Wishful Content

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic121507.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Peter (RL) - 12 Years Ago
Wishful Content

iClone has already built up a large library of varied content but there's always room for more.

Please share your ideas for new content right here in this thread. What can we add to make iClone even greater. Please let us know your thoughts. Smile

By AverageJoe - 12 Years Ago
Over the weekend I was looking for different combat motion libraries, and came upon a startling discovery. Most, if not all, the combat motion libraries available frpom RL and even the City Marketplace all take one side of the combat. There's a whole slew of kicks, and punches, and different combat moves from the aggressor or the hitter, but not nearly as many available for the victim, or the hit-ee. Take a look at the combat packs, and they're very very one sided. Oh sure you might find the rare motion of the guy who was just kicked or punched, but they're are very rare. Hardly any motions for being knocked out, harldy any motions for the loser of the fight...

So my content wish is for more balanced combat packs, with plenty of hits, and kicks but just as many falls and impacts...
By Rampa - 12 Years Ago
I would like to see RL offer a pack of motions that are brief gestures, like yawn, cup hands and yell, scratch, clap, write, any small gestures of idle-realism.

They should work with the "Motion Puppet" so they can be combined with other gestures using the masking.

I think converting the existing communication pack to "Motion Puppet" would be far more useful than where it resides currently.

Unless, of course, the masking and layering feature were added to the "Mix Moves".Tongue
By hutchartwork - 12 Years Ago
What I'd love to see is a pack of motions that would come in handy for period pieces --- aside from those featuring fasting medieval monks, sword-wielding knights and damsels in distress --- which already abound in iClone circles for some weird reason, LOL (such as 19th-c. waltzing (both partners' steps and body movements), minuet dancing, bowing 18th-c.-style/retreating backwards from a room/stepping into and out of a horse coach, or, say, 20th-century dancing, from Ragtime to Charleston to the Jitterbug to Rock and Roll to the Twist to the mid-Sixties Frug on up to Seventies disco, you name it). All that's been offered as yet is post-millennial kiddie stuff such as Hip-Hop, etc., which I have no intention in using. :/
By bluemidget666 - 12 Years Ago
I want SPACE ! planets, black holes, nebulla, terrains of alien worlds, think Star Treak origanal series ! ....
By mjordy - 12 Years Ago
How about more realistic looking characters and animals and movie quality motions that we can use even in Iclone 4 Pro to create more realistic 3d movies that will inspire other Iclone users to try using Iclone more to start creating a lot more great 3D animations and movies,than just collect a useless amount of creatures and avatars that only clog the valuable resources of our PCs.
I mean, and not to put down Iclone movie makers,some are very competent! but when you see a movie with "jerky" animations,you can almost guess it was "done in Iclone":w00t
Thanks everyone for taking the time to share your content wishes. Please keep them coming. Smile
By planetstardragon - 12 Years Ago
I like the way the physics plug ins are laid out, would love to see a weather tool.....while it's nice that I can do rain and snow with particle effects ....it can be a bit of a task because these weather effects only cover a small section ...now some of these ideas are pretty ambitious but i'm just thinking of what would be very cool to have without regard to technology lol Wink

a plug in tool....that has things like

Lightning - with faders to adjust like the physics props for thick / thin ...close or distant ....small steaks ...or big flashes of light that light up the whole screen but you don't really see the lightning. ....with a tap button to be able to manually tap a lightning strike ...or timed intervals with random flashes.....also being able to animate or select textures to make blue / white or red lightning....

rain - with adjustments that make it either a light drizzle or a heavy pouring rain ...maybe even an option to splash water on the camera to really have that immersive effect ...or for that matter animate a drizzle turning into a flat out tsumani ....that reacts to wind and either falls straight down or you can animate with a fader angle or circular motions....with light or heavy splash effects on the camera - guildwars 2 has this very cool camera water splash effect when you come out of the water thats exactly what i mean, when you come out of the water ...even though it's a game...you feel wet!! lol

Snow...- same like rain

Wind - would be ice to have a wind effect that blows soft body props and particle effects such as rain in the wind - settings that are either a soft breeze or a hurricane that blows cars around in linear and circular motions

Hail - being able to adjust both the physics tool and the particle effects tools to change rain to other things like Hail or even falling leaves ....and being able to have it react to wind - such as swirling leaves ....like a windy day in the park where the leaves are falling off of trees and blowing around in a circular motion

Day / night - where the lights can be automated to simulate dawn to dusk in a physics prop like fader - a use for this would be like the onset of a storm when things get dark fast ...a gust of wind starts to blow everything around ...and a light drizzle turns into a hurricane like condition.

