OFFICIAL 6.02 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Agonos
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
"For the G6 characters we are currently looking at adding support for them in 3DXchange 6 at the end of the 2nd quarter, with additional tools coming in the 3rd quarter."

Still Face creation was available directly IC5.here is a special reason to be operated differently for IC6 ? And if I'm not mistaken, that was free in IC5 will become paying for IC6 because it will require 3DXC6?

Unfortunately the plans are not finalized so I can't really reveal anything specific yet. Generally speaking the G6 characters will remain onepiece like Daz characters, but we will add additional tools to allow customizing these characters and add custom faces.In additionthere will be G6 CloneCloth for creating custom clothing.[/quote]

I would not ask the question because now I am SO excited that 3DXchange6 available. Hehe
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (4/17/2015)
madicloner (4/17/2015)
What would be, if you sell again v5 and additional as plugin the softcloth and Indigo ? I think, a lot of people would buy that. Especially new customer. Older would take the plugins and would be able to work as well as before - but with new features while you got the time to reprogram v6 to a worthy successor of the best animator ever - v5. BigGrin

All our efforts are dedicated to improving iClone 6 at the moment. There is zero chance of us going backwards to start making additional plugins for iClone 5.

Hi Peter,

would it be possible to upgrade the Physic Toolbox to be compatible with IC6 PhysX technology ?
I do not want to be the spokesman for all the ppl who bought t, but I am 100% sure they would quite appreciate to be able to use it again for IC6.
I know we can bake the physic animation in IC5 and import in IC6 but that's almost useless if the physic animation shall be tailored specifically for a scene within a project developed in IC6.

Thanks

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
9 Years Ago by RobertoColombo
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 53 minutes ago
45thdiv (4/17/2015)
I am still having an Error with edit weight map - no sliders for brightness or contrast.

I posted a link to my screen capture on page 16 of this thread.  Will this be fixed soon?  I can't get my DAZ figures to be able to use soft cloth if I can't get the weight maps to work on them.

I looked at your screen capture and I think your problem is that the texture is linked (it is an external texture).

This is an option when exporting from 3DXchange. Make sure that "Embed External Textures" is selected. This will make the textures part of the file you export. You should now be able to edit your weight map.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

madicloner
madicloner
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
@Peter RL
Ok, I understand. Well let´s make a short list of mega problems we got with v6:
1. The biggest problem is now highpoly content like Daz and content with thousands up to 1 million and more polys:
v5 worked smoothly and without problems with Dazzies and 1 mio+ poly content was no fun, but v5 was able to handle it. I mean, you were able to edit the content fast and "fly araound" fast.
Rendering was fast, too. Projects that use physics, too!
In v6 this is fun is over! Just one Dazzie makes iClone suddenly sluggish. Fly around, edit and so on is no fun anymore. About 4 Dazzies are nearly not editable anymore. Sluggish nearly to death! 1 million poly content is only a torture to edit!
That´s the biggest mega problem! And this mega problem waged to the next mega problem: Inside the project only one Dazzie with activated super soft cloth, animated textures and dancing in in the "Vulcanic Rock" 3d scene: Suddenly the rendering time was absurd long! It was so bad, v6 sucked so much power, that it nearly made every other working on the pc impossible! In v5 projects using physics were no problem! If you can´t fix this mega problem, I will really have to render on an other machine. At moment I have to choose between working on the machine or rendering on it. With v5 this all was no problem! The core of v6 has a big problem.

2. v5 had to kinds of facials. Left and right. Now we got only one kind of facials. The remained facials are worse.

3. Errors everywhere and you asked me where. Fancy! Do you read your forum ? Every, really every patch results in mega threads of error reports! Anyway, here a very, very short list of errors and lost features:
Mirrors don´t work anymore, 2nd facials gone, popvideo gone, director mode gone, crash if you open directly a super soft cloth project (if you open first a v6 project and then the cloth project, it works), transferring of collision shape doesn´t work anymore (fix soon), various problems with opacity and shadows (forum) - often randomly, endless problems with Indigo (forum), sometimes collision shape doesn´t work and you need additional kinematic props to do the job, directx9 has problems with opacity - working with super soft cloth is impossible because the results look ugly, ugly interface that hate a lot of customers (with the old was nothing wrong - nothing!), various problems with the video export (forum), and on and on and on. And the next patch will result in more problems and new problems and - I bet - in new evolved problems because of the new patch.

4. That you don´t want to go back, is sad. That will be expensive! You will have to monkey around with all the problems, that you have already solved with v5 and get new problems with old content and new features and patches that destroy any part of the program and so on. All over again and again. Are you really sure, that is the best idea and way? What´s about a really complete change? Throw overboard the reprogrammed, buggy v6 core, take the actually very cheap Cryengine and code around your interfaces. That would mean automatically best graphics, too! Water, fluids, particels, physics, super soft cloth - everything is the best of the best! Take a look on the engine!
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Microsoft did not go back to Window 7 from Window 8, it went forward to Window 10.

But it brought back the START button !

