible with ToonMaker, and can be freely exchanged.

For those of you who already have Monster Workshop, download the Monster Workshop Repack here:

http://file.reallusion.com/ic/c21n22/Motion_Monster_Workshop.exe

http://file.reallusion.com/ic/Puppet_Controller.exe

Please Note: The Avatar Controller (aka Puppet Controller) has been updated on the 3rd December 2013 to correct an issue with auto-blink. Please download again using the link above and re-install.

We also have a series of tutorials for learning Avatar Toolkit, click here to check out all the tutorials.

Note: To use Avatar Tookit2, please update iClone to the latest(V5.51) version first.

What’s New in Avatar Toolkit2

Users who have already purchased Monster Workshop can find the major feature upgrades here.

• Define Your Own Puppet Accessories with the Avatar Builder.

Previously, users could only puppet accessories included in the Monster Workshop; With the Avatar Toolkit2, you can now import any 3D prop as the puppet target.

• Puppet Any Prop

Before the Avatar Toolkit2, you could only puppet character accessories. Now, you’re able to attach any prop to your characters and puppet it. Your imagination is the only limit! To make any item puppet-ready, just attach it to the enclosed Dummy Character and then make the dummy itself invisible.

• Create and Customize Facial Expression Templates

iClone was previously limited to puppet-controlling presets for custom accessories like eyes, brows, and ears. Now you can combine your own custom definitions for each accessory to create and animate your own facial expressions.

Avatar Toolkit2 allows you to animate accessories simultaneously with facial expression definitions taken from the Facial Puppet tool for a complete facial performance in a single pass.

Characters can be either bone or morph-based, giving you a high level of flexibility when adding your own unique target expressions.

• Set Auto-alignment Definitions

Users now have the ability to save character alignment information in puppet accessories, making your applied accessories literally snap to the correct position of any character models you have input alignment data for.

• Assign a unique Avatar ID for automatic accessory alignment

To maintain auto alignment data of all avatar toolkit family content, we request that all content developers follow the same Avatar ID naming rule to avoid conflict:  Author_PackName_CharacterName

eg.

RL_ToonMaker_Stout / _Curvy / _Junior / _Athletic

RL_Monster_Indigo / _Cherry / _Grochu

• Spring and Puppet Animation Capabilities in the Same Accessory

Previously, a single prop could not contain both spring and puppet animation data, limiting flexibility. Avatar Toolkit2 allows you to store both spring and puppet data in the same prop, allowing for more creative freedom in your workflow.

Once you setup a character with assigned accessories, you can use the timeline to switch between physics behavior or active puppet behavior You can also make hybrid animations by puppeteering the accessory root bone while allowing the child bones to be governed by physics, resulting in natural spring and swaying effects.

• Detach the Puppet Panel from the 3D View and Move it Freely!

Those with low-res monitors or limited screen size, rejoice! Your control panels are limited to the 3D view area no more.

By VES - 11 Years Ago
Will this toolkit count toward the $299 amount to receive the free Crazy Talk Animator 2 Pipeline?
By planetstardragon - 11 Years Ago
i love this, awesome work, thank you! w00t
By RobertoColombo - 11 Years Ago
Questions for RL...

Shall I re-install the re-packed Monster plug-in provided in this thread only if I buy the Avatar Toolkit 2 ?
Or does the re-packed version contain some new features for the Monster workshop, which are independent from the Avatar Toolkit ?

Also, it would be nice to see some tutorial to give some user cases about the integration between the Facial Pipeline and this new avatar toolkit plug-in.

Thanks
By vidi - 11 Years Ago
Shall I re-install the re-packed Monster plug-in provided in this thread only if I buy the Avatar Toolkit 2 ?
Or does the re-packed version contain some new features for the Monster workshop, which are independent from the Avatar Toolkit ?

yes same question here
By toonarama - 11 Years Ago
Hello

I have installed it and although I have not tested it fully yet it seems ok.

The puppet controller now resides in Props/Avatar Toolkit Vol 2

Worth noting that as far as I can tell you only get the updated puppet controller - there is no sign of the other parts of avatar controller 2 (eg build controller, dummies etc)
By Cricky - 11 Years Ago
You may want to have someone spell check things before getting out the demo(s).

This is one that is obviously not right.

By Peter (RL) - 11 Years Ago
RobertoColombo (11/16/2013)
Questions for RL...

Also, it would be nice to see some tutorial to give some user cases about the integration between the Facial Pipeline and this new avatar toolkit plug-in.