Clouds - where you can automate cloud movement in the sky ...also with the option to go from fluffy white clouds to menacing thunderstorm clouds through automation.

Fog - where you can animate a thin morning mist into a dense blinding fog - such as a ship at sea that heads into the bermuda triangle ...at first it's clear ..then a thin mist then a dense fog!

again...I have no idea how feasible these all are ..but one can dream!! Hehe
By RobertoColombo - 12 Years Ago
What about an extension of special effects library ? Something that can come close to the effect that can be created with HitFilm...

Apart from this, I really would like to see a better Director Mode, which has on-screen movement and perform control likewise we have for the Physic Tool package.
The WASD keys are not as user-friendly as some on-screen set of controllers...

Cheers
By Shaky - 12 Years Ago
I really like the motion puppets, but I wish there was a puppet for hands and feet.
By ContentDude - 12 Years Ago
wizaerd (5/29/2012)
Over the weekend I was looking for different combat motion libraries, and came upon a startling discovery. Most, if not all, the combat motion libraries available frpom RL and even the City Marketplace all take one side of the combat. There's a whole slew of kicks, and punches, and different combat moves from the aggressor or the hitter, but not nearly as many available for the victim, or the hit-ee. Take a look at the combat packs, and they're very very one sided. Oh sure you might find the rare motion of the guy who was just kicked or punched, but they're are very rare. Hardly any motions for being knocked out, harldy any motions for the loser of the fight...

So my content wish is for more balanced combat packs, with plenty of hits, and kicks but just as many falls and impacts...

Actually, there are a bunch of packs that covered victim, hit and defeated motions in both Content Store and Marketplace.  Here are a list of them:

Fantasy: Dungeon Quest and Evil Force http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/csproduct.aspx?contentid=icmFEFtribe

Medieval: Hundred Years War http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/csproduct.aspx?contentid=icmDefeatedSoldier

Horror: http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/csproduct.aspx?contentid=AIC300DIENU030120100507001

and more...

By Andronizer - 12 Years Ago
I hope that in the next version of iClone it`ll be possible to import camera movements (from Boujou, Syntheyes...), so it will become a really powerful program!
wizaerd (5/29/2012)

Just to add to what ContentDude said earlier, you can use the Marketplace Catalog to find certain categories of content. Just click the link below and select "Victim" to find the content available.

http://city.reallusion.com/catalog.aspx

RobertoColombo (6/4/2012)
What about an extension of special effects library ? Something that can come close to the effect that can be created with HitFilm...

Apart from this, I really would like to see a better Director Mode, which has on-screen movement and perform control likewise we have for the Physic Tool package.
The WASD keys are not as user-friendly as some on-screen set of controllers...

Cheers

Future updates to iClone5 will try to add a "Hot Key" mode to improve functionality in Director Mode. Smile

By sjonesdc - 12 Years Ago
One wishful content is a set of cloneCloth (for those of us who do not use 3Ds Max) that responds to the motion of the character, for example, templates for open jackets/shirts, so that when the character is walking, the open jacket/shirt would react to the wind. 
By DELETED2 - 12 Years Ago
ALLOW repurchase of items online.

All it needs is  aprompter window that says, "YOU HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED THIS ITEM. ARE YOU SURE YOU WISH TYO REPURCHASE IT NOW?"

I needed a set, I could not relocate it. I lost two hours hunting. For the sake of a few dollars I could have repurchased it and carried on with the work at hand.

Armstrong.

When hitting the DELETE ALL ANIMATION button, make it so that where we're stopped on the timeline becomes frame 1.

That is, on a 30 second take, at the progressive point of frame 900 (30 seconds @ 30 fps) we hit DELETE ALL ANIMATION and THAT frame becomes frame 1 BUT everything IN that take moment is kept.

Result? Progressive take by take progress espeially in conversations where elements of the scene are adapted to its forward momentum.
Benefits: It cancels out the timeloss of rebuild / reposition of props and characters.

