Profile Picture

How do I add custom clothing on a character actor?

Posted By K.M. 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
K.M.
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
[color=#ffff00][size=8]I am trying to create a horror movie like character like this.

[/size][/color]

I did the face composition using the tutorial by Enoc where he describes how to do face fitting. Now I have to put the clothes on to my character. I tried to look for tutorials about adding custom costumes to characters. I couldn't find one. I don't want to use standard costumes available in the fully body library.

Can someone give me tips about how to add your own costumes on to the custom characters? Thank you.
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 6 minutes ago
Um, for CrazyTalk Animator or iClone?

This is the CrazyTalk Animator forum.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

K.M.
K.M.
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Hi,

I have CTA2 Standard version. I want to change the clothes on my character. I haave the face ready. I simply have to replace his shirts and pants with a robe. This should be easy but it's not. I don't need to show legs, hands or anything. Black robe covers everything from below the neck.

I need to know how to import upper and lower costumes, like bikinis or bras or things like that. Thanks.

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 6 minutes ago
With the CTA Standard version all you can do is replace body parts (i.e. upper torso), from within the Character Composer mode, with existing parts from the Content Manager Body tab.

You need the Pro version to do sprite replacements for custom cloths, body parts, etc.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

K.M.
K.M.
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks Jeff. I got it. I will do the clothing replacement part of my character when I upgrade to pro version. For now I will work with existing library or create a different character that I can use with the existing costume library in CTA2 standard.
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Long robes and, dresses, skirts are not supported. You have work around it.

Either make the entire robe part, part of the left leg or the the hip, or maybe just make the robe as a prop that can be attached to the character.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.

Reading This Topic