Thanks

You will need the updated Monster Workshop pack if you install the new Puppet Controller. Otherwise no.

toonarama (11/16/2013)
Worth noting that as far as I can tell you only get the updated puppet controller - there is no sign of the other parts of avatar controller 2 (eg build controller, dummies etc)

If you have purchased the Avatar Toolkit2 you should have the Avatar Controller and Avatar Builder in Set > Props > Avatar Toolkit Vol.2. You also get 11 sample projects and 2 dummy tools plus the Dummy Non-Human Character.

Cricky (11/16/2013)
You may want to have someone spell check things before getting out the demo(s).

This is one that is obviously not right.

Have you not seen that guy? He is not Athletic he is Atheletic which is a whole new level of fitness.

Seriously though we will try to get this corrected. Whistling

Lol!! w00t
By DELETED2 - 11 Years Ago
This is an impressive addition. Very versatile and quite unique in its modularity which pleases me greatly.

I do ask though, exactly how much of this applies to those with only the Monster Workshop?

Armstrong.

By vidi - 11 Years Ago
After study the Guide and playing a while to understand how it works, I must say ...BigGrin I love the Avatar Toolkit 2 .is awesome, Thank you RL!Kiss
By Postfrosch - 11 Years Ago

Hello friends,
I loaded my updates of the workshop and the new Monster Controlers down. Monster workshop can be updated. Unfortunately, if you want to install the controler is the following error message.

My question: Does one before the Avatar Toolkit 2 buy? but that would not require the download of the controller, which is in this toolkit here.

I want to mention that I won the Monster workshop last year at RL in the German forum. Also, in another winners installation does not work. What can you do.

Greetings from Germany
Postfrosch
By alemar - 11 Years Ago
Hi
Fantastic plugin, Avatar Toolkit2!That´s I was waiting since Monster Workshop was released... Already bought, including Toon Maker! I already received a link to download Avatar Toolkit2 but didn´t receive a link for ToonMaker... please Bruce can help me?
Keep up the good work RL! I´m waiting for more info about CrazyTalk Animator 2 too!
Alemar
By rampart - 11 Years Ago
Postfrosch

There is mismatch between versions of content executable file - Best to contact RL support for assistance
By Galfridus - 11 Years Ago
Had the same problem with missing Toon Maker download link Alemar.

Not included in my on screen invoice or payment confirmation emails only the avatar builder links.

However....

Logged in to my account and checked my order inventory and links parts 1 & 2 to Toon Maker were there.

Now downloaded and successfully installed.Smile

Geoff.

By alemar - 11 Years Ago
Geoff
You was right! Installed and working like a charm! Thank you!
By DELETED2 - 11 Years Ago

========================================================================
This is an impressive addition. Very versatile and quite unique in its modularity which pleases me greatly.

I do ask though, exactly how much of this applies to those with only the Monster Workshop?

Armstrong.

By vidi - 11 Years Ago
A question to RL
if I use now for my content Avartar Builder Toolkit , can I share my Content without that a Buyer need have the Builder (Avartoolkit2) installed ?
Will he get the Control panel what is made for my stuff?

or in other words ,how do I save my Content for sale?
By tq.linux - 11 Years Ago
Hi!(^^)/.
I purchased "Avatar ToolKit2".

I have a question about the conditions of accessories.
How many is the number of polygons of the accessories in which puppet control is possible? .

A setup of the normal position was not stabilized in 20,000 polygon +100 Bones. ^^;
The low performance of my PC may also be a problem.
Armstrong (11/16/2013)

Armstrong.

All the new features of the Avatar Controller2 such as the new expressions will be available to your Monster Workshop characters. The Avatar Builder is only available when you buy the Avatar Toolkit2 pack.

Postfrosch (11/17/2013)

Hello friends,
I loaded my updates of the workshop and the new Monster Controlers down. Monster workshop can be updated. Unfortunately, if you want to install the controler is the following error message.

My question: Does one before the Avatar Toolkit 2 buy? but that would not require the download of the controller, which is in this toolkit here.

I want to mention that I won the Monster workshop last year at RL in the German forum. Also, in another winners installation does not work. What can you do.

