iClone 5.2 Temporary Fix

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic119871.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Peter (RL) - 12 Years Ago
After the release of iClone 5.2 and 3DXchange5 yesterday we detected an issue that prevented projects containing particles from being reloaded after saving.

To quickly resolve this issue we have released a temporary fix. We will continue to monitor for any other issues and release a full patch later.

Please follow the instructions below to install the fix.

For iClone 5.2v (both English and German Version)

PRO:  http://file.reallusion.com/patch/ic/IC521_Pro_Fix.zip  (15.6MB)
Standard: http://file.reallusion.com/patch/ic/IC521_Std_Fix.zip  (15.5MB)
Trial: http://file.reallusion.com/patch/ic/IC521_Trial_Fix.zip (6.98MB)

**How to update:

1. Make sure your iClone version is v5.2, and confirm Pro, Std or Trial version
  2. Download the correct file for your version of iClone 5.2.
  3. Uncompress the zip file to a temporary folder or your desktop.
  4. Copy the contents of the folders Bin and Bin64 to the corresponding folder of your iClone installation, replacing the old files.

XP: C:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 5\
W7: C:\Program Files (x86)\Reallusion\iClone 5\

For 3DXchange5

PRO: http://file.reallusion.com/patch/ic/3DX5b_Pro_Fix.zip (7.3MB)
Standard: http://file.reallusion.com/patch/ic/3DX5b_Std_Fix.zip  (7.2MB)
Trial: http://file.reallusion.com/patch/ic/3DX5b_Trial_Fix.zip (7.76MB)

**How to update:

1. Confirm you are using Pro, Std or Trial version.
  2. Download the correct file for your version of 3DXchange5.
  3. Uncompress the zip file to a temporary folder or your desktop.
  4. Copy the contents of the Bin folder to the corresponding Bin folder of your 3DXchange5 installation, replacing the old files.

XP: C:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 3DXchange 5\
W7: C:\Program Files (x86)\Reallusion\iClone 3DXchange 5\

By Keith_MPS - 12 Years Ago
This worked for me. Tested in 64-bit with a 600KB project file that uses over 4GB of memory when loaded. It had a dragon in it and the particle "fire breath" loads and works properly.

Thanks
By animatom - 12 Years Ago
Particles works fine, camera on the timeline OK, no strange message when importing new character. So far so good. Smile
(still only AVI export, but hey, this is beta.)
Thanks, Reallusion.
By RB3006 - 12 Years Ago
works..BigGrin thanks for quickfix..
By mark - 12 Years Ago
At first blush seems to be working as far as the Particle Effect issue is concerned. But I'm still finding a lot of older projects that are getting the ....

" Failed to load the file. If this is a .vns file please switch to the Project page and try again."
message in my 64bit install. They seem to be working in the 32bit install. May still be the memory issue as they are pretty big project files 40meg plus in size.Wink
By Postfrosch - 12 Years Ago
At first blush seems to be working as far as the Particle Effect issue is concerned. But I'm still finding a lot of older projects that are getting the ....

" Failed to load the file. If this is a .vns file please switch to the Project page and try again."
message in my 64bit install. They seem to be working in the 32bit install. May still be the memory issue as they are pretty big project files 40meg plus in size

Yes, i have the same Problem

Greets from Germany
Postfrosch
Werner
By Ron12345 - 12 Years Ago
The undo/redo arrows are grayed out in the 5.2 64 bit fixed version. It works in the 32 bit fixed version.
By JasonWynngard - 12 Years Ago
I'm requesting that Beta releases not be auto notices that result in users blindly trusting the "update" only find they lose time and work because the software won't perform certain functions.

In my case, I saw the "update" when I started iClone5, it didn't say nothing about being beta and since I trust the RL folks, I OK'd the installation. Now, my ecological project is at a dead stop because the animation projects using particles don't work. So I have to re-do it in iC4 which fortunately, I never did around to uninstalling.

My suggestion is if something is Beta, mass email users. Those who want to mess with a beta version do so and those who prefer not, don't install it. If the update is a tested version and not considered a beta, then we all get it as usual via the pop up notice we're used to.

Now, as for the temporary patches and speaking for myself alone, I'm foregoing them. I'll wait until official patches come out because I have no time to hassle with cross your fingers stuff right now. I was set to purchase, 3dXchange 5 but it appears it has some bugs too related to the particle issue. So I will hold off until I see an all's clear from RL.
By mark - 12 Years Ago
mark (4/20/2012)

message in my 64bit install. They seem to be working in the 32bit install. May still be the memory issue as they are pretty big project files 40meg plus in size.Wink

Well doesn't seem to be memory..... just loaded and older project that was 147 Megs and it loaded fine. Can't figure why some load and other do not....beta I guess BigGrin
By colour - 12 Years Ago
Exactly!

I also wasn't aware that the 64 Bit "Update" is a BETA Version, until after I installed it.Ermm

It would be unwise to Publicly BETA Test any Program, without finishing current Projects first, which some of us have unfortunately found-out, in this caseErmm

JasonWynngard (4/20/2012)
I'm requesting that Beta releases not be auto notices that result in users blindly trusting the "update" only find they lose time and work because the software won't perform certain functions.