Armstrong.

Armstrong (10/31/2012)
ALLOW repurchase of items online.

All it needs is  aprompter window that says, "YOU HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED THIS ITEM. ARE YOU SURE YOU WISH TYO REPURCHASE IT NOW?"

I needed a set, I could not relocate it. I lost two hours hunting. For the sake of a few dollars I could have repurchased it and carried on with the work at hand.

Armstrong.

Hi Armstrong,

All your purchased content packs should show up in your Member Account. There you will find a download link that you can use to re-download anything you can no longer locate. Likewise for the Marketplace, all your purchases show up in the Inventory where you can select them again and download.

i Peter,  I DID look, but I couldn't findit at the time. I'll recheck! Ta!
By Shaky - 12 Years Ago
I would like to see better glass material, or a different way of doing glass. To me, that is the weakest part of iClone. Well, that and water. BigGrin
By BOLPHUNGA - 12 Years Ago
Andronizer (7/25/2012)
I hope that in the next version of iClone it`ll be possible to import camera movements (from Boujou, Syntheyes...), so it will become a really powerful program!

camera import and export would be awesome,
By cmbubak - 11 Years Ago
To: Peter Edwards

I have been waiting over a decade for these features!

1.     dynamic water

2.     collision for the total character

3.     facial movement for daz characters

Then it would be possible to make commercial products.  When is iclone 6 scheduled for appx. release?

By thebiz.movies - 11 Years Ago
Many more motions added to the motion puppet panel. I love the ability to mask out certain body parts from the motions and the ability to use a mouse or adjust the sliders for unique motions. Good functionality. Give us more!

A night sky. Best Ive seen is warlords nigh skyglobe but it would be great to have an improved one (twinkly stars, better resolution).

Improved fog. Never liked the look.

The ability to exaggerate the lip sync. Sometimes its just too subtle.
By Rampa - 11 Years Ago
thebiz.movies (1/14/2013)
Many more motions added to the motion puppet panel. I love the ability to mask out certain body parts from the motions and the ability to use a mouse or adjust the sliders for unique motions. Good functionality. Give us more!

I agree with you! Seems like the Communications 200 pack should have lived here rather than Mix Moves. But you can add any motions you want quite easily. Have a look at these postings. They also give information on creating new folders.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic118656-281-1.aspx?Update=1
https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic138017-297-1.aspx?Highlight=motion+puppet
https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic138014-297-1.aspx?Highlight=motion+puppet

Good luck! It is well worth creating a good library of common motions. This is kind of equivalent to the Gesturizer in Moviestorm, but far more powerful.BigGrin
By Xodroc - 11 Years Ago
Not exactly content unless a plugin counts, probably been requested before too.

Support for 3D Mouse such as 3DConnexion SpaceNavigator for both navigating a scene and moving objects/posing characters.
By Shaky - 11 Years Ago
What is really needed is left handed motions. Like shooting a gun left handed.
By BiggsTrek - 11 Years Ago
Here's what I'd like: a Clone Cloth variation for both Chuck and Gwynn (G5 male and female) that would allow me to make an Overall or Coverall outfit. Possibly as a single Clone Cloth (Upper and Lower combined?)

Basically, I don't want there to be a gap between the Upper and Lower (where it looks like the character has their shirt permanently untucked!)

The closest we have now is the Body Suit (skin tight Upper and Lower) which doesn't work for me. I need the Upper and Lower portions to be baggy or loose, not super tight.

This would also have worked for my recent SpaceSuit that I created. If you look at the picture below, you'll see I had to strategically place a toroid about the character's waist to cover up the gap between the Clone Cloth Upper and Lower (I think I used the Hoodie Upper and Casual Lower here - but don't quote me).

Thanks!
By Shaky - 11 Years Ago
biggstrek, what about something like this?

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentPreview.aspx?i=JIC3b2af607632dae819&g=

By BiggsTrek - 11 Years Ago
Shaky (2/1/2013)
biggstrek, what about something like this?

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentPreview.aspx?i=JIC3b2af607632dae819&g=

Thanks Shaky! I had considered that for the SpaceSuit (and it would have worked), though it doesn't address a need for the female equivalent. And it's not just a Spacesuit I'm trying to create... I was trying to make a specific costume from a Star Trek episode that needed a full length female "overall" or "coverall" base.

