Amazing But True!

Posted By pumeco 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pumeco
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago

Unless a person is incurably insane, I think it's fair to say that iClone eats Poser for breakfast when it comes to animation. But you know what, there is one animation feature in Poser that is actually better than the way iClone has it.

In Poser, we can paint weight maps for the bullet cloth physics directly in the program and watch it update live in the viewport. In iClone, we have to start messing around editing the map in an external editor and then loading it in to the object as a map to see how it went, and then doing it again and again until we're happy, and that's crap, that is, crap.

This is an easy fix that would make all the difference to usability, to have even a basic brush with softness and opacity control so that we can paint our dynamics map directly in iClone while our clothes are on the figure so that we can see the result live as we paint it.

Like I said, I can hardly believe I'm saying this but that is one place where Poser animation outshines the usually sensibly implemented iClone version. Would be great to be able to do this in iClone, in fact I'm amazed it wasn't added when the new cloth feature was added.

Would be very nice to have this Smile

Edited
9 Years Ago by pumeco
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Everything in iClone requires an external editor except for maybe some of the materials, accessible through plugins (like that Substance toolkit thingie). There are many thing ilClone should allow internally, but doesn't.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks for the feedback.. Much appreciated.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic