Grand theft auto V lets you make in game movies

Posted By bluemidget666 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
hatin it! lol - the keys are way too sensitive for driving, there are more hot keys than blender, and you have to play out the first scene before you get to access the director mode , which I had to dig through tons of reviews to find how - it's just a sugar rush of a game that throws everything at you....like you are in a shoot out with like 30 cops ...and it's giving you a tutorial with random pop ups - so you get shot in the head while trying to read it... Ermm - while i'm sure regular players of this game are use to it, for a new player it's "What just happened" all the way. Even trying to quit the game is an adventure - sometimes it responds quick, other times I've just had to shut it down. The initial high speed car mission reminds me of an experience i had long ago trying to keep up with a reckless psychopath that didn't give me directions but wanted me to follow him in his brand new sports car on a long distance drive..this isn't a game, it's a virtual reality of people i use to know! Pinch.... but the graphics are really nice -cough-

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Im hitting 50 this sounds like every bit of software I have ever installedTongue

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

just figured out the tools and did a test render .....all i can say is wow! we need those shaky cams in iclone!! Side note - They used Naturalmotion - Euphoria http://www.naturalmotion.com/middleware/euphoria/ ...and Autodesk Scaleform http://gameware.autodesk.com/scaleform

Edited
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Can we bring in DAZ/ICLONE characters ?
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

no....there has been a lot of talk about mods, but I'm not sure how much flexibility you will have with regular rigs....this could be a special custom rig to integrate with the Euphoria system. They do have a ton of built in characters though.......maybe if you find something close to one that you'd want to use, a stunt double if you will. From there you can use iclone with good textures and a similar hitfilm filter to match up the looks with both gta and hitfilm filters - there are a lot of color / saturation / filter options so you will have that flexibility - Iclone is more powerful than obvious, it has what we call in music, a flat quality - meaning, that what you import is pretty much what you get, so if you can bake realistic textures you should be able to match the lighting relatively close to gtav in iclone. What you can't replicate in iclone is the sheer size of that game world.

this workflow is pretty hot ...in that you record the game motions ....then go back and edit the camera in the game itself - so you can take an ordinary game shot and make it extra ordinary with angles, camera shake and effects. It is pretty limited to it's theme though - so i don't think you'd want to film the whole movie in here anyways. You'd need a hybrid workflow or a way of filming that avoids the actors face when they are speaking. - Just think a stunt stage for filler action parts of a movie imo. it's not an animation system by any means of the word, it's a game with set physics mechanics and motions in the stunt aspect of films. No advanced hand gestures or movements.

it might be worth your while to make your daz characters have secret identities that change into their gta 5 ninja costumes when they are ready for action. - ie - get a daz ninja costume that matches the gta 5 ninja costume before jumping on a motorcycle for a high speed chase.

Edited
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thanks for the overview. That leaves only UNITY and UNREAL to work with our own characters.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

reallusion maybe should consider being the one that makes that interface for unity and unreal before waiting for someone else to compete with them on it. this way you have a smooth pipeline for both since facial animation is easier in iclone. having a sandbox for doing stunts at this scale is pretty cool. Iclone will always have specific advantages over a game engine, but the game engine will have the large game level advantage. - Iclone cinema for unity or unreal, it doesn't have to be an alternative, but more an extension.

Edited
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
The mentioning of "natural motion" triggered a few neurons in my foggy brain...Unsure

Some more neurons started firing, and there it was "Endorphin"! w00t

It was a very expensive product, but you could create motion simulations with it. It seems to have disappeared completely. The remaining products are aimed at game engines it seems.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

my latest practice session, - this is starting to attract the gaming community....and i'm starting to wonder if that's a good idea! let's just say in games, i'm usually a solo merc that hunts (or gets hunted by ) the guys that I'm reaching out to lol!!! Pretty much as wild as it gets with online communities ^.^

I'll be posting more of these on my twitter / youtube - won't be going crazy with em here since it's not iclone...

Bigus
Bigus
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 days ago
If you use bits and pieces combined with your own IC materials - Is it possible to make a commercial use?
Cool

I found no specific reference to this issue, except to the songs that are attached to the in-game radio.

I keep Lumion just for living urban backgrounds, and since GTA4 I think of this game as an alternative.

Some guidlines

Embrace simplicity
Reduce selfishness
Have few desires
(Lao Tzu) 

Edited
9 Years Ago by Bigus

Reading This Topic