EDIT: This one...

By Shaky - 11 Years Ago
I think I have something like that. I'll post it, when I find it. :-)

BTW I love that episode.
By martok2112 - 11 Years Ago
But remember, front cleavage only....no side cleavage....

....er....wait...

this isn't the sixties anymore.

Knock yourself out. Smile
By DELETED2 - 11 Years Ago
After over hald a decade of life I would like to see iClone finally allow me to take a simple, very simple block primitive, and pull it at one end to be rounded.
I'd like to take one of the basic primitives and bend it into a simple curve.

I know there are simple softwares out there that'll allow this and then export it as an importable object but....... I want to work in one studio in one house.

Armstrong.
By mtakerkart - 11 Years Ago
My 2 cents...

Just update what you've done:
-More than 4 lights
-Broadcast shadow and occlusion
-True Earthsculptor export terrain with multiple tiling-texture

New:
-Speedtree import with wind motion
-motion blur

That's it!

Marc T
By Shaky - 11 Years Ago
biggstrek, I found it, but it is also male. So, we do need overalls for females.
We need females overall. Smile

(runs....hides)
IF then.... for arguments sake, as I am NOT a modeller in the complex sense of the word, we can make it so that Reallusion include a phenominal number of primitives in about every geometric shape and size the imagination can handle it would be a good half way  point for non-modellers to hold some deggree of self respect in the modelling archiotectural world of Animagtion where they CAN design their own trees, buildings and accessories.

We already have the block basics,  we simply need MORE because iClone has become more, its features have become more and out abilities are waiting to become more ith it all.

Armstrong.

Indeed, if iClone did possess more "modeling" app capabilities, it would be an even more formidable program than it already is.

It was sad when I tried to make some props based out of the primitives in iClone, when I was having problems making shapes stop "skewing" when I'd try to attach them to each other (until I discovered a couple of tricks to prevent such from happening), and of course, the inability to re-scale a single side of a primitive shape was discouraging. That's why I got Blender.

But yes, for those who are not quite ready to dabble in full on model making with external apps, a few nice steps forward for iClone to be able to alter primitives on a more detailed level would be a good starting point for such folk. Smile
By Shaky - 11 Years Ago
I would like to see iClone have the ability to take two primitives and use one to cut into the other like they do in Vue. They call it a Boolean object.
By Peter (RL) - 11 Years Ago
Thank you for all your feedback and suggestions.

As always these will be passed to the iClone team to review.

Please do remember that this is the Wishful Content thread. Please let us know the new content you wish to see not new features. There is a separate forum for posting those.

By NanOKurT - 11 Years Ago
HELLO RL, WHAT ABOUT SOME COOL WUXIA, MARTIAL ARTS, KUNG FU, THAI CHI.......MOTIONS (ATTACKER = DEFENDER) !?!?!?!

greets
nano
We could do with primitives and etc in iClone that can handle far higher resolutions so that those who model in Iclone can do so with superior results to whats available from version 1 iclone.
I think currently they export 512 graphics across the board. Give or take.

If they could handle 1000px instead of 512 would be a start.
By Peter Blood - 11 Years Ago
I have to agree with Doug. Smile More primitives! Several thicknesses of a "C" configuration with rounded edges, much like you have with the torus. Some lower poly spheres (ball) would be nice. Unusual shapes are sweet. Now when you're talking bendables and props that can be re-scaled on 1 end w00t ,  you're talking about the Holy Grails of primitives. If it can be done, Please please please do it. Seriously, I'm begging you. Wink

And...Some realistic, more up to date, large, fantasy creatures. Tongue They don't have to look as good as Daz, but there hasn't been anything since the 'big kiddie monster' in the G1 Dungeon Quest Pack. Pinch Those of us who like doing heroic fantasy have nothing. Would Luke Skywalkers' killing of the Rancor beast have been as thrilling if he had killed the Cookie Monster that comes with iclone? C'mon reallusion, new features are nice and all, but make some 'bad ***' monsters and villians for us to play with. Satisfied

I have more but I'll space them out. lol BigGrin

Cool pete

By animagic - 11 Years Ago
Armstrong (2/24/2013)
We could do with primitives and etc in iClone that can handle far higher resolutions so that those who model in Iclone can do so with superior results to whats available from version 1 iclone.
I think currently they export 512 graphics across the board. Give or take.