In my case, I saw the "update" when I started iClone5, it didn't say nothing about being beta and since I trust the RL folks, I OK'd the installation. Now, my ecological project is at a dead stop because the animation projects using particles don't work. So I have to re-do it in iC4 which fortunately, I never did around to uninstalling.

My suggestion is if something is Beta, mass email users. Those who want to mess with a beta version do so and those who prefer not, don't install it. If the update is a tested version and not considered a beta, then we all get it as usual via the pop up notice we're used to.

Now, as for the temporary patches and speaking for myself alone, I'm foregoing them. I'll wait until official patches come out because I have no time to hassle with cross your fingers stuff right now. I was set to purchase, 3dXchange 5 but it appears it has some bugs too related to the particle issue. So I will hold off until I see an all's clear from RL.
By mark - 12 Years Ago
Ditto!!!BigGrin
By planetstardragon - 12 Years Ago
i personally love testing new stuff, and there are 2 versions...a final and a beta. I was surprised to see 'beta' on the 64 bit actually, but not complaining since I wanted to be a part of it anyways!! Wink

Hi Jason

It is only the 64Bit version of iClone 5.2 that is Beta. The 32Bit version of 5.2 is the full release. Unfortunately the issue with particles in saved projects was not detected until after the release. However the temporary fix will resolve this issue and all affected projects should load again after the fix is applied.

We do apologise for the inconvenience this has caused users.

mark (4/20/2012)

Hi Mark

Thanks for your feedback. Obviously the 64 Bit version is still Beta so there may be some issues experienced. I will pass this to the development team though.

By LarryPlane - 12 Years Ago
I can confirm this patch now allows me to load projects containing particles. Good job on the quick fix.

Paul

By pmaina - 12 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (4/20/2012)

Hi Jason

It is only the 64Bit version of iClone 5.2 that is Beta. The 32Bit version of 5.2 is the full release. Unfortunately the issue with particles in saved projects was not detected until after the release. However the temporary fix will resolve this issue and all affected projects should load again after the fix is applied.

We do apologise for the inconvenience this has caused users.

Peter, the temporary fix of the fix may need another fix. It has serious issues.

1. Random freeze - proggy gets completely unresponsive to the point that I have to use task bar to terminate and lose data. Unable to replicate.

2. Shiny /reflective surfaces not displaying properly - e.g. Kane's face & Dark sunglasses accessory.

I only have 32 bit installed.

I think the rush to beat release deadlines/milestones is hurting the app stability. For production strength apps am of the view: "Better late and stable". Else people will lose trust in the app for pro use and go back to wait/see tinkering mode.

I clone5 is awsome and just needs to be stabilized. Using it heavily. Thx.

Cheers & Thx.

PS: [Low priority] Forum topics are all over the place. Iclone 5.2 issues in different threads... Getting chaotic.. Some reorganization may be needed.

pmaina (4/23/2012)
Peter, the temporary fix of the fix may need another fix. It has serious issues.

1. Random freeze - proggy gets completely unresponsive to the point that I have to use task bar to terminate and lose data. Unable to replicate.

2. Shiny /reflective surfaces not displaying properly - e.g. Kane's face & Dark sunglasses accessory.

I only have 32 bit installed.

I think the rush to beat release deadlines/milestones is hurting the app stability. For production strength apps am of the view: "Better late and stable". Else people will lose trust in the app for pro use and go back to wait/see tinkering mode.

I clone5 is awsome and just needs to be stabilized. Using it heavily. Thx.

Cheers & Thx.

PS: [Low priority] Forum topics are all over the place. Iclone 5.2 issues in different threads... Getting chaotic.. Some reorganization may be needed.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm not able to reproduce the issues you mention unfortunately.

A couple of things to try though:

Please ensure you have the latest graphics drivers installed. When a new iClone update is released it can be incompatible with your current drivers, so it is always worth checking for new ones.

Also remember to check your Preferences (CTRL-P). You may find that some Shader Options are now disabled that were previously enabled before the update.

By mike_20090922183240664 - 12 Years Ago
Thanks so much. This fix worked fine for me. I am now HAPPY again! Smile
By martok2112 - 12 Years Ago
Aye,
I'm getting the "failed to load .vns file..." message, even when I reconstruct certain elements of my command corridors. (I'm beginning to think it has something to do with the older nature of the "sci-fi interiors" props that I bought/downloaded from the content store). --edit, but then I find this is not the case, because another set I rebuilt saved and loaded just fine. Maybe it's if I save the project with avatars. I don't know...either way, it is really frustrating.

It's a good thing I filmed my shots before shutting the program off, because I would've been very frustrated if I had to go through that crap again.
The full patch to fix these project issues is in the works and should be available soon.

Until then the temporary solution should resolve most issues currently being reported.

By martok2112 - 12 Years Ago
Thanks, Peter. Smile