Grand theft auto V lets you make in game movies

Posted By bluemidget666 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Other than youtube monetization, I doubt it....but then if it's an important enough project, it might be worth giving them a call for permission as they may help you promote it.

In the Eula they have a clause that anything you make they can use royalty free without owing you any compensation - so technically they can just take your movie and sell it for you without compensating you. So that's something you want to be careful with on serious works anyway.

another thing about the game, you have a nice collection of stuff in director mode to start, but to get all the cool stuff, you have to play and unlock it. which lends me to believe they want this just for machinima / let's play / gamers.

it is pretty hot though, I was playing around on their wave runners and stunt planes - the wave runner and the water acts so realistic - I have so much game play footage already I have to sort through!

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

a few tips for those who got it and are playing for unlocks lol - I've unlocked a few extra interesting characters and vehicles so far! ^.^

set your cross hairs to "Complex" otherwise it's a dot thats near impossible to see, even complex is hard to see but at least a little easier.

when you do the father son chase, to get Michael to shoot his gun, click both left and right mouse button at the same time - this drove me nuts for a while because there was no instructions on it.

when swimming, shift gets you to the surface, spacebar dives - just shift, not shift / w

if you go all the way to the end of the ocean map in a wave runner, you run out of gas, sink and are open to shark attacks

on the jewelry heist, you have to hit e to smash the glass and grab the gems. - the missions aren't hard, but some commands are special keys - and you will fail a ton of times trying to figure out which - most frustrating thing ever, especially when there's no documentation on it.

make sure to do a little walking around in obscure places - as some of the unlocks are people you meet and talk to...not all unlocks are from missions.

I'm still trying to figure out how to fly the stunt plane - major pita

if you go all the way north on the map, you get go carts and dune buggies near the mountain ranges, and there are obscure little stunt ramps on the map, even on the highway....keep your eyes out for them in director mode....can do some spectacular crashes on the high way with it.

if you want an insane chase scene, go to the military base, you don't even have to go in it, just go near the gate and you will be instantly chased by everything lol

if you want an insane chase on the highway, steal a cop car. w00t
be sure to put your character on invincible when you do, it will be extremely hard to stay alive for long otherwise, but it turns into a wild and hilarious chase scene since there will be so many police after you, they will be crashing everywhere into everything.

Edited
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

and I found this regarding use of it's footage.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200153756-Policy-on-posting-copyrighted-Rockstar-Games-material

basically, youtube and monetization ok, but stuff like subscription, pay per view, commercial tv, and general movie sales, no.

gta 5 made a game that you can make films with, someone needs to make a tool to make films that plays like a game. w00t

prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
planetstardragon (4/28/2015)

gta 5 made a game that you can make films with, someone needs to make a tool to make films that plays like a game. w00t

People have dabbled with that idea before - making interactive movies with different endings, atleast a few to choose from. But it never really caught up.
Edited
9 Years Ago by prabhatM
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

if they simply sold them like games - you buy a set for the desert, one for the city, one for space, one for country, one medieval, one in a subway, one for an ocean, etc.......build it like a game, but you can place motions, characters, props - all physics and ai in place....
just build one master set / level template, with ai behaviors, set basic movement scripts....and make new levels off of it with a few tweaks.

then the game engine would be like on location, and iclone would be a closed set studio. Iclone looks way better up close, but large sets are more appropriate in game engines.

make a fortune selling pointless games lol! w00t

game guru and agfpro are actually useful for that now, but they focus more on making games - not making film.

gta 5 director mode is on to something for filming workflow though!

Edited
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

if they simply sold them like games - you buy a set for the desert, one for the city, one for space, one for country, one medieval, one in a subway, one for an ocean, etc.......build it like a game, but you can place motions, characters, props - all physics and ai in place....
just build one master set / level template, with ai behaviors, set basic movement scripts....and make new levels off of it with a few tweaks.

then the game engine would be like on location, and iclone would be a closed set studio. Iclone looks way better up close, but large sets are more appropriate in game engines.

make a fortune selling pointless games lol! w00t

game guru and agfpro are actually useful for that now, but they focus more on making games - not making film.

gta 5 director mode is on to something for filming workflow though!

It's easier for ICLONE to adopt and handle a large set. Technology like UMBRA should help.

Make a passionate appeal to RL.

Also please please tell them to allow the users set the "LINE THICKNESS TO ZERO ON THE BODY PARTS LIKE EYELASHES, TEETH and LIPS WHILE IN THE TOON SHADER MODE".

Take it seriously and appeal to your friends out there in RL.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

but i wouldn't want all that in 1 software - i like the different tools and environments, they each have their strong points, why change it, that's how you bloat things..bad...no....chain it!

just like regular film, you have a closed set, and outside locations to film on. I really like that work flow, allows for a specialty look. It's like your dinner, you don't throw the soup, with the main course, salad and desert, coffee, soda, water, in one cup and drink it! no! Pinch

true artists like having different brushes! Cool

gta really doesn't look that great up close - only in big wide angle shots. iclone pwns gta v on close ups, hands down, and I wouldn't want to mess up gta's camera style - it's a perfect lens for those panoramic shots ....it's simply 2 different animals. You'd ruin it by trying to make it all one big thing...especially for real time ...

Tying 2 birds together doesn't make them fly faster! Pinch

Edited
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

but i wouldn't want all that in 1 software - i like the different tools and environments, they each have their strong points, why change it, that's how you bloat things..bad...no....chain it!

just like regular film, you have a closed set, and outside locations to film on. I really like that work flow, allows for a specialty look. It's like your dinner, you don't throw the soup, with the main course, salad and desert, coffee, soda, water, in one cup and drink it! no! Pinch

true artists like having different brushes! Cool

gta really doesn't look that great up close - only in big wide angle shots. iclone pwns gta v on close ups, hands down, and I wouldn't want to mess up gta's camera style - it's a perfect lens for those panoramic shots ....it's simply 2 different animals. You'd ruin it by trying to make it all one big thing...especially for real time ...

Tying 2 birds together doesn't make them fly faster! Pinch

You will start thinking differently the day you start performing under a deadline pressure and you start watching the ROI.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

this is coming from someone that really doesn't have the time to spare - having everything together will just make everything messier. Making it modular with "Send to" buttons which open the project in 'specialized' software is better.

It's the difference between a swiss army knife .....and a hammer - a hammer will always be more effective at hammering nails than what you can find in a swiss army knife.

putting everything is one software is autowrecks way of working, I can't stand that!! Pinch

I don't want to take 15 years of lessons and pay 5k in software because everything and the kitchen sink I don't use is part of one software.

Bigus
Bigus
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Sarting to looking into City Building Games.

Cities: Skylines
Modern with Cartoon feel.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/255710/

Cities XL Platinum (/Cities XXL)
Modern. Corresponds with IC "visual language".
Airport. World Cities. Weather. Wilderness. (Landmarks).

http://store.steampowered.com/app/231140/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/313010/

The Settlers 7
Medieval. Kingdom. War. Knights. Cartoon feel.

http://thesettlers.uk.ubi.com/the-settlers-7/

Banished
Medieval. Village. Framings. Weather.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/242920/

Lumion exceeds all in render quality, but you need to work harder to put the city together and give it life.

Embrace simplicity
Reduce selfishness
Have few desires
(Lao Tzu) 

Edited
9 Years Ago by Bigus

Reading This Topic