If they could handle 1000px instead of 512 would be a start.

Armstrong, using a graphics editor you can simply change the resolution of the maps. Just select Diffuse and click Launch. Then simply resize the map in your graphics editor to whatever size you want. You can then replace it with a higher quality graphic of your own liking. Or do you have something else in mind?

[b]animagic -  Just select Diffuse and click Launch. Then simply resize the map in your graphics editor to whatever size you want. You can then replace it with a higher quality graphic of your own liking. Or do you have something else in mind?

Hi Animagic, I've tried this but the graphics I refer to are the ones where the actual sides are mapped out when exporting the difff.
Using the whole graphic and abandoning the paterning of side oriented graphics it works. But trying to make it so that for instance cubes hjave their sides accurately mapped seems to throw the whole thing off and misaligns.

I'll try again tonight. But the object seems to dissallow increased texture definition.   

Armstrong.

By rcsinger29 - 11 Years Ago
I would like to see the horror movie mask hair (leatherface) changed to a functional head without the hair. That "face" would/could be useful for lots of things, zombies, other horror characters, etc.

I tried just opacity-out the hair and fit it to an existing head but I could never get it right in fit or texture. Even if I could, it still isn't functional.
By Shaky - 11 Years Ago
I would like to be able to add a gel to the spotlights. That way I could project an image over an entire scene, like a broken canopy patterns over someone walking through the forest.
cmbubak (1/14/2013)
To: Peter Edwards

I have been waiting over a decade for these features!

1.     dynamic water

2.     collision for the total character

3.     facial movement for daz characters

Then it would be possible to make commercial products.  When is iclone 6 scheduled for appx. release?

Number 3 is already available in the latest 5.4 update.

And the next major release of iClone will see big improvements in points 2 & 3. Smile

thebiz.movies (1/14/2013)

A night sky. Best Ive seen is warlords nigh skyglobe but it would be great to have an improved one (twinkly stars, better resolution).

Improved fog. Never liked the look.

The ability to exaggerate the lip sync. Sometimes its just too subtle.

Thanks for your suggestions. In iClone 5.4 Updates, you can use the Motion Modify function to adjust any motions with sliders.

Also, in 5.4 update you can define the lip-sync strength. Please refer to the What's New page. http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/iclone_whatsnew_v54.aspx

By rcsinger29 - 11 Years Ago
I would love for one of the devs to create a:

Garden Tomb

Calvary Hill

Last Supper

type pack.

=======================================================================

THEORIES IN THE MIST

... again!

I am experimenting with the Mist in Xtreme large scenes. Its just TOO dense. Perhaps because the whole viewed long distance has to be logically total "whiteout", who knows.

If we make the existing mist/fog system only 50% as dense we can use this with good effect in all size sets. Perhaps a choice of a "Global" value for 50% so that from front 1000 thru back 22000 the absolute value is only 50% of what it is NOW!

Expanding on this we could have 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% densities compared to what is now in place.

We need a slight degree of translucency because sometimes we're not looking through Fog, which becomes absolute, we simply see Haze. There is a difference.

Armstrong.

PRMITIVES
and
CORRECT CENTRE AXIS POINTS.

I know the issue in in tune with many, but we specifically need.....

Thin pipes in a range of thicknesses. Something overlooked in the objects so far.

Some of the objects / primitives are offset regarding their X axis point so that when you try to make them thinner they become mis-shapen on a triangular plane and will NOT thin down on one axis.

My only workaround with this is to attach IT to a standard object that WILL conform correctly to resizing and then make it invisible.

Before anyone tries to correct me on this YES I know we can re-place the core axis point, but what this does NOT do is reshape along that same axis. Sounds odd, but it's true.

We need "graduated" curved pipes or "sticks". That is, something that is almost spiral-like. it starts off narrow, spirals outwards one complete turn and then stops in a spiralised growth patern.
Like "one circuit of a spiral" but flattened. The only person who'll visualise that is someone who models these objects. Smile
Thin ones and thick ones.