Greetings from Germany
Postfrosch

Because you won your copy of Monster Workshop it is likely your account has not been updated to register the new Puppet Controller. Please drop me a PM with your member account email address and I will help get it added to your account. Alternatively contact Customer Support using the link below. They will also be able to help you.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

By Postfrosch - 11 Years Ago
Hello Peter,
the problem was already solved by Susanne from the German forum.
Thanks for the offer of help
Greets from Germany
Werner (Postfrosch)
Postfrosch (11/19/2013)
Hello Peter,
the problem was already solved by Susanne from the German forum.
Thanks for the offer of help
Greets from Germany
Werner (Postfrosch)

Great to hear everything has been sorted.

Thanks for letting me know. Smile

By vidi - 11 Years Ago
with the pair and single Dummy's attached I can not export
Your Sytem say I should buy the Avatartoolkit, ..?

I too would like an answer to my other question.
By vidi - 11 Years Ago
The ability to create and customize puppet parts opens a whole new world of content development potential for iClone designers, providing a shared standard from which developers can create custom, revolutionary puppet-ready content assets which users can quickly assemble in their own way and produce quick, organic animations.

I want develop revolutionary puppet-ready content assets BigGrin, but how I store this content , which users can quickly assemble in their own way and produce quick, organic animations ?

Also I' want export my own content into Unity, or need I pay for the Dummys a extra licence ? If so I have not read this in the description and I can not find how much this cost .

I would be really happy for a clear answer. That Build Controller Kit is really nice I hope it has no restriction.
By alemar - 11 Years Ago
Vidi
Good question!
I want to know this too...
By vidi - 11 Years Ago
Fun with iClone Blocks . The eyes are 2 Bowls and a Ball BigGrin is such fun to play with this Builder Smile
That is just for learning how to use

Now I'm ready to model and sculpting my own Toonmaker Kit BigGrin

Ha ha - love it!

I guess you could have used the eyes from the monster or toon set if you have them

By vidi - 11 Years Ago
I guess you could have used the eyes from the monster or toon set if you have them

No my Goal is create my own stuff , therefore I want not use premade accessory. I also have buy only the Toolkit not the Toonmaker.

This Block Guy in the video was just a test project and try out what I learned from the guide BigGrin

first I found it a little bit confus, but Actually it is super easy.Cool
vidi (11/18/2013)
A question to RL
if I use now for my content Avartar Builder Toolkit , can I share my Content without that a Buyer need have the Builder (Avartoolkit2) installed ?
Will he get the Control panel what is made for my stuff?

or in other words ,how do I save my Content for sale?

Hi Vidi,

This is a good question. Smile

The Avatar Toolkit2 is made up of two main components. The Avatar Builder and the Avatar Controller (formerly the Puppet Controller). When you create an object using the Avatar Builder it will still require that the user have the Avatar Controller which is not a free item. Currently it only comes with the Monster Workshop or Toon Maker packs.

I will discuss with the iClone team to see what the plans are regarding developer use of the pack. As soon as I have more information I will update again.

UPDATE: It has now been decided to issue the Avatar Controller as a free download. This will enable you to share your own custom accessories and other objects created with the Avatar Toolkit2.

Please Note: You won't be able to share any of the accessories included in our packs even if customized. All content that you share must be all your own work.

I hope this clears up any confusion. Smile

By sjonesdc - 11 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (11/20/2013)
UPDATE: It has now been decided to issue the Avatar Controller as a free download. This will enable you to share your own custom accessories and other objects created with the Avatar Toolkit2.

Please Note: You won't be able to share any of the accessories included in our packs even if customized. All content that you share must be all your own work.

So what happens if you've already purchased the Avatar Toolkit2?????
By vidi - 11 Years Ago

Thank you ! Smile

Of course I want only share my stuff , but what is with the Dummys single and pair and Dummy Non Human? I think i need it for the Auto align setup and if I made "prop Character"

Also if my stuff is attached to the dummys, I can not export with the pipeline . Maybe a bug ?

You get only the Controller for free not the Avatar Toolkit . You need the Controller to control pre ready made Content , but you still need the Avatar Toolkit if you build or customize a controller.

sjonesdc (11/20/2013)
Peter (RL) (11/20/2013)

It is only the Avatar/Puppet Controller that is being issued as a free download, not the Avatar Toolkit2 or Avatar Builder. Developers will still need to purchase the Toolkit if they wish to create content to sell.

whoo! Thank you for the controller!! Now I don't have to sell my body to avoid falling far behind!! ♥
By colour - 11 Years Ago
"planetstardragon (11/21/2013)
whoo! Thank you for the controller!! Now I don't have to sell my body to avoid falling far behind!! ♥"

You can discard the Charles Atlas Course & continue with being a Couch Potato, then BigGrin

vidi (11/21/2013)
Also if my stuff is attached to the dummys, I can not export with the pipeline . Maybe a bug ?

