3D painting on clothes.

Posted By Dreamcube017 15 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dreamcube017
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I was toying with a demo of 3D coat and was painting something on a dress shape I created with the cloth thing they have and was just wondering how neat it would be to paint on the clothing in another app and bring the map back into iClone with normals and everything painted. That way I wouldn't have to flip back and forth and I'd get a better idea of what things were doing.

I know you can't pull out the clone cloth because it's only in .vns format, but does anyone know of a way to somehow paint on a 3D object and pull it to the UV map that goes with the clone cloth?... Sorry if that doesn't make any sence, but just wondering.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 minutes ago
If you have 3DS Max and the iClone plugin then it is possible to use this method to paint the textures onto the model and then export it back into iClone.

Sadly this would only work with your own custom models and clothing as CloneCloth Max templates are not available to developers. Without these it is not really possible at this stage I'm afraid.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Aw...

*feature request time*

So since you guys are making 3DXchange 3, it'd be FREAKIN'AWESOME if we could somehow paint on our model or if you had some sort of other way to make it so we could paint on the clothing because the reason I would really like this isn't so much for the deffuse map (although that'd be great too) but because in things like 3D coat I can paint on the bump map and actually see how it'll look. As it stands now, I sort of.. well no wait I take that back... Ok now I'm just brainstorming... But to generate a bump map can't I simplif my deffusemap and make a black and white image out of it?

THat'd still be cool to do in 3DXchange but yeah..

Also it'd stillbe neat if we could make flex and s spring objects within 3DX as wel... as I've stated before, not everyone who konws how to make great models has 3DS...

Oh another question, does the dynamic flowing dresses come as clonecloths as well so we can make our own styles? I'm guessing yes?

Ok sorry for rambling on like that. Just curious and things just keep popping into my head and I thought it'd be kind of silly to make a new topic for each one.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.

Reading This Topic