By kenmatthews - 11 Years Ago
Hello All,Smile

What I would find extremely useful, in fact other software (such as FrameForge) do have this facility already, is to (say) hold down Ctrl or Alt, whilst clicking on a character and a chair. This would produce a menu of actions such as, sit on chair, or stand on chair (perhaps)...Wink  Or, hold down Ctrl or Alt, whilst clicking on a character, a seat and a piano. The character sits down ready to play (maybe even plays an opening chord)... BigGrin

The possibilities are endless, and would be extremely useful to a beginner such as myself. If a developer were to produce a pack such as this, I would be first in line to buy it... w00t

My reason for this wish list? The characters do everything but operate in the way expected by me, although I do expect that's largely my fault...Crying

Best regards.

Ken

PS: Still have characters disappearing, or sinking into the floor on complex sets, causing me to lose enormous amounts of time without achieving anything...Crazy

By toonarama - 11 Years Ago
How about a human toon character generator which works in a similar way to the monster workshop

============================== UPON REFLECTION===========================================

I've just noticed that despite my agonising struggle to document the Creation of an Architecturally accurate Jing, Qing and Yuan Chinese Dynasty garden........... there's a gaping failing.

Look at the Water. WHere are the draped Roses hanging from the Water Walkway?

The Dynamic Cloth in iClone doesn't reflect on the water. Oh Boy! I just don't believe it.  Crying

Why specifically the Dynamic Cloth. I use this because it moves in the wind like the real ones would have done as I imagined them to.

In the next version of iClone it would be good if we didn't embarrass ourselves to the Chinese with something as basic as the reflection of a prop. Unsure

By prabhatM - 11 Years Ago
Armstrong (6/17/2013)

The Dynamic Cloth in iClone doesn't reflect on the water. Oh Boy!I just don't believe it. Crying

Since your Dynamic Cloth didn't reflect on the water, my eyes were looking for the reflection of the Nude Avatar / chinese girl on the water. Was it too blurry ? Did we get the camera angle right to get that reflection ?
w00t Tongue BigGrin Ahhh SHADDUP!

Actually, she has very pert boobies... thanks to Alley as she's one of the Chinese Low Polly Characters but, I might add from a testosteronic point of view... not SO low poly that curvature and shapeliness have been ignored. 

On THIS sideline topical.... didn't the ancient Chinese have very flat chests?  I thought they bound themselves tightly????? I ought to be the one who knows this but it's not a topic that, erm, pops out very regularly. Wink

Alley? You designed them, not me. Historical faithfulness?

The water does have some work to be done with it!! Blush Blush Blush  

Luckily some lillies grew in just the right place.  Is there a Chinese version of The Frog Prince I wonder!? Tongue

On a serious note regarding beating the lacking reflections, I considered having upturned Water Walkways and misted the water so that it redembles a reflection but then I would need to mimic everything, swan, grass, trees, clouds, everything because I would need to turn the reflection OFF the water completely as syncing the walkway with its reflection perfectly took almost a century.

By prabhatM - 11 Years Ago
Armstrong (6/17/2013)
The water does have some work to be done with it!! BlushBlushBlush
Luckily some lillies grew in just the right place. Is there a Chinese version of The Frog Prince I wonder!? Tongue

This magical water checks if a visitor carries any hidden weapon ! She could have been an assassin ! Thank God, this beauty is not !
==================================================================================

Cog Wheels

Regarding content it would be very beneficial if we had some basics in global engineering as well.

Particularly in my thoughts are Cog Wheels.

Wooden, iron, chrome, and variability in their teeth also so that we can clock them together for mechanisms for bridge hoists and drawbridges etc.

With all these special cloths about I am surprised this one has not been voiced yet.

Take a massive piece of cloth.

Now take some primitives or an avatar and lay them on the ground where youd like the Set to bump about.

Now drop the massive cloth (Textured with grass and gravel) on top of the rocks, avatars and primitives on the ground....

VOILA! (I have to type it out?)
OK! We have a superb landscape. We didn't have to even work on it.

It would be good it we could "stiffen" this so that it now does NOT flex about physically and allows itself to become terrain-ish.

By justaviking - 11 Years Ago
Armstrong (7/31/2013)

OK! We have a superb landscape. We didn't have to even work on it.

It would be good it we could "stiffen" this so that it now does NOT flex about physically and allows itself to become terrain-ish.