Hi Vidi,

When you say you can't export, do you mean you receive an error or a prompt to buy an export license?

Please check your scene tree for the color coding. If items are all in black then you should be able to export to FBX without issue. Do you have different color such as maroon or blue?

By vidi - 11 Years Ago
I get
a prompt to buy an export license?

and the color is maron . I get a message
For this content to function as a full version, you also need other base content(s) that only available in Reallusion Content Store:
By vidi - 11 Years Ago
You see the dummys are the culprits

By guidocornia_20100928110210516 - 11 Years Ago
with this toolkit, can i deform a normal prop, or must assign bones to the prop with other softwares?

Thank You.

Guido

vidi (11/23/2013)

Hi Vidi,

I will check this with the Content Team for clarification. Apologies for the confusion. Ermm

By jlittle - 11 Years Ago
I've installed Avatar Toolkit Vol 2 and looking under the Set/Props/Avatar Toolkit Volume 2/Dummy section I only have Structure_Pair and Structure_Single iProps.

I do not see the "Single Dummy" iProp as I have seen in the tutorial.
Where would I find it?

Or is it the same as a Structured Single iProp?

Jeff
By vidi - 11 Years Ago
Or is it the same as a Structured Single iProp?

yes Smile
vidi (11/23/2013)

Hi Vidi,

We have updated the Avatar Toolkit2 installers to correct this problem. Please can you re-download the Avatar Toolkit2 - Builder and Bonus pack. Then install again. This should resolve the problem. Smile

By vidi - 11 Years Ago
Thank you Peter ! it works now Smile
By eulersosa - 11 Years Ago
If I buy the Avatar tool kit and Monster Workshop now do I still have to pay $300 for an export license for each of them?  I want to use the models in a game on an android.
eulersosa (11/29/2013)
If I buy the Avatar tool kit and Monster Workshop now do I still have to pay $300 for an export license for each of them?  I want to use the models in a game on an android.

Hi..

The Avatar Toolkit2 does not need an export license because it is a plugin for iClone5. You will however need an export license for the Monster Workshop and Toon Maker packs if you wish to export them from 3DXchange5 Pipeline.

UPDATE:

The Avatar Controller (aka Puppet Controller) has been updated on the 3rd December 2013 to correct an issue with auto-blink. Please download again (link below) and re-install to correct the problem.

http://file.reallusion.com/ic/Puppet_Controller.exe

By brothertcoleman - 11 Years Ago
UPDATE: It has now been decided to issue the Avatar Controller as a free download.

The free download is available to whom and where can I get it ?
By Cricky - 11 Years Ago
brothertcoleman (12/10/2013)
UPDATE: It has now been decided to issue the Avatar Controller as a free download.

The free download is available to whom and where can I get it ?

This does need to be clarified. Bumping it up.
By wires - 11 Years Ago
The free Avatar Controller is available here. Smile Cool
By Cricky - 10 Years Ago
DAZ4 Character - You Can Call Me AL

This character uses the Nose,Eyebrows, and Ears from the Reallusion Avatar Toolkit. It was made specifically inside DAZ Studio4 to operate in iClone5 as an avatar.

The audio is a variation of Homer Simpson's voice piped thru MorphVox.

By VirtualMedia - 10 Years Ago
Can I use the Customizable Puppet Controller to animate Daz characters imported from 3D Exchange?
By Peter (RL) - 10 Years Ago
vrtmedia_20090922191445474 (2/7/2014)
Can I use the Customizable Puppet Controller to animate Daz characters imported from 3D Exchange?

Daz3D human characters will obviously have eyes, brows, ears which can't be controlled by the Avatar/Puppet Controller. If you create accessory parts for the Daz character such as horns, tails etc. with the Avatar Builder then you can animate these.

By Tarampa Studios - 7 Years Ago
VirtualMedia (2/7/2014)

There's no need, because DAZ faces can be animated using normal methods when you create their visemes and target their eyes in 3DXchange. 
e.g. this is a very old tutorial, but still works for all subsequent versions of both Daz and Iclone; 

By animagic - 7 Years Ago
This is also a very old question you're answering...Tongue
By Tarampa Studios - 7 Years Ago
Doh!... *facepalm*

I wonder why I got an email alert about it today?
I knew my internet was slow down here in outback oz, but crikey, I never knew it was *that* bad! hahaha