Just a start button ? Can it really kill Window 8?

Just a start button !!!
Edited
9 Years Ago by prabhatM
45thdiv
45thdiv
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
animagic (4/17/2015)
45thdiv (4/17/2015)
I am still having an Error with edit weight map - no sliders for brightness or contrast.

I posted a link to my screen capture on page 16 of this thread. Will this be fixed soon? I can't get my DAZ figures to be able to use soft cloth if I can't get the weight maps to work on them.

I looked at your screen capture and I think your problem is that the texture is linked (it is an external texture).

Thisis an option when exporting from 3DXchange. Make sure that "Embed External Textures" is selected. This will make the textures part of thefile you export. You should now be able to edit your weight map.

Thanks - I thought I had selected that when I converted the figure, but this is the second mention of this, so I better go back and check.

Thanks

Matthew

PC stats:
Intel Core i7-5930K Processor (6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked to 3.9 GHz with Turbo Boost)

Windows 10
Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics, 8GB
Memory - 16GB Quad Channel  DDR4 at 2133MHz
DirectX - 12

256GB SSD 6Gb/s main HD + 4TB 6kRPM SATA 6Gb/s Storage

RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Topic: duplication of the names in The Scene window.

I think I finally found a test case.
I will pass to RL, but in the meanwhile I give the "wonderful" opportunity to any volunteer to confirm the problem by trying these simple steps:

1. New project
2. Add Mason
3. Add a Ball (3D Blocks -> Ball_001)
4. Attach the ball to Mason
5. Open the Attach to sub-node window ( three dots "...") and select the Pelvis as the bone to be attached
6. Add a Ball (3D Blocks -> Ball_001) again
7. Attach it to Mason
8. Open the Attach to sub-node window ( three dots "...") and select the BoneRoot as the bone to be attached

Now, you should see in the Scene window that one of the balls appears 2 time in the list of assets attached to Mason

Cheers

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
9 Years Ago by RobertoColombo
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
RobertoColombo (4/18/2015)
Topic: duplication of the names in The Scene window.

I think I finally found a test case.
I will pass to RL, but in the meanwhile I give the "wonderful" opportunity to any volunteer to confirm the problem by trying these simple steps:

1. New project
2. Add Mason
3. Add a Ball (3D Blocks -> Ball_001)
4. Attach the ball to Mason
5. Open the Attach to sub-node window ( three dots "...") and select the Pelvis as the bone to be attached
6. Add a Ball (3D Blocks -> Ball_001) again
7. Attach it to Mason
8. Open the Attach to sub-node window ( three dots "...") and select the BoneRoot as the bone to be attached

Now, you should see in the Scene window that one of the balls appears 2 time in the list of assets attached to Mason

Cheers

Roberto

Sure enough! "Boneroot" or "RootNode" both do this. If you go back and forth linking the same object between the two, you can get many duplicate names. Deleting the object will only delete the original name from the scene manager. Selecting a duplicate name after the object is deleted results in a crash (no surprise there).
madicloner
madicloner
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
@prabhatM: That is right. Microsoft never went back to any old system. But: They killed f.e. vista very, very fast. Why? It was too buggy, too shitty and big customers hated it. Well. So v6 should be killed. The core is too bad "re-coded" to be useable for super graphics. It can´t really handle highpoly content. That is like Windows 10 would be unable to play HD content - or only very bad. Would be absurd, or? This would be the instant-death of W10, or? For sure! v6 should lead iClone into a new and shiny future with super graphics with Indigo. Guess it was planned to give "big players" a "reason" to take iClone serious. This plan failed. Instead iClone had been thrown back into the child's shoes with error over bug and problem in too many parts of it. And additional all highpoly content is a problem for v6. And if you want to render something with super soft cloth, animation and atmosphere, the rendertime is near to f.e. Maya - but with much worse result. Well. So there are now two options, to solve this mess: 1. Kill v6 and go to v7 that is v5 with plugins. Similar to Microsoft (w7 was very stable and works very well).
2. Code some interfaces, automate the prop-conversion, code the inengine videomaking and go Cryengine. This would be the best solution. We would get all that we had got and additional physically water simulated by an engine, that needs less power than v6 and delivers better results than nearly every other engine on the market.
3. Btw.: v6 has sometimes problems with springs of avatars. Difficult to reproduce. They just don´t work, but technically should.
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
madicloner (4/18/2015)
@Peter RL
Ok, I understand. Well let´s make a short list of mega problems we got with v6:

I can tell you're upset, and I can see why.  I thank you for taking the time to provide a mature and useful response.  It was a good summary.  (I'm *not* being sarcastic; I'm being sincere.)

I, too, wish things would get fixed faster.  There is a reason we were using iClone 5.5, rather than 5.0 or even 5.3.  It is difficult to be patient (I really thought 6.1 would be out by now), but I trust we'll see iC6 continue to improve.  Until then, we hold their feet to the fire and do our little part to help define priorities.

Imagine were we might be by the time we see 6.3 or 6.4!

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
9 Years Ago by justaviking

Reading This Topic