Interesting concept.  Could you at that point turn off the soft-cloth  physics, thus "freezing" it?  Or export it and turn it into a hard prop?  An interesting idea worth exploring.

Armstrong (6/17/2013)

============================== UPON REFLECTION===========================================

I've just noticed that despite my agonising struggle to document the Creation of an Architecturally accurate Jing, Qing and Yuan Chinese Dynasty garden........... there's a gaping failing.

Look at the Water. WHere are the draped Roses hanging from the Water Walkway?

The Dynamic Cloth in iClone doesn't reflect on the water. Oh Boy! I just don't believe it.  Crying

Why specifically the Dynamic Cloth. I use this because it moves in the wind like the real ones would have done as I imagined them to.

In the next version of iClone it would be good if we didn't embarrass ourselves to the Chinese with something as basic as the reflection of a prop. Unsure

I can tell you that the next version of iClone will see greater render options. This will allow you even greater creativity when building these types of scenes. Smile

By DELETED2 - 10 Years Ago
Spheroid and toroidal particle generator zones as well as the 4 planed sided ones please.

Thankyou.

P.S.

I can tell you that the next version of iClone will see greater render options. This will allow you even greater creativity when building these types of scenes.

And this is exciting.Cool

By Grimhilda - 10 Years Ago
Hi Armstrong,

As they say 'fools rush in where angels fear to tread'.  Your post about dynamic cloth not reflecting was made a long way back ... but ...

Is it possible that your cloth was only textured on one side and it was the 'blank' face that was (naturally) failing to reflect?

(Asked cringingly).

Grimhilda (1/25/2014)
Hi Armstrong, As they say 'fools rush in where angels fear to tread'.  Your post about dynamic cloth not reflecting was made a long way back ... but ...

Is it possible that your cloth was only textured on one side and it was the 'blank' face that was (naturally) failing to reflect? (Asked cringingly).

1. With the Reallusion forum having been around for approximately seven years and the total post count being several hundred thousand in total, and that many ofthe pioneering posts are no longer archived, it's therefpore feasable to assume that  failings may have been voiced more than once but more over that I cannot possibly have encountered or remembered them all collectievly.

In my favour, Reallusion are human too and therefore sometimes reminders , or, mor eimportantly, accumulative count on collectively suffered failings by thier customers, is an important memory nudge that may gain corrective measure in administering a more beneficial interface for us to work with that allows our failings corrected.

In theory.

2. Lgically, seeing that the plane used for the roses does not reflect, we can only say that because we a) see the roses from our given perspective and that b) the water does not mimick the inverted rendering.

Were it so that the plane was only 1 sided and that that plane didnt reflect therefore,  we would not be able to see the roses in the first place because it would be THAT plane/face that was inviisble to the water and embarrassment would not be suffered.
The fact that we CAN See the roses means that one of the tqwo faces of the cloth, even if the cloth has been set as one sided, IS rendered towards the camera, and that this rendered surface is therefore NOT copy-rendered on the surface representing water.

Sometimes alternate thinking and paralell thought dont walk hand in hand with logic. When they do and you couple this with imagination you end up with applications like iClone. I can only point out the simple things top Reallusion.
They cannot possibly be expected to put the software through every potential end case scenario to perfect areas of non conformace.

Armstrong.

By Ascensi - 10 Years Ago
Support the Leap Motion controller to be able to mocap hand/finger movements if possible. Additionally I've seen some interesting Maya + leap motion demonstrations using the hand to puppet a character's face/expression so I also imagine the use of connecting the hand parts id's to a character's hand.
More primitives.  Much more primitives.

Branchlike primitives.
Bough like primitives.
Coils and coiled spheres.
Triangulars, diamondoids and hexagonals and dodecahedronics.

Rocklike angularities and randomly shaped stonelike sheets like sheer land cliff faces formations we can build land with.

Cliff face like sheets with the ability to super res tex them all. So nice and big too.

Curved shapes. Smoothly angular shapes like walls and floors.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

One element is badly missing from content.

We have avatars and monster packs where we can lipsync speech to.

What we do NOT have is a simple mouth, or suite thereof, whereby we can add the mouth to a prop, add some eyes from the monster pack and we have any prop as an avatar that has speech capability. ANY prop.

WE NEED MOUTHS. They're missing. Smile

iClonia.com           iCloneTutorials.com         iClonia Blog